If you are planning to ditch the cable TV subscription, then Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV is the cheapest alternative. With lots of online streaming apps support like Crackle, it has gained a massive reach. Crackle is a US-based top streaming service with which you can watch unlimited movies and TV Shows with limited ads. Anyone can stream favorite content, including blockbuster movies, exclusive shows, etc. You can even stream Crackle Original TV line-ups without any fees. Get into the article to know more about Crackle for Firestick, its features, and the installation procedure.
Related: How to Install Pluto TV on Firestick
Is Crackle a Free Platform?
Yes, the Crackle platform is free to access. And you don’t need to create an account on their platform to access the content on the Crackle platform. But the only problem is that you will get interrupted by a lot of ads that will be displayed in between your streaming. However, you have fewer ads when you create a free account on the Crackle platform. And to subscribe to the Crackle platform, you can visit https://www.crackle.com/.
History of Crackle
Initially, the Crackle platform was bought by Sony pictures in 2006. So until the year, the Crackle is called Sonly Crackle. And in the year late 2019, Sony sold its stake to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment. So then, Sony Crackle was renamed Crackle. Also, even now, the Crackle platform is best to watch movies and TV shows for free. And you can access the Crackle platform in 21 countries, including the US, Australia, and Canada.
Features of Crackle on Firestick
The highlights of the Crackle app are,
- Crackle is a subscription-free streaming app that comes with no hidden fees.
- Watch premium TV shows, new iconic hits, binge-worthy Crackle Originals, etc.
- Get handpicked recommendations from the Crackle team on the Spotlight Channel.
- Create a free account and log in with the same credentials on any device to pick up from where you left.
How to Install Crackle for Firestick
Amazon App Store officially supports the Crackle app. So, the installation of Crackle on Firestick is straightforward with the steps below.
1. Firstly, click on Find > Search on the home screen of the Amazon Fire Stick.
2. Type the app’s name as Crackle using the on-screen keyboard. You can now see a list of suggestions below while typing on the on-screen keyboard.
3. Click on Crackle from the suggestion.
3. Now, choose the Crackle app from the search result.
4. Further, tap on the Download/Get button to download Crackle on Fire TV.
5. Once after the download, hover to click Open to launch it on the Firestick.
How to Add Crackle to the Home Screen
By following the steps below, you can access the Crackle app right from the home screen.
1. Go to the Home screen on your Fire TV and select the Apps tab.
2. Now, choose the Crackle app from the Your Apps & Channels section.
3. Next, press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote.
4. Select the Move option from the list of options displayed on the right side of your screen.
5. Now, use the directional buttons on your Fire TV remote to move the Crackle app to the top of the list.
6. Finally, you have successfully added the Crackle app to the home screen.
How to Install Crackle on Kodi Using Crackle Kodi Addon
If you have Kodi on Firestick, then Crackle can be installed as an add-on. Find out how to get Crackle on Firestick using Kodi from below.
1. Firstly, go to My Apps & Channels on your Fire TV.
2. Select Kodi to open and launch it.
3. Now, click on the Add-ons menu from the left panel.
4. Hover to the top and hit the Package Installer icon.
5. After that, tap on the Install from Repository.
6. Further, click the Kodi Add-on Repository option.
7. Select Video Add-ons and then locate the Crackle Kodi add-on.
8. Click on the Install button. Wait for Crackle to complete its download.
9. Go back to the home screen of Kodi to click on the Add-ons section.
10. Finally, click to launch the Crackle app on Firestick.
Related: 65 Best Firestick Apps You Must Have [Updated]
Do I Need to Connect to a VPN
You already know that the Crackle platform is available only in 21 countries. So, if you are trying to access the Crackle app outside the supported countries, it cannot be accessible. But still, you have an option to access the Crackle platform anywhere in the world. To do that, you can connect to the best VPN for Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Crackle app is available for Firestick.
Yes, the Crackle platform is free to install and access.
You can download Crackle on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.