The Sky Go app is the choice of many for the latest movies and TV shows. With a huge database, you can search for your favorite latest movie, TV shows, sports, etc., on any of your Amazon Fire devices like Firestick, Fire TV 4K, Fire TV Cube, and more. The Sky network is a vast network in Europe serving satellite TV and broadband services. With the Sky Go on Firestick, you can watch your favorite videos anytime, pause and resume watching them on any of your other devices. In this guide, let us see how to install Sky Go on Firestick using simple steps.
How to Install Sky Go on FireStick
As mentioned above, Sky Go is not officially available on the Amazon app store, so you need to sideload it on your Firestick. And to do so, you need a sideloading app like,
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- ES File Explorer
Install Sky Go on FireStick using Downloader
Downloader is a side loader app to install third-party apps on Firestick. The app is easy to use, and let us see how to download and install the Sky Go app on Amazon Fire Stick using the Downloader app. But initially, make sure that you have installed the Downloader app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
1. After installing the Downloader app, go to the Settings on your Firestick.
2. Select My Fire TV from the Settings.
3. Then, choose Developer options.
4. Now, select the Install unknown apps option.
5. Next, choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
6. After that, launch the Downloader. On the Home tab of the app, type the URL https://bit.ly/3sjdSd8 and click Go.
7. Wait for the app to download.
8. After the Sky Go app is downloaded, click Next.
9. Now, select the Install button to begin the installation process of the Sky Go.
10. Once the Sky Go app is installed, click the Open button.
11. Sign in with your cable TV provider account.
12. After that, you can stream your favorite content.
Install Sky Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
The ES File Explorer is a file manager app available on many platforms. In Firestick, the app is handy, especially in the case of installing third-party apps. Now, let us install Sky Go on Amazon Fire Stick using ES File Explorer.
NOTE: After you install the ES File Explorer app, make sure that you have enabled the ES File Explorer app to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources. To do that, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown apps > ES File Explorer. Then, choose the ES File Explorer app and turn it on.
1. From the Apps menu or the Firestick home, open the ES File Explorer app.
2. From the list of apps available on the app’s homepage, click the Downloader icon (a blue icon with an arrow pointing downwards).
3. From the bottom, click on the ‘+‘ symbol.
4. In the popup, enter the name and the URL https://bit.ly/3sjdSd8 of the Sky Go app. Click Download Now.
5. Once the app is downloaded, click Open File.
6. Click Install to install Sky Go on Fire TV stick.
7. On the installation page on the Firestick, click Next.
8. Once again, click Install.
9. After the successful installation, you will get a success notification on the bottom right.
10. Now, select the Open button and sign in with your cable TV subscription account.
11. After that, you can access all the content offered by the Sky Go platform on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to Firestick
By using the Firestick Mirroring feature, you can screen mirror the Sky Go app from Android Smartphone to Firestick.
Important Note: Make sure that the Android Smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Firestick device-connected TV.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
2. Then, select the Mirroring tab.
3. Then, install the Sky Go app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
4. Then, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
5. Choose your Firestick device.
6. Then, launch the Sky Go app and sign in to your account.
7. Now, you can select any sports content to watch Sky Go on your Firestick.
Alternative Method – How to Access Sky Go on Firestick with Kodi
First of all, install the Kodi on Firestick. After that, you can follow the steps below to install the Sky Go addon on Kodi with Firestick.
Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
Sky Go addon is a third-party add-on for your Kodi. So, you need to enable the third-party addons to install the Go Kodi addon.
1. Select the Settings icon from the Kodi home screen.
2. Next, scroll down and select the System tab.
3. Select Add-ons from the left pane.
4. Finally, choose the Unknown Sources tab and toggle it on.
Install Sky Go Add-on on Kodi with Firestick
The following are the steps you can use to install the Sky Go Kodi addon.
1. Click on the Settings icon from the upper left corner of the Kodi home screen.
2. Now, choose the File Manager tab.
3. After that, scroll down to Add Source option and select it.
4. Click on the <None> tab.
5. In the Path field, enter the URL https://k.slyguy.xyz. After that, click the OK button.
6. On the Enter a name for this media source section, enter as Sky. Then, click the OK button.
7. Next, click the OK button from the popup window.
8. Press the Back button on your Fire TV remote and go to Settings. Then, select the Add-ons tab.
9. Choose the Install from Zip file option.
10. Click on the Media source name you have created earlier. Here, click on Sky.
11. Now, click on the Zip file named repository.slyguy.zip and choose the OK button.
12. You can now see in the notification that the SlyGuy Repository has been installed.
13. After that, select the Install from repository option.
14. Scroll down and select the SlyGuy Repository.
15. Select the Video add-ons option.
16. Navigate to the Sky Go option.
17. Now, click on the Install button from the lower right corner.
18. Finally, the Sky Go addon will be installed on the Kodi app.
19. Come back to the home screen of the Kodi app and select Add-ons from the left pane.
20. Now, select the Video add-ons option. Navigate to the Sky Go addon and select it to launch the addon.
21. Select the Login button from the home screen and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
22. Finally, you can access your favorites from the Kodi addon on Firestick device connected TV.
How to Connect to a VPN to Stream on Sky Go from Anywhere in the World
The Sky Go app can only be accessed from the UK. So, you need to connect to a VPN if you are outside the UK. Also, you can follow the steps below to install ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Select the Find tab from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Now, the Search Bar and the on-screen keyboard will appear on the screen.
4. In the Search Bar, enter ExpressVPN and choose the same app from the search result.
5. Click on the Get or Download button.
6. Now, you have installed ExpressVPN.
7. Next, click on the Open button to launch the ExpressVPN.
8. Sign in with your ExpressVPN subscription account.
9. Choose the VPN server location as the UK.
10. Click on the Connect button.
11. Now, you have connected to ExpressVPN.
12. Launch the Sky Go app on your Firestick.
13. Sign in with your account and choose any sports event.
Now, you can access the Sky Go app from anywhere in the world.
How to Fix if the Sky Go is not working on Firestick
You can follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the Sy Go app not working on your Firestick issue.
1. Firstly, you can try clearing the Cache on your Firestick because it can cause the Sky Go content to not load correctly.
2. Restarting your Firestick will fix most of the issues on your Fire TV. So, restart and fix the Sky Go app issue on Firestick.
3. Also, update your Firestick to the Latest Version, and it will fix the bugs on your Firestick device.
4. If the Sky Go app still doesn’t budge to all the above possible fixes, reset your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install Sky Go on Firestick.
Connect to a VPN to watch Sky Go outside the UK.
With a TV provider account, you can access Sky Go for free.