To complete setting up Firestick, you need to pair the remote to access and control functions on it. Unlike other streaming device remotes, programming the Fire TV remote is unique. The process of pairing the new or existing remote with Firestick is almost similar.
The Firestick remote is handy to use and comes with a minimalistic design. The latest generation of Firestick remotes comes with Alexa and you can tap the Alexa button to give voice commands. You can use the Firestick remote either by inserting batteries or connecting with Bluetooth.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
In this article, we will explain the pairing process of the remote with Amazon Firestick with detailed instructions. We have added alternative ways to pair the remote with Fire TV.
How to Pair Amazon Firestick Remote
The following is the step-by-step procedure to pair your Fire TV remote.
1. Plug in your Firestick to the HDMI port on your TV.
2. Turn on your TV and select the HDMI as the source.
3. The Amazon Home Screen will display on the screen. Take the Firestick remote and insert the batteries.
4. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for 15 seconds. The Firestick will automatically pair with your Firestick remote.
5. Once it is paired, the alert message will appear on the screen that denotes New Remote Connected.
How to Pair Additional Firestick Remote via Settings
You can add up to 7 remote controls to your Firestick. If you reach the limit, you need to unpair the Firestick remote, which was previously paired.
1. Connect the Firestick to the TV and turn it on.
2. Select the Settings icon.
3. Select the Controller and Bluetooth device option.
4. Select the Amazon Fire TV Remotes option.
5. Next, select the Add Remote option.
6. Press and hold the Home button on your new remote for 10 seconds. The name of the new remote will be displayed on the TV screen.
7. With your existing remote, select the name of your New remote.
8. The Firestick shows on-screen message stats that are successfully paired.
How to Use Smartphone as Firestick Remote
When the Fire TV remote stops working due to certain issues, you can install the Amazon Fire TV remote app on your smartphone to pair and control the functions.
This is one of the best methods to use Firestick without using the remote.
2. Search for the Amazon Fire TV remote app.
3. Select the app from the search results and click the Install / Get button.
4. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app on your Smartphone.
5. Connect your smartphone and Fire TV to the same WiFi network.
6. Enter your credentials (Signed on Firestick) and tap on the Sign In button.
7. Enter the four-digit PIN from your TV. It will start pairing.
8. Once the pairing is completed, the remote buttons are displayed on your mobile screen.
Now, you can use your phone as your Firestick remote control.
How to Pair Universal Remote With Firestick
You can even pair the universal remote with the Fire TV via Bluetooth. Before you pair, remember that universal remotes must have Bluetooth functionality.
1. Select the Settings icon on your Fire TV interface from the home screen.
2. Choose the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices option.
3. Hit the Other Bluetooth Controllers option.
4. Choose the Add Bluetooth Devices option.
5. Your Bluetooth-supported Universal remote will appear once you turn on Bluetooth on Firestick.
6. Finally, you have paired your Non-Fire TV remote to your Fire TV.
Can You Pair Firestick Remote to Different Firestick Model
The pairing of the Fire Stick remote to the different Firestick or Fire TV models depends on the compatibility. Certain Firestick remotes will not be compatible with older Firestick generations. Under these scenarios, we suggest you refer to the Amazon website, which offers listings of compatible models for the Firestick device. Moreover, you can contact Amazon Support [https://www.amazon.com/contact-us] to learn about the supported devices for the Firestick remote.
How to Fix Firestick Remote Not Pairing Issues
If your Firestick remote isn’t pairing with the Fire TV, refer to the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
1. First, check whether the remote is compatible with the Firestick / Fire TV.
2. Ensure the remote is in close range with the Firestick.
3. Replace the batteries and try pairing again.
4. Remove interference between the device and the remote, if any.
5. Double-check that you have connected the remote to the Firestick via Bluetooth.
6. If you use the Fire TV remote app, check the app compatibility. Also, examine whether the devices are connected to the same WiFi.
7. Reset your Firestick remote and pair it again.
8. If you think the issue is with the device, reset the Fire Stick to the factory settings.
Yes, if you connect the Firestick to the Samsung Smart TV you can control the device with the Firestick remote.
If your Firestick remote is unresponsive, try resetting it. Restart your Fire TV and begin the setup process.