If you want to download apps unavailable in the native Store, then Downloader is the best option. It is the best sideloaded Firestick that helps you to download and install a huge collection of apps by using a URL. As Firestick is also an Android-based device, you can use Downloader on Firestick, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube as well. It has a simple user interface lets you sideload apps on Firestick without hassle. Moreover, the Downloader app is completely free to use, and it doesn’t pose any ads. It also has a built-in browser to surf the internet and download or bookmark files. The Downloader is available on the Amazon app store, so search for the app, and if it turns up on the result, install it immediately.
How to Download Downloader on Firestick
#1 Turn on your Firestick-connected TV and connect to an internet connection.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
#2 From the home screen, select the Find tab.
#3 Next, click on the Search tile.
#4 Use the virtual keyboard to enter and search for the Downloader.
#5 From the suggestions displayed, click on the Downloader.
#6 The Downloader app information page opens under the Apps & Games section.
#7 Click the Get button. With this, the Downloader app will download and install on your Firestick.
How to Get Downloader on Firestick using Amazon Website
#1 Go to the Amazon website using any browser.
#2 Click on the Search bar and search for Downloader.
#3 Select the app from the suggestions.
#4 Click the Sign-in option on the right corner of the page.
#5 Sign in with your account Amazon credentials.
#6 Choose your Firestick device from the list.
#7 Within a few hours, the app will download on your Firestick device.
How to Use Downloader on Firestick
You must note that the installation of applications from other than the Amazon App Store will be entirely restricted by default. So, you need to lift the restriction to install any application you want on your Firestick. And below are the steps you should follow to do the same.
Enable Apps From Unknown Sources
#1 On your Firestick, go to Settings.
#2 Go to My Fire TV.
#3 Click on Developer options.
#4 From the Developer options, select Install Unknown Apps.
#5 Next, Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
Now, you can use the Downloader to install any app you like on your Fire TV.
How to Setup Downloader on Firestick Home
#1 Long press the Home button on your Fire TV.
#2 Now, you can see all the installed applications on your Fire TV.
#3 Select the Downloader app and press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote.
#4 Select the Move option from the right pane.
#5 Now, use the directional keys on your Fire TV and drag the Downloader app to the top of the order.
#6 Next, go to the home screen and select the Downloader app to launch it.
How to Download Apps with Downloader on Firestick
After launching the Downloader app, select the OK button. Then, you need to tweak the Settings on the Downloader app to entirely utilize the features of this platform. And below are the steps you should follow to tweak Settings on Downloader.
1. After launching the Downloader app, select Settings from the left pane.
3. Confirm your selection by clicking on the Yes button.
After setting up the Downloader, you have two methods to sideload apps using the Downloader. They are:
- Through Direct URL
- Using the Browser
How to Install Apps on Firestick using URL
NOTE: In the steps below, we have shown you how to install Kodi on Firestick using Downloader.
1. Click on the URL box on the home screen of the Downloader.
2. Enter the URL of the APK File of the Kodi app.
3. Click on the Go button to download the Kodi app.
4. After downloading the Kodi app, select the Install button.
5. Now, the Kodi app will install on your Firestick.
6. Next, Done, and Open are the two options you will get after installing the Downloader.
7. You can select the Open button to launch the Kodi app immediately.
8. In case you want to launch the Kodi app later, click on the Done button.
9. Finally, click on the Delete button if you want to delete the APK File.
How to Download Apps on Firestick using the Browser
Click on the Browser tab from the left pane and follow the steps below:
1. To download the Kodi app, enter the URL http://kodi.tv/download.
2. Tap on the Go button.
3. Then, click on the Kodi Version you want to download.
4. Now, the APK File start to download.
5. Once the APK File is downloaded, click on the Install button.
6. After installation, you can click on the Open button to launch the Kodi app.
More About Downloader
Here are some other features of Downloader that you must know
- Download any apps by just entering the URL link.
- It allows you to download thousands of apps that are not available in the Amazon App Store.
- You can surf the internet using Downloader with your Fire TV remote. Also, like in other browsers, you can bookmark pages for future reference, access full-screen mode, zooming, and more.
- Using the favorites option, you can quickly save and open the most visited URLs.
Latest Update: In the new version, the errors that cause URL compatibility or authorization issues have been fixed
Why Can’t I Find a Downloader on Firestick?
Downloader is unavailable in some regions on your Amazon Firestick. But this doesn’t mean anything. And you can install the Downloader on Firestick from anywhere in the world. You can sign in to your Amazon Account from the Universal website of Amazon to get the Downloader on Fire TV around the globe.
How can you Register with Universal Amazon Account?
Initially, you need to visit Amazon.com and use a new mail ID to create a new Amazon Account. If you haven’t already set up your Amazon Account on your Fire TV, there is no trouble. But if you try to de-register your account, all the apps you have installed, data, and history will be removed on your Fire TV.
- In Case it’s the first time you are using Fire TV, select the Register button and enter your login credentials from the Universal Amazon account to set up your Fire TV.
- If you have already registered your Amazon Account on your Fire TV, go to Account & Profile Settings and click on your Account Name. Then, click on the De-Register option. Then, you can sign in with your universal Amazon Account to get the Downloader app on the Amazon App Store.
If the app is still not available on your Firestick device, you can try out alternative apps for Downloader like
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Downloader app is free to install on Firestick.
You can choose the ES File Explorer on Firestick as the best alternative for Downloader.