Firestick is one of the most popular streaming devices to install and watch tons of applications within seconds. On the contrary, some apps are not officially available on Firestick’s Amazon App Store. In that case, you can proceed with a jailbreak on your Firestick device to install your desired app with ease. Besides, many users don’t know the algorithm to jailbreak their Fire TV Stick. If you’re one among them, then we’re here to provide you will all the obligatory information and the aftermath of jailbreaking Firestick.
Why Should I Jailbreak a Firestick?
There might be some restrictions imposed on your Fire TV for security purposes. However, you can remove those restrictions safely to enjoy unlimited content by jailbreaking your Firestick. The concept of why you want to jailbreak is simple, and that is to unlock the unlimited content that the Firestick device offers. After the Jailbreaking process, you can get the entertainment content of your choice using third-party apps.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Is it Legal to Jailbreak a Firestick?
Yes, it is legal to jailbreak a Firestick. Legality is based on the content, that you are streaming. If you follow all the rules, then jailbreaking a Firestick is 100% legal and safe to use.
How to Jailbreak Firestick
Remember that, jailbreaking a Firestick is not a simple process. Meanwhile, you can follow the below algorithm to successfully jailbreak your Firestick without any issues.
Step 1: Install and Configure Downloader App on Firestick
Downloader is a unique tool that is used to sideload applications that are not available on the Amazon App Store.
1. Turn on your Firestick device and connect it to a stable WiFi network.
2. Go to the Firestick Home screen using the remote control.
3. Select Find → Search from the home screen.
4. Enter Downloader using the virtual keyboard and search for the app.
5. Choose the app and hit the Get/ Download button to install the Downloader app on Firestick.
5. When the installation is complete, click Open.
6. Click Allow and choose Settings from the downloader menu.
8. Click Yes from the prompt.
9. Then click on Home from the left pane; it will take you to the Downloader home screen.
10. After completing the algorithm, proceed with step 2.
Step 2: Enable Downloader on Settings
After installing the Downloader tool, you need to enable the Downloader app by navigating the Settings option on your Firestick device.
1. Navigate back to the Home screen on your Fire TV Stick.
2. Select the Settings icon and choose My Fire TV.
3. After that, choose the Developer Options from the list of available options.
Note: If you can’t able to see the developer mode option, you can navigate to Settings → My Fire TV → About and click the Fire TV Stick option 7 times to enable the Developer Mode.
4. Then, enable the ADB Debugging option.
5. Further, click Install Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader app.
Step 3: Turn Off Privacy Settings
After enabling the unknown sources option, make sure to turn off the respective settings on the Privacy Settings option to continue with jailbreaking.
1. From the Firestick Home screen, navigate to the Settings option.
2. After that, select Preferences.
3. Scroll down and choose the Privacy Settings option.
4. Now, turn off the Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data option on your Fire TV Stick.
5. Further, click the Back button and select Data Usage Monitoring.
6. Turn off the Data Usage Monitoring option on the next screen to proceed further.
Step 4: Start Jailbreaking Firestick
After following all the steps mentioned above, you can start jailbreaking your Firestick device using the Downloader tool.
1. Open the Downloader app on your Firestick device.
2. Then, click on Home from the left pane, it will take you to the Downloader home screen.
3. Select the URL box and enter the URL of any APK File you want.
- For instance, enter the Kodi APK URL (https://bit.ly/3wCbuz0) in the search bar.
4. Click Go, and the apk file of the Kodi will start downloading.
5. When the download is completed, click Next and then click Install.
6. Once the installation is done, click Open to open the Kodi app.
Finally, your Firestik is now jailbroken. You can launch the Kodi app on your Firestick and access the content to stream your favorite content with ease.
How to Jailbreak Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer app on Firestick can be used as a File Manager and to install third-party apps. Moreover, ES File Explorer is a good alternative to the Downloader app.
1. From the Firestick home screen, select Find.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
2. Use the virtual keyboard to enter ES File Explorer and search for the app.
3. From the Apps & Games category, click on the ES File Explorer app.
4. Click on the Download icon from the app information screen.
5. When the download is complete, click on Open.
6. Select the Tools option on the left pane and then choose the Downloader option (or) Click on the Downloader icon directly from the right side.
7. Click on the + New icon from the bottom of the screen.
8. A small window opens with Path Field and Name field.
- Enter your APK download link in the Path field (bit.ly/3GzeroW).
- Enter the Name of the app in the Name text box (Titanium TV).
9. Click on the Download Now button for the app to start downloading.
10. When the downloading is finished, click Open File and then click Install.
11. Once the installation is done, click on Open to launch the Titanium TV app.
Now your app home page is displayed on your Firestick or Fire TV screen.
How to Use Jailbroken Firestick
Before using the Jailbroken Firestick, you need to be safe against potential threats. For this purpose, you must connect to the best VPN services like ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Turn on your Firestick and connect to an internet connection.
2. Press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
3. Then, from the home screen, select the Find tab.
4. Next, choose the Search tile.
5. Now, you can see a virtual keyboard displayed on-screen. Using that, enter ExpressVPN and search for the app.
6. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
7. Click on the Get or Download button to begin the installation.
8. The ExpressVPN app will be automatically installed on your Firestick.
9. Once the ExpressVPN app is installed, click on the Open button.
10. Enter your subscription credentials and log in to your ExpressVPN account.
11. Choose any of the VPN servers of your choice and click on the Connect button.
12. Finally, you are connected to the secured VPN server location.
Once you are done with the steps above, you can start enjoying unlimited entertainment by using the Jailbroken Firestick from the section below.
Best Apps for Jailbroken Firestick
Using a jailbroken Firestick allows users to stream popular movies, trending shows, the latest episodes of exclusive series, etc. Moreover, you can also download free apps for streaming your favorites without spending a single penny. You already know that there are a lot of best apps for Firestick. For your convenience, we have shortlisted some of the apps for your Fire TV below.
Cinema HD is a platform to watch all your favorite movies and TV shows for free of cost. It is integrated with Real-Debrid, Trakt, and All-Debrid. So, you can easily download movies with high-speed links. In addition, you can check out the watch history by logging in to your Trakt account.
Ola TV is an application where you can watch thousands of TV channels for free. It has TV channels for sports, kids, news, entertainment, and more. Furthermore, it supports Real-Debrid which helps to download files in a single click. Ola TV is popular in the United States, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Turkey.
CyberFlix TV is the service to watch free movies and TV shows in 720p and 1080p. It also supports Chromecast so you can mirror your smartphone screen to Firestick. This application contains no ads so you enjoy streaming without any interruptions. It also features a built-in media player to play all media files.
Live NetTV is an application that offers 800+ live TV channels without any subscription. It also updates its database with new streaming links on a regular basis. You can also cast TV channels by using third-party apps like LocalCast, WebVideoCast, and Bubble UPnP Players.
How to Jailbreak Firestick using Kodi
After sideloading the Kodi app on your Firestick, you can install Kodi add-ons to watch your favorite movies and shows at your comfort.
1. Go to Settings on your Kodi and click on System.
2. Choose Unknown Sources and enable it.
3. Go back to the Settings option and select File Manager.
4. Select Add Source on the right panel.
5. Now, select <None> and enter the URL link as http://narcacist.com/repo.
6. Tap Ok to continue.
7. Enter Asgard in the Media Sorce box and click Ok.
8. Now, go to the Kodi Settings > select Add-ons > Install from Zip File.
9. Select Asgard from the list and click OK.
10. Select Install from Repository and select Narcacist’s Wizard Repository.
11. Then, click on the Video Addons → Asgard → Install → OK.
12. After the installation, go to Settings → Addons → Video Addons → Asgard to launch.
You can install addons on the Kodi app to watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Keep in mind, there are tons of Kodi addons on the internet. But you have to choose the most secure and trustworthy platform. Here we have listed some of the best Kodi addons for Firestick.
Venom Kodi addon is a free platform to watch 100s of movies and TV shows. Also, you can connect with Real Debrid and Trakt. In addition, the Venom addon platform is categorized into different sections like new movies, new episodes, recently aired, news and info, etc.
Asgard Kodi Addon
Asgard Kodi addon is another platform to get free entertainment content. One important feature offered by the Asgard Kodi addon is that you can filter your favorite content by year, genre, and more. Also, you will get 4K movies and a TV series collection with this addon.
Iron Man Kodi Addon
With the Iron Man Kodi addon, you can get the IMDb top-rated movies. This feature will be useful to prepare a playlist if you don’t have an idea of what to watch. In addition, it has different sections like Comedy Movies, Action movies, Horror Movies, etc.
Liberatus Kodi Addon
Liberatus Kodi addon is also one such platform where you can get to know the best-rated movies. Also, you have the option to stream them. In addition, you will get a separate section for movies, TV shows, and genre-wise sections like Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Thriller, etc.
Yes, you can jailbreak a Firestick TV.
On your Firestick 4K TV, go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer options → Apps from Unknown Sources. Then, select the Turn On button. Next, you can use the Downloader or ES File Explorer which can be installed from the Amazon App Store to install the jailbroken apps on your Fire TV.
Most Firestick users are unaware of the legality issues of jailbreaking their devices. To answer their query, it is completely legal because you are not hacking their technology. You are only changing the Settings on your Fire TV to install apps from Unknown Sources. So, Jailbreaking Amazon Fire Stick is completely legal.
You can use apps like Dowbkoader, ES File Explorer, Aptoide TV, and Apps2Fire to jailbreak Fire TV without Kodi.
59745, 59601, and 26142 are some of the best codes for the Downloader tool for jailbreaking.