- ES File Explorer Direct Installation: Launch Fire TV → Find → Search tab→ Search ES File Explorer → Tap Get to Install.
- Use ES File Explorer: Enable Unknown Sources → Launch ES File Explorer → Tools → Downloader → +New → Enter the URL → Download Now → Open File → Install.
ES File Explorer is a popular file manager for Firestick devices. It is the best app to install and manage applications and files. Like the Downloader app, you can use ES File Explorer to sideload and install third-party apps that are unavailable on the Amazon app store. In addition to that, you can organize, move, and delete files or applications on ES File Explorer. Moreover, ES File Explorer is available on various devices like Android boxes, Firestick, etc. Thus, Downloader apps are geo-restricted in certain places, you can choose ES File Explorer to manage and sideload apps on Firestick.
ES File Explorer Safety Check
While testing the ES File Explore website, we found zero malware or spam. But, it had denoted that there are some certificate issues. However, installing the ES File Explorer app on Fire TV is 100% legal and safe.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
How to Download ES File Explorer for Firestick
Installing the ES File Explorer on Firestick is a straightforward process. The app is available on the Amazon app store, and let’s see how to download it using simple steps.
#1 Turn on your Firestick device-connected TV and go to the home screen.
#2 From the home screen, select the Find tab.
#3 Next, below the Find tab, click on the Search tile.
#4 Now, use the virtual keyboard displayed on the screen to enter ES File Explorer. After that, click on the ES File Explorer option below the suggestion list.
#5 From the Apps & Games section, select the ES File Explorer app.
#6 Select the Get or Download button.
#7 After that, the ES File Explorer app will start downloading on your Firestick.
#8 Once the ES File Explorer download is complete, the app will be automatically installed on your Fire Stick.
How to Setup ES File Explorer on Firestick
After your install the ES File Explorer app on Firestick, you need to make some changes in the Settings to use it.
1. From your Fire TV home screen, select the Settings icon from the upper right corner.
2. Next, choose the My Fire TV option.
3. After that, select the Developer options.
4. From the Developer options, choose the Install unknown apps option.
5. Find the ES File Explorer and select it.
6. Next, turn on the ES File Explorer if it is turned off.
Finally, you can launch the ES File Explorer app to sideload any apps to your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Sideload Apps on Firestick using ES File Explorer
The most often used feature of the ES File Explorer is the sideloading feature. Let us see how to sideload an app using the ES File Explorer app from the steps below.
#1 Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote for 30 seconds.
#2 Now, select the Apps tab from the menu displayed on the screen.
#3 After that, a list of apps you installed on your Firestick will display on the screen.
#4 Find the ES File Explorer app and select it. Next, press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote.
#5 Select the Move to Front option displayed on the right pane.
#6 Press the Home button on your remote to return to the home screen.
#7 Select the ES File Explorer app and launch it.
#8 After that, select the Agree button and subsequently select the Allow button from the popup screen.
#9 Click the Free Trial button.
#10 Next, select the Subscribe monthly button.
#11 Use the available payment methods and subscribe to the ES File Explorer premium version.
#12 From the sidebar, click the Tools menu.
#13 Click the Downloader app on the main pane.
#14 From the bottom, click the + New icon.
#15 From the popup window, add the URL of the APK File of Live NetTV (https://bit.ly/3NT7dOL) on the path field and enter the name of the app to be downloaded in the Name field. After that, click the Download Now button.
NOTE: We have shown you how to sideload Live NetTV on Firestick using the ES File Explorer app.
#16 The ES File Explorer app will download the file, and you can see the progress from the bar.
#17 Click the Open File button after the download is complete.
#18 After that, select Install from the bottom right corner.
#19 The app will be installed on the Firestick, and when complete, you will see an app-installed notification on the bottom right.
#20 Click Open to start with the app.
How to Sideload Apps and Transfer Files from Computer to Firestick
To transfer and sideload apps from Firestick, you need to enable the ADB debugging option. To do that, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > ADB debugging. Now, make sure that the ADB debugging is turned on.
1. Select the ES File Explorer app from the home screen to launch it.
2. Scroll down from the ES File Explorer home screen and select the View on PC icon.
3. Next, select the Turn On button.
4. Note down the FTP address displayed on the screen of the ES File Explorer app.
5. After that, open the File Manager from your PC.
6. Right-click on the Network option from the left pane and choose the Map Network drive option.
7. Choose the option that is highlighted ‘Connect a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.’
8. Now, click on the Next button.
9. After that, select the Choose a custom network location folder and select the Next button.
10. Enter the FTP address on the required field you noted down earlier.
11. After that, select the Next button.
12. Enter the username and password. After that, choose the Next option.
13. Finally, your Firestick folder will be displayed on your PC. Now, you can transfer your files between your Firestick device-connected TV and PC.
To sideload apps to your Firestick from your PC to Firestick using ES File Explorer, you can refer to the section below:
1. Copy any APK File from your computer and paste it to your Firestick folder.
2. Go to the ES File Explorer on your Firestick and go to the location where you have copied the APK File from your PC.
3. Select the APK File, and a popup window will appear. From the popup window, select the Install button.
4. Once again, select the Install button to start the installation process.
5. Wait for one or two minutes, and the app will be sideloaded to your Firestick.
How to Connect to Cloud Drives on Firestick using ES File Explorer
One of the best features of ES File Explorer is that you can use it to connect to cloud storage services like Google Drive on Firestick. So, let us discover how you can get the cloud storage services on your Firestick using the ES File Explorer from the steps below.
1. Launch the ES File Explorer app from your Fire TV home screen.
2. From the ES File Explorer home screen, find and select the Cloud Drive icon.
3. If you have a Google Drive account, click on the Log In to Google Drive button and sign in with your Google account.
4. If you don’t have a Google account, select the Log In with Other Cloud Drive option.
5. Now, you can choose the cloud service platform from which you have an account.
6. Sign in with your account to finish the setup process.
7. After that, select Network > Cloud Drive from the left pane.
Finally, you can access your Cloud Drive from your Firestick with the ES File Explorer.
How to Manage Storage using ES File Explorer
You can also use the ES File Explorer to manage files stored on your Fire Stick. And below are the steps to do the same.
1. Launch the ES File Explorer app. From the home screen, select the Internal Storage icon.
2. Choose any folder you want and open it.
3. Select the file you want to remove and choose the Delete button from the bottom of the interface.
4. Finally, click on the OK button to complete removing the file you have selected.
NOTE: The file you have recently removed will be moved to the recycle bin. If you want to permanently delete the file, uncheck the Move to recycle bin option from the popup window.
Why use a VPN on Firestick?
It is always recommended to use a VPN while streaming third-party apps on Firestick. This is because the Government and ISPs are constantly tracking the users, and in case you stream any copyrighted content like movies, sports, TV shows, etc., it becomes easy for the government and ISP to track your identity, which may lead you to face serious troubles. So, it is better to connect to the best VPN on Firestick for a hassle-free streaming process.
More About ES File Explorer
- ES File Explorer has an easy-to-use interface and is lightweight.
- It offers support for 30+ languages.
- Supports multiple operating devices like Android/ iOS / Smart TV, etc.
- Helps to manage multiple cloud drives.
- Transferring files is faster between cloud and local storage.
Best Alternatives for ES File Explorer
If you want to try any other app to download third-party apps, you can try installing the following spp in the list below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for a sideloading app for your Firestick, ES File Explorer is the best choice. Also, you can manage files on your Firestick with the ES File Explorer app.
On your ES File Explorer app, go to Settings > Accounts > Billings or Subscriptions. Select the Cancel button to cancel your ES File Explorer premium subscription.