Firestick is an excellent media streaming device to stream all movies, TV shows, and more on your big screen. You can get unlimited streaming over the internet through Firestick. It comes with Amazon App Store, which contains more than 3000 Firestick-supported apps. It is an effective medium to watch live TV from streaming apps. Firestick apps are available for both free and at a subscription cost. Even your Firestick device-connected TV comes with a couple of default apps. However, there are some ways available for you to install apps on your Firestick.
How to Install Apps on Firestick
To install apps on Firestick, you need to plug your Firestick with the HDMI port on the TV and then connect it to a WiFi network. Log in to your Amazon account at first with valid login credentials. There are three methods to install apps on Firestick.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- Install apps using Fire TV Remote’s voice search.
- Install apps from Amazon App Store.
- Install Apps using the category
- Install apps from a third-party source by the sideloading method.
- Install apps from Amazon Website.
Install Apps on Firestick using Fire TV Voice Remote
The following are the steps you can follow to download apps on Firestick with your Fire TV’s voice remote.
1. If you can find the Microphone button on your Firestick remote, it means that your Firestick remote has an Alexa Voice Search feature. If that’s the case, press and hold the Microphone button on your Fire TV remote.
2. Next, keep the Firestick remote close to you and say the voice command “Alexa, Open Netflix app.
3. Now, you will be taken to the app description page of the app you have voice searched for.
4. After that, if you can see the Download or Get button, press the Select button on your Fire TV remote.
5. Finally, the app you have searched for will automatically download and install on your Firestick.
Install Apps on Firestick by Category
You also have the option to install apps on your Firestick by category. Also, the following section will guide you regarding the same.
1. Select the Find tab from the Fire TV home screen.
2. Next, navigate to the tiles below the Find tab and select the Appstore.
3. Now, choose any category you like, and you will be presented with the apps based on your preference. Select any apps you like and select the Download or Get button to install the app on your Fire TV.
Tip: You can also select the All Category option, and you will get a collection of categories. You can select any category and install any apps you want.
Install Apps from Amazon App Store
If you want to install any of the Firestick-supported official apps, it can be done directly from the App store.
1. Turn on your Firestick TV and select the Find tab from the home screen.
2. Next, select the Search tile.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to enter the app you want to install. Next, search for the app.
4. Choose the app you have searched for from the Apps & Channels section.
5. Now, click the Get or Download button, and the app will begin to download.
6. When the download is finished, the Get button turns into Open. Click on it to launch the app.
7. Enter your login or credential credentials if required. After that, you access the app you have installed easily.
Install Apps from Third Party Source
If you want to install third-party apps on Fire Stick, you need to side-load it from its source. It is because these apps are not found on the Amazon app store. For this, you have to use any of the side-loading apps on Firestick. One such sideloader app is the Downloader on Firestick.
1. Go to Find > Search from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Next, search for the Downloader using the virtual keyboard.
3. Select the Downloader app from the search result.
4. Click the Download button from the downloader app information screen. The app will start installing.
5. Once the app is installed, the download option converts into Open; click on Open to launch the app.
Enable the Access to Install Apps from Unknown Sources
1. Go to the Firestick home screen and click on the Settings menu.
2. Select the My Fire TV option.
3. Select the Developer options.
4. Click on Install Unknown Apps to enable it.
5. Select the Downloader app and turn it on.
Install Third-Party Apps on Firestick using Downloader
12. Now, launch the Downloader app and select Settings from the left pane.
14. Click Yes from the prompt and press the Home option from the left pane.
15. Select the URL Box and enter the Android APK URL on it.
16. Click Go. The app file will start downloading.
17. When the app download is complete, click next and then click Install.
18. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch your app on your Firestick
Now you successfully installed the third-party app on your Firestick.
Don’t forget to install Mouse Toggle for Firestick. The reason behind this is that you can’t use your Fire TV remote to access the app you have sideloaded. So, with the Mouse Toggle enabled on your Firestick, you can use the mouse cursor to access the sideloaded apps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can even use the ES File Explorer on Firestick to sideload apps.
Install Apps from Amazon Website
Using Amazon Website is another method to Download and install Firestick apps. This method is not convenient when compared to other methods. You have to use your desktop or computer web browser to download apps from Amazon Website.
1. Open the web browser and visit www.amazon.com.
2. Now, you will be redirected to the Amazon website. From there, enter your Amazon account credentials to log in to your account.
3. Navigate to the search bar at the top of the screen.
4. Search for your app and select the app from the search result.
6. Now click on the drop-down box under the Deliver to option.
7. Select your Firestick device on which you want to download the app.
8. Click on Get App and wait for the app to download on your Firestick.
9. After that, the app will be installed on your Firestick once it gets connected to an internet connection.
That’s it. Your app from the Amazon website is successfully downloaded to your Firestick.
How to Add Apps to Home Screen
With the easy steps below, you can easily add an app installed on your Firestick to the home screen.
1. From your Fire TV home screen, select the Apps tab.
2. Next, navigate through the Your Apps & Channels category and select an app you want to add to the home screen.
3. After that, press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote.
4. Select the Move option displayed on the right side of your screen.
5. Now, use the directional keys on your Fire TV remote to move the app to the top of the order.
6. Finally, you can access the app you have added to the home screen easily.
BONUS: How to Install Apps on Older Firestick Models
The following steps will help you install apps on your older Fire TV models:
1. Go to the home screen of your Firestick device-connected TV.
2. Click on the Search icon from the upper right corner.
3. Use the virtual keyboard and enter the name of the app you want to install.
4. Click on the app name from the suggestion list shown below.
5. From the Apps & Games category, choose the app you have searched for.
6. After that, select the Get or Download button and install the app on your older Firestick models.
If your app is available in the store, you can use the first method to install the app directly on Firestick. The Firestick device comes with low storage space. Once the app is installed on your Firestick, you are advised to delete the apk file from the Firestick storage; it is done to avoid hanging or freezing due to insufficient storage. When you install and access any of the third-party apps, you should have to use any of the Firestick VPN services to protect your streaming data.
Yes, you can install apps on your Firestick device-connected TV from the Amazon App Store.
Yes, you can use the Downloader or ES file Explorer to install third-party apps on Firestick.
You can install the third-party apps using the Amazon App Store, or you can use the sideloading apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer to do that.