On your Amazon Firestick, you can browse the internet too. Apart from the Silk browser, Google Chrome is the best browser for your Firestick. It is the most secure and fast browser. With Google Chrome on your Amazon Firestick, you can get the browsing experience that other browsers don’t give. It is considered the most convenient browser among users as it has a simple user interface. According to the fact, Chrome is the most downloaded browser on the internet. Google Chrome browser can be installed on Firestick without any trouble and in this article, let us see how to install Chrome on Fire TV stick. Fire TV 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
Google Chrome is one of the oldest browsers on the internet. Chrome is more of a search engine than a browser so that you can get customized results for your search query. If you use any other browser, you will go with the search engine Google. However, if you use Chrome, your default search engine is Google. With this, you will get search results on a vast range tailored for you. Follow the below steps to install the Google Chrome browser to your Firestick.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Does the Firestick Support Chrome Browser?
Yes, all of your Firestick devices support the Google Chrome browser. So, if you don’t like to use the Amazon Silk – Web Browser, you can install the Chrome browser. But I can confirm that the Chrome browser is unavailable in the Amazon App Store. But you can install the Chrome browser on your Fire TV by following the guide from this article.
Why do I Need to Choose the Chrome Browser?
Chrome Browser is the best-liked browser by users around the globe. Also, you can see that all the users around the globe trust the Chrome browser. And for the reason that Google Inc designs the Chrome browser, you will have all the security features. I especially like this Chrome browser because it has a beautiful interface, and the browsing speed is unbelievable. So, these are why you choose the Chrome browser for your Fire TV.
Features of Google Chrome
The chrome browser by Google is the best of its kind. Like every other Google app, the features of Chrome are up to the mark.
- Google Chrome is a fast browser. With Chrome on your Amazon Fire TV, you can browse swiftly without any fuss.
- By using Chrome, you can get the most personalized results for your search query.
- You can also browse privately in Incognito Mode without worrying about your search history.
- Chrome is not only for browsing. You can view your offline images and play offline songs or videos using the Chrome browser.
- You can also use Voice Search to surf the internet.
- Chrome has its own inbuilt translator. You can translate the whole web page to your preferred language.
How to Install Google Chrome on Firestick
Google Chrome is not available in the Amazon App Store. Instead, you need to download the app from third-party sources. You can download the Google Chrome app in two ways.
- Using Downloader.
- Using ES File Explorer.
Install Google Chrome Browser on Firestick using Downloader
Downloader is one of the best apps to download apps not available in the Amazon App Store. If you don’t have the app, install Downloader for Firestick here with all the necessary guidelines.
1. After installing the Downloader, select the Settings on the home screen of your Fire TV.
2. Choose My Fire TV / Devices in the Settings menu.
3. Next, select the Developer Options in the list.
4. Now, select the Install Unknown Apps option.
5. Scroll down and choose the Downloader app. Finally, turn on the Downloader if it is turned off.
After you are done with the steps above, you can follow the steps below to get the Google Chrome browser on your Fire Stick.
1. Open the Downloader app. Tap Allow if any pop-up prompts.
3. Next, select the Home button. Type Google Chrome’s APK URL in the URL box https://bit.ly/3GQdRmy and click Go.
4. Wait for the Google Chrome browser APK File download to complete.
5. After the download is complete, tap the Next button.
6. Click Install on the next screen to start the installation process.
7. When the app is installed, select the Done button on the pop-up window.
NOTE: Google Chrome is not available in the Amazon App Store. If you download it from third-party sources, the navigation is not suited for Firestick Remote. Install Mouse Toggle for Firestick for easy navigation in the Google Chrome Browser.
Steps to Install Google Chrome Browser on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is an alternative to the Downloader app. If you find any difficulties using the Downloader app, you can go for ES File Explorer. Install the ES File Explorer for Firestick here with all the necessary guidelines.
NOTE: After installing the ES File Explorer app, make sure to go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > ES File Explorer. Now, turn on the ES File Explorer app.
1. Open the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
2. Click the Downloader icon on the home screen.
3. Tap the +New button at the bottom of the screen.
4. In the Path area, type Google Chrome’s APK URL https://bit.ly/3GQdRmy. In the Name area, type any name or name of the app.
5. Then, click on the Download Now button.
6. Wait for the download to complete.
7. After the download is complete, click Open File and Install on the subsequent screen to start the installation process.
How to Access Google Chrome on Firestick
The following are the steps you can use to easily access Google Chrome on your Fire Stick.
1. Long press the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
2. Next, select the Apps tab from the new window displayed on the screen.
3. From the Your Apps & Channels section, scroll down and select the Google Chrome browser.
4. On your Fire TV remote, press the Menu button.
5. After that, choose the Move to Front option.
Finally, you have successfully added the Google Chrome browser to your Fire TV home screen. Now, go back to the home screen and select the Google Chrome browser to launch it. Then, select the Accept & continue button. After that, you can browse on the Google Chrome browser with your Firestick as you use it on your Smartphone.
How to Install Extensions on the Chrome browser
Google web extensions are nothing but some shortcuts that you can install with fewer data storage to access easily with a single tap. For Example, let me teach you how you can install the ExpressVPN web extension on Google Chrome.
1. Visit the web page https://chrome.google.com/webstore on your Chrome browser.
2. Click on the Search Box from the top left corner.
3. Type and search for ExpressVPN.
4. Choose the ExpressVPN extension from the search result.
5. Click on the Add to Chrome button.
6. Now, you have successfully added the ExpressVPN extension to your Chrome browser
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Google Chrome browser is unavailable in the Amazon App Store.
Yes, you can install Google Chrome on Firestick 4K.
You can use the Downloader or ES File Explorer to sideload the Google Chrome browser on Firestick.