- The MSG GO or MSG+ app is not available for Firestick.
- You need to sideload the APK file on Fire TV Stick using any third-party installers.
If you are a fan of the Knicks, Rangers, Devils, Sabres, and Islanders Basketball teams, MSG GO or MSG+ is a must-have app for you. New York Knicks is my favorite team. Using the MSG+ app on my smartphone, I’ll watch all the Knicks games with my Spectrum cable TV subscription. But the MSG GO app can’t be installed on my Fire TV Stick.
If you are a Firestick user and want to get the MSG GO app, you have to sideload the app. I have sideloaded the MSG GO or MSG+ app on my Firestick using the Downloader app. Use this guide to get the MSG GO app on your Firestick.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Note: The MSG GO app is renamed to MSG+ on the Play Store and App Store.
Features of MSG GO
- With the latest version, you can stay tuned to the full game replays and game highlights.
- MSG+ also lets you watch the postgame analysis and interviews.
- Since it supports setting up alerts and reminders, you will never miss the scores and highlights.
- Users can play interactive games such as Trivia, Shirt Cannon, etc., and win prizes.
How to Download MSG GO on Firestick
1. Hit the Find icon on the Firestick home screen.
2. Use the virtual keyboard to type Downloader on the search bar.
3. Look for the Downloader app in the search results.
4. On the app info screen, hit the Get button or Download icon to install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
5. Click the Cog icon displayed on the Firestick home screen.
6. Then, select the My Fire TV tab.
7. Next, choose Developer Options.
8. From the Developer options section, select Install unknown apps.
9. Navigate to the Downloader app and turn it ON by selecting the toggle switch.
10. Once enabled, launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV or Firestick-connected TV.
11. Select the URL Box and enter the link of the MSG+ APK (https://bit.ly/3QiwQeL).
12. Click on the Go button below the URL Box.
13. Now, you can see that the MSG Go app download has started.
14. On the pop-up menu, select the Install button.
15. Once installed, click the Open button to launch it.
How to Sideload MSG Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer on Firestick is a handy tool to manage the files and media content saved on your device. Also, the ES File Explorer comes with a built-in Downloader feature that you can use to sideload any applications to your Fire TV.
1. Launch the ES File Explorer app after installing it. Like Downloader, you need to enable the option Install unknown apps for ES File Explorer. To enable it, refer to the below one-line guide.
Go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install unknown apps → Turn On ES File Explorer.
2. Then, from the ES File Explorer home, select the Downloader icon.
3. Next, click on the + New tab.
4. Input the URL of the MSG Go apk for Firestick (https://bit.ly/3QiwQeL) in the Path field.
5. Next, in the Name field, enter any name you want.
6. Then, click on the Download Now button.
7. Now, from the Pop-up menu, you can find the Download progress of the MSG Go app.
8. Once the MSG Go app is downloaded, click on Open File.
9. Next, proceed further by clicking on the Install button.
10. Within a minute or two, the MSG Go app will be installed on your Firestick.
11. Once installed, you can click on the Open button to launch the MSG GO app.
How to Use MSG Plus on Firestick
1. When you open the MSG Plus app on your Firestick, you will get the Sign In screen.
2. Tap the Sign In button and enter your cable TV credentials. You can also use your live TV account. Make sure that the TV provider is offering the MSG Network channel. If not, you can’t sign in to the app.
3. If the Sign In is successful, you will get the MSG Plus home screen.
4. Choose your team to get all the available matches.
5. Tap the Watch button to stream the game on your Firestick.
How to Cast MSG Go on Firestick from Android Phone
MSG Go app is available on the Google Play Store. So, you can mirror the MSG Go app from your Android Smartphone.
1. Long press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select the Mirroring tab.
2. Next, connect your Fire TV and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. From the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone, install the MSG Go app.
4. Next, launch the MSG Go app and sign in to your account.
5. Open the Notification Panel on your Android phone by swiping the screen from up to down or from down to up.
4. Select Cast and Choose your Firestick device to mirror the Android Phone screen.
5. Now, the MSG Go app will be cast to Fire TV. And you can choose any sports content to watch on the big screen.
How to Get MSG Go on Firestick Without Cable
The following are the available streaming services that offer MSG Network as a part of their subscription plan.
You already know that the fuboTV on Firestick can be used to stream sports content. So, you will get the best streaming experience with the fuboTV as it offers the MSG Network. Also, upon subscribing to the fuboTV Pro plan at $74.99/month, you will get 1000 hours of cloud DVR Storage. Also, you will get to stream 100+ live TV channels with the fuboTV.
By subscribing to the Entertainment Pan at $74.99/month, you can get the MSG Network. The other channel lineups you will get are Cartoon Network, AMC, HG TV, TBS, truTV, and other 60+ channels. In addition, you will get unlimited Cloud DVR Storage with a subscription to any of the four plans offered by DirecTV Stream on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. MSG Go is unavailable for Firestick and you cannot find it on the Amazon App Store.
No. MSG GO isn’t available on Hulu+Live TV. You can only watch MSG Network over fuboTV or DirecTV Stream on Firestick.
Yes. MSG GO app is free to stream with your cable TV credentials.