It is difficult to choose an appropriate news app on Firestick, as there are numerous apps available in the Amazon App Store. Fox News is one of the few to mention from the list as it offers precise news all the time in various categories. Fortunately, Fox News is officially listed on the Amazon App Store and you can install it on your Firestick.
By Installing Fox News on your Fire TV Stick, you can keep yourself updated on reading about the trending news in and around the US. In addition, you can watch the live headlines right away without missing out.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Follow the step-by-step instructions in this article, and start installing and activating the Fox News app on your Firestick without complexity. We have covered solutions for general issues while streaming Fox News.
Features of Fox News
- Watch the news 24/7 as it covers both local and international events.
- Enable news alerts on daily breaking news to stay up-to-date.
- Listen to your radio and podcasts of your favorite personalities.
- Watch Business news on finance, lifestyle, real estate, markets, etc.
- Stream exclusive Fox News TV shows, trending stories, and documentaries.
How to Install Fox News on Firestick
Fox News doesn’t have subscription plans. You need to have a cable TV Provider subscription to access the Fox Sports app on your Fire TV.
1. Connect your Firestick to WIFI once you turn it on.
2. From the home screen, click on the Find menu and select the Search title.
3. Enter Fox News in the search bar and search for the app.
4. Choose Fox News from the search results.
5. Further, click Get or Download to install the app on Firestick.
6. Wait for the installation process to complete.
7. Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Sideload Fox News on Firestick using Downloader
As of now, Fox News is only available in the US. If you want to access Fox News outside the US, you have to sideload the APK on Firestick. Also, you need to use a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction.
1. Install the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. On your Firestick home screen, click the Settings icon.
3. Click on Developer Options on the next screen.
4. Further, click Install Unknown Apps.
5. Then, turn on the toggle for the Downloader app.
6. Next, open the Downloader app from the Firestick home screen.
7. Click the URL field, type the Fox News APK download link, and click the Go button.
8. Once the APK is downloaded, open the file and click Install.
9. Upon successful installation, click Open to launch the app.
Tip! You can even install Haystack TV on Firestick to stream 300+ news channels for free including FOX News.
How to Activate Fox News on Firestick
1. Launch the Fox News app and click on Sign In to get the activation code.
2. Visit the Fox News activation website – [foxnews.com/connect] on a PC or mobile browser.
3. Select your TV provider and sign in to your account.
4. Next, type the Activation Code displayed on your TV screen. Then, click on the Connect button.
You have successfully activated Fox News on your device. Start streaming the latest live news.
How to Watch Fox News Live on Firestick Without Cable
Besides cable, you can watch Fox News live by installing any of these live streaming services on Firestick.
fuboTV on Firestick lets you watch 150+ channels including Fox News if you have subscribed to the Pro plan. It costs $74.99/month after the end of a 7-day free trial. With one account, you can enjoy 10 simultaneous streams. In addition, you can record your favorite shows using 1000 hours of Cloud DVR.
Fox News is available on Sling Blue ($40/month) and Sling Orange & Blue ($55/month). It provides 50 hours of DVR storage so that you can record live programs using Sling TV on Firestick. Moreover, you can watch Fox News on 3 devices at a time using Sling Blue and Sling Orange & Blue packages.
Fox News channel is included with a base plan so you can install YouTube TV on Firestick to watch live news. The subscription costs $72.99/month which provides access to 100+ live channels. It supports 3 simultaneous streams but offers unlimited DVR space to record live shows and watch them anytime.
Apart from the above lists, you can also watch Fox News on DirecTV Stream, Vidgo, and Hulu + Live TV streaming services with an active subscription.
How to Fix Fox News Not Working on Firestick
The following are useful workarounds that you should try if Fox News is not working on a Fire TV Stick.
- Visit the Downdetector website to check if there is an outage in the Fox News server.
- Clear the cache on Firestick which will help to remove the corrupted cache from your Firestick.
- Make sure that you have a minimum internet speed of 1 Mbps to stream Fox News without buffering.
- Update the Fox News app to the latest version. It would help if Fox News is not streaming any videos.
- Restart Firestick which helps fix the minor bugs present if any.
- Update Firestick to the latest firmware if Fox News keeps freezing or crashing while using the app.
You can sign up for a free trial on fuboTV or YouTube TV to watch Fox News on Firestick for free.
Yes, you can sideload the Fox News app using ES File Explorer.