Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing and chat-based collaboration software incorporated with a lot of customization features. If you are looking for a tool to work from home, Microsoft Teams is the right choice. It is provided with the ability to communicate and share information with multiple people across all-region. Besides group interaction, you can enjoy a private chat with your family, friends, and colleagues. You can also schedule and host office meetings or discussions with your team. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Teams app is unavailable for Firestick. But you can install the Teams app on Firestick using Downloader or ES File Explorer.
How to Get Microsoft Teams on Firestick [Downloader]
Before reading the procedure below, you need to purchase a USB web camera. Then, connect the web camera to the USB Port of your Fire TV and set it up.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
1. Hit the Find icon on the home screen.
2. Select the Search bar and type Downloader using the virtual keyboard. Next, search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Click the Download or Get button to install the Downloader app on Firestick.
5. Now, the Downloader app will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Before launching the app, go to Settings and select My Fire TV.
7. Choose Developer options and tap the option Install unknown apps.
8. Now, choose the Downloader app and turn it ON.
9. Next, launch the Downloader app and select the search box.
10. Enter the URL of the Microsoft Teams APK File.
11. Click on the Go button to download the APK File.
12. Then, click on the Install button after downloading the APK File.
13. Now, select the Open button after the Microsoft Teams app is installed.
14. Sign in to your Microsoft Teams account and give permission to access your USB web camera.
15. Now, you can make or join video calls with Microsoft Teams on your Firestick.
Alternative Way to Sideload Microsoft Teams on Firestick [ES File Explorer]
1. Navigate to the Amazon App Store and download the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick. After downloading the app, ensure to subscribe to the ES File Explorer premium version.
2. Then, go to Settings → Click My Fire TV → Select Developer Options → Tap Install unknown apps → Turn ON ES File Explorer.
3. Once enabled, launch the ES File Explorer and tap the Downloader option on the app’s home screen.
4. Hit the +New option at the bottom.
5. Enter the Microsoft Teams APK link in the path field and type Microsoft Teams in the name field.
6. Select Download Now and wait for the APK file to download.
7. After downloading the APK file, select the Open File option.
8. Tap Install on the pop-up menu.
9. Next, select the Install button again on the app installation screen.
10. Launch the Microsoft Teams app after installation and log in to your account.
11. Now, join or host a meeting on Microsoft Teams and view it on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
If you have any issues navigating the Microsoft Teams app, download and use the Mouse Toggle app on Firestick.
How to Screen Mirror Microsoft Teams on Firestick
Before mirroring the smartphone screen on Firestick, you should turn on the Display Screen Mirroring option on your Firestick or Fire TV.
1: Turn On your Firestick and select the Settings icon on the home screen.
2: Under Settings, select the Display and sounds option.
3: Select the Enable Display Mirroring option.
4: Now, your Firestick is ready to accept casting from other devices.
If you want to take Microsoft Teams app to Firestick’s screen, you should connect both Firestick and Android Phone to the same WiFi.
1: Install and launch the Microsoft Teams app from the Google Play Store.
2: Log in to your Microsoft Team account or Office 365 Account.
3: Now, go to the Notification Panel on your Android device.
4: Select the Cast icon.
5: Select the Firestick device from the menu.
6: Now, the Android screen can be seen on your Fire TV.
7: Open the Microsoft Teams app on your Android Phone and make or join video calls to view it on your Fire TV.
Note: If you want to screen mirror the Microsoft Teams from iPhone, you need to use third-party AirPlay apps like AllCast, MirrorCast, AirScreen, TV Mirror, Video & TV Cast, etc.
Features & Highlights
- You can create groups or private conversations with your team members.
- Allows you to save sensitive conversations and customize your teams/ Contacts notifications.
- Supports HD video and audio calls.
- Schedule meetings and modify documents or projects while on the go.
- This app requires an Office 365 subscription or Microsoft account subscription to access it.
- It is the best video-calling service that lets you team up with nearly 10000 participants at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google Meet, Zoom, and Skype are the best alternatives to Microsoft Teams on Firestick.
No, Microsoft Teams is unavailable on Amazon App Store.