Sky Go is a streaming service for Sky TV subscribers to watch on-demand titles and live TV channels. It has a large catalog of 1000+ movies, 100+ TV shows, and 70+ live TV channels. Based on your Sky TV subscription, you can watch channels like Sky Cinema, Sky Atlantic, Film 4, Sky One, Sky Sports, and so on. Unfortunately, the Sky Go app is not available for Firestick. However, you can sideload the Sky Go apk using third-party apps.
How to Install Sky Go on FireStick
The following are the third-party apps to sideload Sky Go on Firestick.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- ES File Explorer
Install Sky Go on FireStick using Downloader
Downloader is a sideloading app that is readily available on the Amazon App Store. Follow these steps once you have installed the app.
1. After the installation, go to Settings on your Firestick.
2. Select My Fire TV under Settings.
3. Then, choose Developer options.
4. Now, select the Install unknown apps option.
FYI: Else, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON.
5. Next, choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
6. Launch the Downloader app. On the Home tab of the app, type the URL https://bit.ly/3sjdSd8 and click Go.
7. Wait for the app to download.
8. If the Sky Go app is downloaded, open the installation file and click Next.
9. Now, select the Install button to begin the installation process of Sky Go.
10. Once the Sky Go app is installed, click the Open button.
11. Sign in with your cable TV provider account.
12. After that, you can stream your favorite content.
Install Sky Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
The ES File Explorer is a file manager app available on many platforms. In Firestick, the app is handy, especially in the case of installing third-party apps. Now, let us install Sky Go on Amazon Fire Stick using ES File Explorer.
NOTE: After you install the ES File Explorer app, make sure that you have enabled the ES File Explorer app to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources. To do that, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown apps > ES File Explorer. Then, choose the ES File Explorer app and turn it on.
1. From the Apps menu or the Firestick home, open the ES File Explorer app.
2. From the list of apps available on the app’s homepage, click the Downloader icon (a blue icon with an arrow pointing downwards).
3. From the bottom, click on the ‘+‘ symbol.
4. In the popup, enter the name and the URL https://bit.ly/3sjdSd8 of the Sky Go app. Click Download Now.
5. Once the app is downloaded, click Open File.
6. Click Install to install Sky Go on your Fire TV.
7. On the installation page on the Firestick, click Next.
8. Once again, click Install.
9. After the installation, you will get a success notification on the bottom right.
10. Now, select the Open button and sign in with your cable TV subscription account.
11. After that, you can access all the content offered by the Sky Go platform on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to Firestick
By using the Firestick Mirroring feature, you can screen mirror the Sky Go app from an Android device to Firestick.
Note: Make sure that the Android smartphone is connected to the same WIFI network as the Firestick-connected TV.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
2. Then, select the Mirroring tab.
3. Then, install the Sky Go app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
4. Then, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
5. Choose your Firestick device.
6. Then, launch the Sky Go app and sign in to your account.
Now, you can select any Sky sports channel to watch on your Firestick.
Alternative Method – How to Access Sky Go on Firestick with Kodi
First, install Kodi on Firestick. Then, follow these steps to install the Sky Go addon on Kodi.
Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
1. Select the Settings icon from the Kodi home screen.
2. Next, scroll down and select the System tab.
3. Select Add-ons from the left pane.
4. Finally, choose the Unknown Sources tab and toggle it on.
Install Sky Go Add-on on Kodi
1. Click on the Settings icon from the upper left corner of the Kodi home screen.
2. Now, choose the File Manager tab.
3. After that, scroll down to Add Source option and select it.
4. Click on the <None> tab.
5. In the Path field, enter the URL https://k.slyguy.xyz. After that, click the OK button.
6. On the Enter a name for this media source section, enter Sky. Then, click the OK button.
7. Next, click the OK button from the popup window.
8. Press the Back button on your Fire TV remote and go to Settings. Then, select the Add-ons tab.
9. Choose the Install from Zip file option.
10. Click on the Media source name you have created earlier. Here, click on Sky.
11. Now, click on the Zip file named repository.slyguy.zip and choose the OK button.
12. You can now see in the notification that the SlyGuy Repository has been installed.
13. After that, select the Install from repository option.
14. Scroll down and select the SlyGuy Repository.
15. Select the Video add-ons option.
16. Navigate to the Sky Go option.
17. Now, click on the Install button from the lower right corner.
18. Finally, the Sky Go addon will be installed on the Kodi app.
19. Come back to the home screen of the Kodi app and select Add-ons from the left pane.
20. Now, select the Video add-ons option. Navigate to the Sky Go addon and select it to launch the addon.
21. Select the Login button from the home screen and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
22. Finally, you can access your favorites from the Kodi addon on Firestick-connected TV.
How to Stream Sky Go from Anywhere in the World
Sky Go is available for streaming in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. So, you need to connect to a VPN if you are outside the UK. Here’s how to install ExpressVPN on Firestick to stream Sky Go.
1. Select the Find tab from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Now, the Search Bar and the on-screen keyboard will appear on the screen.
4. In the Search Bar, enter ExpressVPN and choose the same app from the search result.
5. Click on the Get or Download button.
6. Now, you have installed ExpressVPN.
7. Next, click on the Open button to launch ExpressVPN.
8. Sign in with your ExpressVPN subscription account.
9. Choose any UK server from the choices.
10. Click on the Connect button.
11. Now, you have connected to ExpressVPN.
12. Launch the Sky Go app on your Firestick.
13. Sign in with your account and choose any sports event.
Now, you can access the Sky Go app from anywhere in the world.
How to Fix if Sky Go is not working on Firestick
You can follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the Sy Go app not working on your Firestick issue.
1. Firstly, you can try clearing the Cache on your Firestick because it can cause the Sky Go content to not load correctly.
2. Restarting your Firestick will fix most of the issues on your Fire TV. So, restart and fix the Sky Go app issue on Firestick.
3. Also, update your Firestick to the Latest Version, and it will fix the bugs on your Firestick device.
4. If the Sky Go app still doesn’t budge to all the above possible fixes, reset your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install Sky Go on Firestick.
Connect to a VPN to watch Sky Go outside the UK.
With a TV provider account, you can access Sky Go for free.
Yes, it is legal to watch Sky Go. However, it is recommended to use a VPN for added security.