It is necessary to keep the apps stable on Firestick for effective functioning. Like the device firmware, you can update the apps on your Firestick. You can upgrade the apps on Firestick individually or as a whole, anytime.
Updating the apps has a lot of benefits. As a Firestick user, you need to regularly check the possible updates and install them immediately, to avoid unnecessary issues. You can update both pre-installed and installed apps on the device without limitations.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps of updating the applications manually and automatically on your Firestick device of any model.
Why You Should Update Apps on Firestick / Fire TV
There are several reasons why you should update apps on Fire TV Stick. Let us see a few in the row.
1. Security Reasons – The application companies are very much responsible for keeping your data, bank details, and personal information safe from hackers and cybercriminals. By updating an app, you will upgrade to the latest security feature.
2. Fix Bugs – Bugs are one of the main factors that cause performance lack in an application. Periodically, applications fix the bug-related issues.
3. Adding New Features – Additional features are added in new updates based on the user’s needs. Thus, you will not get bored using the application in the long run.
4. Removing Unwanted Features – Some feathers that got negative feedback from the users will also be removed to satisfy the users.
5. Fix Not Working Issues – If you encounter any app not working issue on your Firestick, then make sure that you have updated the latest version of the app.
How to Update Apps on Firestick 4K
Manual updation of Firestick will streamline the apps as well as the device firmware.
Quick Start Guide: Open the Fire TV home → Select Settings → Tap My Fire TV → Click About → Select Check for Updates → Hit Install Update.
1. Launch the Firestick and head to the Home screen.
2. Select the Settings option.
3. Scroll between the options and select My Fire TV.
4. Next, select the About option.
5. Select Check for Updates. Proceed with the updation process if there are any.
6. Once you see the Install Update option, select it.
7. Once you are done with the update, the Firestick will automatically restart.
Note: If your Firestick doesn’t restart automatically, you should perform a manual reboot by pressing and holding the OK and Play / Pause buttons together until the Firestick restarts.
How to Update Firestick Apps Automatically
With the automatic updates turned on, the apps on your Firestick will be updated automatically.
1. Select the Settings icon from the upper right corner of the home page.
2. Next, select Applications.
3. From the Applications section, select Appstore.
4. Ensure that the Automatic updates are turned on.
Now, you don’t have to do anything. If an update is found for a specific app, it will be automatically updated on your Firestick.
Tip! If you notice a Black screen on Firestick, you can resolve it quickly by following the troubleshooting steps.
How to Manually Update Firestick Apps
You can even update the specific app on the Firestick when necessary.
1. Select the Apps tab from the home screen.
2. All the applications installed on your Firestick will be listed below.
3. Select the application you want to update and press the Menu button on your Firestick.
4. Select the More Info option. If there is an update available, the Update button will be displayed. Once you see the Update button, select it.
5. The app will be updated on your Firestick.
6. If there is no update to the app you have selected, the Open button will be displayed.
How to Update Sideloaded Apps on Firestick
It is impossible to upgrade the sideloaded apps on Firestick straightaway. Hence, you would require third-party applications to update those apps. You can update the sideloaded apps using ADB Link and Installers.
Using ADB Link
1. Select the Cog icon from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Choose My Fire TV from the options.
3. From the My Fire TV section, select Developer options.
4. Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Go back and select Network under the About section.
6. Note down the IP address displayed on the screen.
7. On your PC, visit https://bit.ly/3toJ7nF to adbLink’s .exe file.
8. After downloading the .exe file, install it.
9. Launch the adbLink software after installation and select the New button from the homepage.
10. In the description field, enter as Firestick.
11. Next, in the Address field, enter your IP address. Click on the Save button.
12. Choose the device as Firestick and click the Connect button.
13. Download the latest version of the APK file you want to update on your PC.
14. Select Install APK and choose the APK File from your PC’s storage.
15. Click the Yes button to force update an app.
16. Finally, you have updated the sideloaded applications on your Firestick.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to upgrade apps on Installers like the Downloader or ES File Explorer. When the sideloaded app isn’t working fine or if you like to have the new version of it, you need to delete the app on Firestick. After that, you can use the latest version of the APK file and install it via Downloader or ES File Explorer. In this way, you can use the newest and most recent app version on Firestick.
Why Can’t I Update Apps on Firestick
There are various reasons when the apps are not updating on Firestick. You can fix the unknown issues by following the common troubleshooting steps below.
1. Check whether the Firestick device is connected to the internet.
2. Ensure you use stable and high-speed internet.
3. When your Firestick runs on low storage space, you can’t update apps. Clear the storage space and try again.
4. Restart Firestick and try updating the apps.
5. If you still can’t update the apps, reset Firestick to the factory settings.
If you use the jailbroken Firestick device, you can streamline the apps through ADBLink or other external software.