A VPN routes your internet traffic through its secure VPN servers and the traffic is encrypted which makes your internet activities private and secure. When you use a VPN for Firestick, it lets you access a whole new library of amazing Amazon content. With a VPN you can bypass all geo-restricted content and you won’t get any buffering issues to stream on the device. You may find a lot of VPNs available for Firestick. Among them, Hotspot Shield VPN is one of the popular VPN. It is a great VPN and has an excellent network of servers to match. Hotspot Shield is good for HD streaming and it uses closed source proprietary encryption protocol. Further, it is intuitive and easy to use. You can get the VPN directly from the Amazon App Store. Check out this article to install and use Hotspot Shield VPN for Firestick.
Features of Hotspot Shield VPN
- It offers 3,200+ VPN servers in around 80+ countries and they are highly optimized for a seamless streaming experience.
- You get unlimited streaming.
- You can connect up to 5 devices on your account. A
- vailable for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices.
- It is one of the fastest VPN services available.
- Hotspot Shield doesn’t record your browsing history.
- It uses AES256-bit encryption which is the strongest protocol to secure your information.
- The VPN uses Robo Shield to block spam calls on your smartphone.
- It unblocks iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and more.
How to Install Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
1. Hover to the home screen of your Firestick device.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
2. Click on the Find menu and select the Search option.
3. With the help of the virtual keyboard, type Hotspot Shield VPN and click the search icon.
4. Choose the same app from the search results.
5. When directed to the app information screen, click Download or Get to install the app on the device.
6. Further, allow the installation of Hotspot Shield VPN to complete.
7. Once the installation ends, select Open to launch the app.
How to Use Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
1. For the first time, when you launch the app, you will be asked to activate it by signing in on another device. You can scan the QR code or enter the URL shown on the TV screen from your PC or smartphone.
2. On the second device, Sign in with your Hotspot Shield email address and password.
3. Now, Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick will be activated and you will be taken to the home screen of the app.
4. Proceed to click the on/off icon to connect or select Locations to connect a server in a specific location.
5. Once you have connected successfully, the app will run in the background.
6. Now, you can access whatever you want and no one can track you.
7. If you want to disconnect, go to the app and click the on/off button.
1. Search for the Downloader app using the virtual keyboard.
2. Click Get or Download to install Downloader on Firestick.
3. Once the app gets installed, go back to the home screen to click on Settings.
4. Scroll down and select the My Fire TV option.
5. Further, select Developer Options from the following screen.
6. Click on the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
7. Select the Downloader app and turn on the unknown source access.
8. Launch the Downloader app and click Allow if prompted.
9. Select the URL field under the Home tab of the downloader app.
10. Enter the Hotspot Shield VPN URL link to download and click the Go button.
11. Wait for the Downloader to connect to the server of the Shield VPN.
12. On the installation pop-up, click Install to install the app on the device.
13. Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
Hotspot Shield VPN is available in both free and premium versions. The free plan offers you 500 MB per day and gives download speed up to 2 MBPS. However, in the free plan, you can access only the US server. The premium plan costs $95.99 for one year and it offers unlimited data. In the premium version, you get a lot of features and also get customer support 24/7. Further, it also offers a 45-days money-back guarantee policy. You can use both free and premium versions of Firestick devices. I hope, this article includes all the information you needed about Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick. If you have any questions to ask about this article, do lets us know in the comments section.