Yahoo Sports is a sports information app that updates scores and results of every match in real-time. This app provides live updates of all major football leagues. It is completely free to access and requires a yahoo account for sign-in. You can install Yahoo Sports on Amazon Firestick to get to know about the matches instantly. In this post, we will look into how to install Yahoo Sports on Firestick/Fire TV.
Features of Yahoo Sports
- Yahoo sports cover Premier League, Champions League, MLS, La Liga, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Copa America, Europa League, Scottish Premier League, Ligue 1, Brazil Serie A, and many more.
- Apart from football it also follows NFL, MLB, NBA, MMA, Cricket, Boxing, Tennis, Cycling, auto racing, Olympics, horse racing, etc.
- It has storylines for complete news about players, teams, leagues, and championships. The writers include Jermaine Jenas and Steve McManaman.
- Notification alert about the upcoming matches and live scores of favorite teams.
- It has commentary for the all the live matches and has stats of all players and teams.
Install Yahoo Sports on Firestick/ Fire TV
Yahoo Sports is unavailable in the Amazon App Store but, you can still sideload the app from unknown sources. This can be done in two ways using
- ES File Explorer
(1) Connect Firestick device to the TV’s HDMI port and launch Firestick.
(2) Select Settings at the top in the home screen. Scroll right and select My Fire TV.
(3) Click Developer options and tap Apps from Unknown Sources.
(4) Select Turn on to download the apps from other sources.
Steps to Install Yahoo Sports on Firestick using Downloader
#1: Go to Fire TV home screen and select the Search icon.
#2: Enter Downloader and choose it from the suggestions below.
#3: Select Get to install the app on Firestick.
#4: After installation, click Open to launch Downloader app and select Allow in the prompt.
#5: In the Home screen, Enter the Yahoo Sports URL (https://bit.ly/2Lq4EsT) and click Go to download the files.
#6: Select Install to start the installation.
#7: Click Open to launch Yahoo Sports on Firestick.
Steps to Install Yahoo Sports on Firestick using ES File Explorer
#1 In the Firestick Home screen, click the Search icon.
#2 Type ES File Explorer and select it from the list.
#3 Click Get to download the app and select Open to launch the app on Firestick.
#4 Select Downloader in the app home screen and Click New+ at the bottom.
#5 Enter the Yahoo Sports URL https://bit.ly/2Lq4EsT in the Path and type Yahoo Sports in the Name.
#6 Click Download Now to download the files and select Open File.
#7 Now select Install to install the app and again click Install in next screen.
#8 After installation click Open to launch Yahoo Sports on Firestick.
You can also launch the app from Your Apps & Channels on Fire TV.
Therefore, You can install Yahoo Sports on Firestick in two ways. This app also has game highlights of every match. Installing Yahoo Sports will help in checking out the live scores on TV while watching movies and TV shows. Though yahoo sports is popular for football leagues, It also hosts all other most fan following sports. If you have any issues with the above steps, please do let us know in the comments.