Amazon Firestick is known as one of the best streaming devices that can convert your normal TV to smart TV. Once you power on your Fire TV after connecting your Fire TV device to your TV, you will get an intuitive user interface for the best experience. However, not all streaming services are perfect because Fire TV has some noticeable freezing issues. But you can eliminate this issue at ease and you only need to restart or reboot your Amazon Firestick device. So, if you are a new Firestick user, you can learn how to restart your Amazon Firestick from the section below.
Can you Restart your Firestick?
By default, you have the option to restart your Firestick. Also, there are various methods you can use to restart your device. In addition, the below section will guide you through the step-by-step procedure to restart your Fire TV.
Methods to Restart or Reboot Firestick
You need to restart or reboot your Firestick when there are any performance issues after clearing Firestick storage. There are three methods to restart your Amazon Firestick
- Restart Firestick using remote
- Restart Firestick from settings
- Unplug Firestick from Power source
Related: How to reset your Firestick?
Method 1: Restart Firestick from Settings
1. Open your Firestick and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Settings menu option.
3. Click on the My FireTV option.
4. Scroll down and choose the Restart option.
5. Click Restart again from the Prompt.
That’s it. Now your Firestick will restart and the power-off notification is shown on the screen.
Related: How to install Betternet VPN on Firestick
Method 2: Restart Firestick with the Remote
1. Take your Firestick Remote.
2. Press and hold the select button and play or pause button simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
3. Now your Firestick will begin to start restart directly without any notification or confirmation message on the TV screen.
Method 3: Restart Firestick by Unplugging it from the Power supply
You can use this method when the above two methods are not working. It is the best method when your device is not responding to remote commands.
You need to unplug your Firestick from the power source and wait for a few minutes. Then, your Firestick device will restart automatically without any notification.
Related: How to install Sky Go on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cut the power cord of your Fire TV and reconnect the power cord.
Yes, restarting your Firestick device is a safe process.