Philo TV is an online video streaming platform that you can install on your Firestick. Philo TV is available in the United States alone. This streaming service focuses only on the entertainment category. The 58 channels in the Philo TV list include Animal Planet, A&E, TLC, TV Land, Paramount Network, Science Channel, and so on. If you love entertainment and feel satisfied with minimal channels, then Philo TV is the best app for you. With Philo TV on your Firestick, you don’t need to depend upon conventional cable subscriptions. In this guide, let us see how to install the Philo TV app on Fire devices and Android boxes.
Philo TV is supported by all Android and iOS smartphones. Philo TV app can be installed on Amazon Firestick, Roku, and other similar devices. This streaming app comes with only one subscription plan of $25/month with a 7-day free trial. With the limited 58 channels, you can get yourself all the updated and breaking things around you for $25/month. By using Philo TV, you can get to stream live and on-demand TV. Follow the below steps to install the Philo TV on Firestick.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Related Article: How to install TeaTV on Firestick
Features of Philo TV
The key features of Philo TV are as follows.
- In Philo TV, you can get all the needed updates and breaking news on your smart TV.
- For $20 a month, you can get to stream all the live and on-demand content on your Firestick smart TV.
- With only 58 channels, you can get to stream what you want and what you like.
- Philo TV also offers the DVR Storage feature that will help you record your favorites to watch it offline.
- You can use your Philo account with three devices simultaneously.
How to Install Philo TV on Firestick
Philo TV is officially available on Amazon App Store. You can install the app from the Amazon App Store itself.
#1 Select Find > Search from the Fire TV home screen.
#2 Type Philo TV using the on-screen keyboard and search for the app.
#3 Select the Philo TV app from the search result.
#4 Click the Get or Download button to download and install the Philo TV on Firestick.
#5 After installing the Philo TV app, select the Open button.
#6 Get a subscription to Philo at their official website. Then, you can input the login credentials on the Philo TV app to access your favorite movies or TV shows.
Related: How to install TV Land on Firestick
How to Sideload Philo TV on Firestick
Installing the Downloader on Firestick with help you with sideloading the Philo TV app. Also, you can follow the steps below to do the same.
Tweak the Settings on your Fire TV and follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Settings on your Fire TV.
2. Then, choose My Fire TV.
3. Next, select the Developer options.
4. Now, click on the Install Unknown Apps.
5. Scroll down and find the Downloader app.
Finally, turn on the Downloader. Now, you can install apps on your Firestick using the Downloader.
1. After you complete the Pre-Requisite, launch the Downloader app.
2. Next, accept the terms and conditions.
3. Then, select the URL Box from the home screen and enter the URL of the Philo TV app https://bit.ly/3w5S05F.
4. After that, click on the Go button.
5. The Philo TV app will now start to download.
6. After the Philo TV app is downloaded, select the Install button.
7. Once the Philo TV app is installed, you can click on the Open button.
8. Then, you can input your login credentials to access the content offered by Philo TV.
Related: How to stream Sling TV on Firestick
How to Get Philo TV for free on Firestick
The only way to get the Philo TV platform for free is by subscribing to it. After that, you will be provided with 7 day free trial. And until the 7-day free trial, you will not be charged for using their platform. However, your bank account will be charged $25 per month after the trial period is completed.
How to Fix If the Philo TV is Not Working on Firestick
The following are some of the general fixes that will help you with fixing the issues of Philo TV on Firestick.
1. As you already know, you can share your Philo account with three devices simultaneously. So, if you are trying to access the Philo TV on a fourth device, you can’t because of the restriction. But in this case, you can still access Philo TV on your fourth device by ending the session on any one of your active devices.
2. Another major reason why the Philo TV app is not working is because of the bad internet connection. And the recommended bandwidth suggested by the Philo TV is 1.5 Mbps for SD quality video and 5 Mbps for streaming HD quality content.
3. One of the peculiar cases is that you can’t find the Philo TV app on your Amazon App Store in some regions. In that case, you can still be able to stream the Philo TV by sideloading the app on your Fire TV. But you need to connect with the best VPN for Firestick to access the Philo TV from anywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need to get a subscription to access Philo TV on Firestick. However, you will get a 7-day free trial upon Philo TV subscription.
Yes, you can watch Philo TV on Firestick.