The Sky is one of the popular media services that offer channels in different genres, including sports, movies, news, kids, documentaries, and more. It has more than 1 million subscribers all over the world. There are over 200+ Sky channels that include Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky Business, Sky Comedy, Sky Atlantic, Sky Crime, etc. Sky group also offers a standalone app called Sky Go. However, the app is not compatible with Firestick. To stream the Sky Channels on your Firestick device, we have come up with three workarounds.
Ways to stream Sky Channels on Firestick
You can stream all your favorite Sky Channels on Firestick in 3 different ways.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- Using Silk Browser
- Using Live Net TV
- Through the Sky Go app
How to Stream Sky Channels on Amazon Firestick
The first method to stream Sky Channels on Firestick is through the Amazon Silk Browser on Firestick using the free streaming websites.
1. Press the Home button on your Firestick remote to launch the Firestick home screen.
2. Tap the Find and click the Search tile.
3. Enter the internet browser in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Pick the app from the search results.
5. Click the Download button to install the app.
6. After installation, hit Open to launch the app on Firestick.
7. Once you launch the app, tap the Accept Terms button.
8. Now, the Bing.com screen will appear by default.
9. Type the URL in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard bit.ly/sky-fire or https://www.skygo.co.nz/.
10. You will be taken to the home page of the website.
11. Choose Sky Channels and stream it on your Firestick.
How to Watch Sky Channels on Firestick using Live Net TV
The next method to stream Sky Channels on Firestick is through Live Net TV. The Live Net TV app offers more than 23 Sky channels, including Sky Sports Italia, Atlantic, Box office, Mix, Main Event, and more. Since the Live Net TV is unavailable on Firestick, you need to sideload it using the ES File Explorer app on Firestick.
1. Navigate to the Firestick home screen.
2. Click the Find and tap the Search tile.
3. Enter ES File Explorer in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Choose the app and click the Download button.
5. Next, tap Open to launch the app.
5. Get back to the Firestick home screen and tap the Settings icon.
7. Tap the My Fire TV tile.
8. Click the Developer Options.
9. Choose the Install Unknown Apps.
10. Turn on ES File Explorer to install third-party apps on your Firestick.
11. Open the ES File Explorer app and tap the Downloader icon.
12. Tap the +New icon at the bottom of the screen.
13. Enter the download link of the Live Net TV in the Path field.
14. Enter the name of the app in the Name field.
15. Hit Download Now to get the apk file.
16. Tap the Open File button and click Install.
17. Once the app is installed, hit Open to launch the app.
How to Use Live Net TV on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Apps section on Firestick.
2. Choose the Live Net TV among the available apps.
3. Press the Menu button on your Firestick remote.
4. Choose Move to launch the app on your Firestick home screen.
5. Open the Live Net TV app and view the home screen.
6. Tap the Search icon at the top left corner and type sky.
7. All the Sky Channels will appear on the screen.
8. Choose the Sky Channel that you want to stream on Firestick.
9. When a prompt message appears on the screen to choose the video player.
10. Once selected, stream your favorite channel on your Firestick.
How to Use a VPN on Firestick
Live Net TV is a third-party app that offers free service. Generally, using free services may lead to legal issues as they may contain content that will lead to legal issues. So you need to use a VPN with your Firestick.
1. First, install ExpressVPN on Firestick.
2. Open the ExpressVPN app and sign in with your account details.
3. Select a country from the list.
4. Once selected, click the Connect button.
5. Open the streaming app and stream your favorite content on Firestick.
6. Finally, tap the Disconnect button to stop using the VPN.
How to Get Sky Channel on Firestick using Sky Go
If you are not comfortable with the methods above, you can install Sky go on your phone and screen mirror to your Firesick device.
1. Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select Mirroring to enable the screen mirroring option.
2. Launch the Sky Go app on your Android device.
3. Sign in with your account and choose to play any content.
4. Now, head to the Notification center on your phone and click on the Cast option.
5. Select your Firestick device from the list to connect.
6. Once connected, the chosen content will start to play on your Firestick device.
You can prefer the method of your choice to stream Sky Channels on Firestick. But don’t forget to use a VPN with your Firestick while you are using the free streaming websites and applications like Live Net TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is legal to watch Sky Channels on Firestick as it is available on the major app stores.
The total number of Sky channels is about 350.