Foxtel is an Australian pay television company. From this network, you can stream more than 70+ channels. This network is perfect to keep the family entertained anywhere, anytime. The channels are available in different categories like sports, movies, documentaries, kids, drama, etc. Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscribers can stream the content from the official streaming app Foxtel GO. Using your Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscription, you can stream from the app. Further, on this app, you can watch live sports, blockbuster movies, new shows, and many more. The streaming quality of the content is based on your streaming device and internet connection. However, Foxtel is not available on Amazon Firestick. So, let’s explore the alternative ways to watch Foxtel on Firestick.
Features of Foxtel GO
- You can stream both live and on-demand titles from this app.
- It gives you personalized recommendations based on your previous streaming.
- The app lets you continue streaming from where you left off.
- On this app, you can log in on 5 devices and watch 2 at the same time.
- The app features parental controls on Firestick.
- It offers you closed captioning support for better understanding.
- By turning on the notifications, you can get an instant alert when there is new content to watch.
Foxtel Subscription Plans and Pricing
There are various plans offered by the Foxtel platform for you to enjoy streaming your favorite channels. And the same is discussed below.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
|Plans||1 Month Plan||12 Month Plan|
|Platinum Plus||$140 per month||$99 per month|
|Premium||$99 per month||$79 per month|
|Sports HD||$74 per month||$59 per month|
|Movies HD||$69 per month||$58 per month|
|Foxtel + Favorites||$49 per month||$59 per month|
So, above are all of the available plans offered by the Foxtel platform. Also, you can subscribe to any of the mentioned plans on the official website of Foxtel.
Do I Need to Connect to a VPN to Watch Foxtel on VPN
Connecting to a VPN is not necessary if you reside in Australia because the Foxtel platform is only available in Australia. And if you try to access the Foxtel platform outside Australia, you can’t because of the geo-restrictions. However, you can unblock the geo-restrictions and watch the Foxtel platform anywhere in the world by connecting to the Australia VPN server location. And my best pick VPN of the day is ExpressVPN on Firestick.
Can you Get Foxtel Go on Amazon Fire Stick?
Foxtel Go is unavailable in the Amazon App Store. And that doesn’t mean that you can’t get the app on your Fire TV. There are other possible methods. Sideloading procedure is the exact method that I am thinking of right now. Also, you can follow the methods below to sideload the Foxtel Go app right on your Firestick.
How to Watch Foxtel on Amazon Firestick
As the Foxtel GO app is not available on Amazon App Store, we have to sideload the app on Amazon App Store. We can sideload the app on Firestick in two ways.
- Using Downloader
- Using ES File Explorer
Since we are going to install the unofficial app, we have to enable the unknown source access in Firestick. To do so, follow the steps given below.
1. From the Firestick home screen, click on Settings.
2. Select the My Fire TV option under settings.
3. Click on Developer Options.
4. Next, click on Apps from Unknown Sources on the next screen.
5. Select the Turn On button to install apps on your Fire TV from unofficial sources.
Steps to Sideload Foxtel on Firestick using Downloader
The following are the steps you should follow to sideload the Foxtel Go app using the Downloader.
1. On the Firestick home screen, click on the Find menu and select the Search option.
2. Search for the Downloader app and pick the app from the search results.
3. Click Get or Download to install the app.
4. Once installed, enable the unknown source access using the steps given above.
5. When done, launch the Downloader app from the Apps section on the home screen.
6. Click the Home tab on the left pane and highlight the URL field.
7. Enter the URL link https://bit.ly/3uXMWzV to download the Foxtel GO app on Firestick and click the Go button.
8. When a file is downloaded, click Open to launch the app.
9. Further, Sign in with your Foxtel ID and start streaming the content on your Firestick.
Steps to Sideload Foxtel on Firestick using ES File Explorer
With the steps below, you can install the Foxtel Go app using the ES File Explorer app.
1. Install the ES File Explorer app and enable the settings as done for the Downloader app.
2. Launch the ES File Explorer app and select the Tools option from the left sidebar.
3. Under that, click on the Download Manager option.
4. Further, select the +New option from the bottom of the screen.
5. You will get a prompt. In that, enter the URL to download Foxtel GO app https://bit.ly/3uXMWzV in the Path field and type the name of the file in the Name field.
6. Once entered, click Download Now button.
7. After the download, click on Open File; the ES File Explorer will start the app installation.
8. After that, click on Install to get the app on your Firestick.
9. Click Open to launch the app on the device.
10. Finally, Sign in with your details and stream the content on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get Foxtel on Firestick.
You can use the Downloader or ES File Explorer to get Foxtel Go on Firestick.