Firestick is the most popular streaming device that gives your a better streaming experience. It is loaded with several streaming applications in its official Amazon App Store. If you want to access more applications that are not available in Firestick, then you have to jailbreak your Firestick device. With a jailbroken Firestick, you can watch live TV and on-demand content using apps from multiple sources other than the Amazon store. As Firestick is a fork of Android, you can sideload apps easily.
Why Do you Jailbreak a Firestick?
There might be some restrictions imposed on your Fire TV for security purposes. However, you can remove those restrictions safely to enjoy unlimited content by jailbreaking your Firestick. The concept of why you want to jailbreak is simple, and that is to unlock the unlimited content that the Firestick device offers. After the Jailbreaking process, you can get the entertainment content of your choice, i.e., Live TV, movies, TV shows, news, sports, and more, using third-party apps, with the best-jailbroken channels & apps.
Is it Legal to Jailbreak a Firestick?
Yes, it is legal to jailbreak a Firestick. Legality is based on the content, that you are streaming. If you follow all the rules, then jailbreaking a Firestick is 100% legal and safe to use.
How to Jailbreak or Unlock Firestick / Fire TV
The following are the steps to jailbreak your Firestick device:
1. To Jailbreak or unlock your Firestick or Fire TV, you need to create Firestick Account; it is done from its official website
2. Plug your Firestick into the HDMI port on your TV
3. Click on the Home button on Firestick or Fire TV remote, and the Firestick home screen appears on your screen
4. Navigate to the Settings menu option
5. Now select the Preferences option
6. Click on Privacy Settings
7. Under privacy settings, you need to turn off Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data options
8. Go back to the Preferences option screen and choose Data Monitoring
9. Turn off the Data Monitoring option
10. Press the Back button on your remote, and go to Settings.
11. Select the My Fire TV or Device option
12. Click on the Developer option
13. Click on Apps from Unknown Source to enable it
14. Click Turn on from the prompt to enable this option.
15. Also, enable the ADB debugging option.
That’s it. Now your Firestick or FireTV is Jailbroken; you can install third-party apps directly onto your device by using the downloader app, ES File Explorer, or any other file manager app capable of installing apps on Firestick.
The two most commonly used apps to sideload third-party apps onto the Firestick are.
- Sideload using the Downloader app
- Sideload using ES File Explorer
How to Jailbreak Firestick Using Downloader
Downloader app for Fire TV is an official app to install, which is found on Amazon App Store.
1. Go to the Firestick Home screen
2. Select Find > Search from the home screen.
3. Enter Downloader using the virtual keyboard and search for the app
4. Choose the Downloader app under the Apps & Games category.
4. Click on the Download button from the Downloader information screen to start the installation
5. When the installation is complete, click Open
6. Click Allow and choose Settings from the downloader menu
8. Click Yes from the prompt
9. Then click on Home from the left pane; it will take you to the Downloader home screen
10. Select the URL box and enter the URL of any APK File you want. For Example: Let us enter the Kodi APK URL https://bit.ly/3wCbuz0.
11. Click Go, and the apk file of the Kodi will start downloading.
12. When the download is completed, click next and then click Install
13. Once the Installation is done, click Open to enter into the app
Related: Install Neptune Rising Kodi Addon on Firestick
How to Jailbreak Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer app is also commonly used as a File Manager app on Firestick or Fire TV to install apps. Also, the ES File Explorer on Firestick is an alternative to the Downloader app.
1. From the Firestick home screen, select Find.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
2. Use the virtual keyboard to enter ES File Explorer and search for the app.
3. From the Apps & Games category, click on the ES File Explorer app.
4. Click on the Download icon from the app information screen
5. When the download is complete, click on Open
6. Select the Tools option on the left pane and then choose the Downloader option (or) Click on the Downloader icon directly from the right side
7. Click on + New icon from the bottom of the screen
8. A small window opens with Path Field and Name field. Here, enter your app’s URL in the path field and the Name of the app in the name text box (Example. Titanium TV)
9. Click on Download Now button for the app to start downloading
10. When the downloading is finished, click Open File and then click Install
11. Once the installation is done, click on Open to enter into the app
Now your app home page is displayed on your Firestick or Fire TV screen.
How to Use Jailbroken Firestick
Before using the Jailbroken Firestick, you need to protect yourself from online threats. To do that, you need to connect to the best VPN like the ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect to an internet connection.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Then, from the home screen, select the Find tab.
4. Next, choose the Search tile.
5. Now, you can see a virtual keyboard displayed on-screen. Using the virtual keyboard, enter ExpressVPN and search for the app.
6. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
7. Click on the Get or Download button.
8. The ExpressVPN app will start to download, and after that, the app will be automatically installed on your Firestick.
9. Once the ExpressVPN app is installed, click on the Open button.
10. Enter your subscription credentials and log in to your account.
11. Choose any of the VPN server locations of your choice and click on the Connect button.
12. Finally, you are connected to the secured VPN server location.
Once you are done following the steps above, you can start enjoying the unlimited entertainment by using the Jailbroken Firestick from the section below.
Best Apps for Jailbroken Firestick
Using a jailbroken Firestick will abundant your joy for streaming popular movies, trending shows, latest episodes of exclusive series, etc. at the best lowest prices. Moreover, you can also download free apps for streaming your favorites without spending a single penny. You already know that there are a lot of best apps for Firestick. So, to ease yourself from trouble, we have shortlisted some of the apps for your Fire TV below.
1. Cinema HD
With the Cinema HD on Firestick, you can search and watch all your favorite movies and TV shows free of cost. Also, you can watch Live TV on Firestick with the help of the Cinema HD platform. In the meantime, you also have the option to download your favorite movies and TV shows.
2. Ola TV
Ola TV on Firestick is a type of platform that is entirely dedicated to live stream your favorite TV channels from around the globe. With this platform, you can watch over 5000+ channels. Also, you can filter the channel you want to want from countries and genres.
3. CyberFlix TV
CyberFlix TV on Firestick is the platform you need to watch your favorite entertainment content with over 255+ subtitles. Also, this platform has one of the fastest servers, so you can use it to watch your favorites without any interruption. In addition, you will find no ads on this platform.
4. Live NetTV
You can install the Live Net TV on Firestick to watch live cable TV channels. Also, for your comfort, the live TV channels are categorized into different sections. So, you can choose the category you want to watch and stream it at ease. Also, you can stream the best sports channels on Firestick.
How to Jailbreak Firestick using Kodi
To install the add-on on Kodi, you have to install the latest version of Kodi on Firestick. Here is what you need to do,
Steps to Install Kodi on Firestick
1. Configure your Firestick by enabling unknown sources.
2. Install Downloader on Firestick from the official Amazon App Store.
3. Click Accept to permit access to all the files.
4. On the URL field, enter the Kodi Apk file and click Go.
5. Wait till the apk file gets downloaded and click Install.
6. After the installation, click Done and Open to launch the app.
7. Click Continue and click Allow to access all the media files on your device.
8. Once the Kodi gets loaded on your Firestick.
Steps to Install Addons using Kodi
1. Go to the Settings option on your Kodi and click on System.
2. Choose Unknown Source and enable it.
3. Head back to the Settings option and select File Manager.
4. Select Add Source on the right panel.
5. Now, select <None> and enter the URL link as http://narcacist.com/repo.
6. Tap Ok.
7. Enter Asgard in the Media Sorce box and click Ok.
8. Now, go to the Kodi Settings > select Add-ons > Install from Zip File.
9. Select Asgard from the list and click OK.
10. Select Install from Repository and select Narcacist’s Wizard Repository.
11. Then, click on the Video Addons > Asgard > Install > OK.
12. After the installation, go to Settings > Addons > Video Addons > Asgard to launch.
With the Kodi app, you can install addons on it to watch all your favorite movies and TV shows. And there are a lot of best Kodi Addons available on the internet. But you have to choose the most secure and trustworthy platform. At the same time, we have listed some of the addons that you can use on your Kodi with Firestick.
1. Venom Addon
Venom Kodi addon is a free platform that you can install to watch free movies and TV shows. Also, you can connect with Real Debrod and Trakt.tv. In addition, the Venom addon platform is categorized into different sections that are all dedicated to your entertainment.
2. Asgard Kodi Addon
Asgard Kodi addon is another such platform that you can install to get free entertainment. One important feature offered by the Asgard Kodi addon is that you can filter your favorite content by year, genre, and more. Also, you will get 4K movies and a TV series collection with this addon.
3. Iron Man Kodi Addon
With the Iron Man Kodi addon, you can get the IMDb top-rated movies. This feature will be useful when you don’t know what movies or TV shows you want to watch. In addition, you will get categorized sections like Comedy Movies, Action movies, Horror Movies, etc.
4. Liberatus Kodi Addon
Liberatus Kodi addon is also one such platform where you can get to know the best-rated movies. Also, you have the option to stream them. In addition, you will get a separate section for movies, TV shows, and genre-wise sections like Action, Comedy, Fantasy, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can jailbreak a Firestick TV.
On your Firestick 4K TV, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Apps from Unknown Sources. Then, select the Turn On button. Next, you can use the Downloader or ES File Explorer that can be installed from the Amazon App Store to install the jailbroken apps on your Fire TV.
Most Firestick users are unaware of the legality issues of jailbreaking their devices. To answer their query, it is completely legal because you are not hacking their technology. You are only changing the Settings on your Fire TV to install apps from Unknown Sources. So, Jailbreaking Amazon Fire Stick is completely legal.
You can use apps like Dowbkoader, ES File Explorer, Aptoide TV, and Apps2Fire to jailbreak Fire TV without Kodi.