Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing and chat-based collaboration software incorporated with a lot of customization features. If you are looking for a tool to work from home, Microsoft Teams is the right choice. It is provided with the ability to communicate and share information with multiple people across all-region. Besides group interaction, you can enjoy a private chat with your family, friends, and colleagues. Schedule and host office meetings or discussions with your team whenever you want. Microsoft Teams is officially accessible on Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Teams app is unavailable for your Firestick because you cannot make a video call without a web camera. Still, we managed to find a way to make video calls with Microsoft Teams on Firestick.
You can read further below to know the procedure to install Microsoft Teams app and make video calls on Firestick.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- You will be able to have a group and private conversation with your team members.
- Allows you to save sensitive conversations and customize your teams/ Contacts notifications.
- Supports HD video and audio call.
- Schedule meetings, manage and modify the documents or projects while on the go.
- It requires an Office 365 subscription or Microsoft account subscription to access it.
How to Install Microsoft Teams on Firestick
Before reading the procedure below, you need to purchase a USB web camera. Then, connect the USB web camera to the USB Port of your Fire TV.
1. Navigate to the Find tab on the home screen.
2. Select the Search tile and you can now see a search bar.
3. Now, select the Search Bar using your Fire TV remote and enter Downloader using the Virtual keyboard. Next, search for the Downloader app.
4. Select the Downloader app from the search result.
5. Click the Download or Get button.
6. Now, the Downloader app will start to download and will be installed on your Firestick.
7. Before launching the app, go to Settings and select My Fire TV.
8. Choose Developer options > Install Unknown apps.
9. Now, choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
10. Next, launch the Downloader app and select the search box.
11. Enter the URL of the Microsoft Teams app (APK File) https://bit.ly/352kRhL.
12. Click on the Go button to download the APK File.
13. Then, Click on the Install button after downloading the APK File.
14. Now, select the Open button after the Microsoft Teams app is installed.
15. Sign in with your Microsoft Teams account and permit to access your USB web camera.
That’s all. You are now set up. Now, you can make video calls with Microsoft Teams on your Firestick.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Firestick
If you want to access the app that could not be found on the Amazon App store, you can sideload apps on Firestick. Other than sideloading, you can use the Screen Mirroring option to get the third-party apps on Firestick.
Before getting into mirroring Microsoft Teams app on Firestick, you should turn on the Display Screen Mirroring option on Firestick or Fire TV device.
1: Launch your Firestick and select the Settings option at the top of the home screen.
2: Under Settings, select the Display and sounds option.
3: Select Enable Display Mirroring option; your Firestick will reveal to you that the screen mirroring is enabled.
4: Now, your Firestick is ready to accept casting from other devices.
Related Post: How to Cast to Firestick?
Cast Microsoft Teams to Firestick from Android
Microsoft Teams is a native app available on Android Google Play Store. If you want to take Microsoft Teams app to Firestick’s screen, you should connect both Firestick and Android devices to the same WiFi.
1: Install and launch the Microsoft Teams app from the Google Play Store.
2: Log in with your Microsoft Team account or Office 365 Account.
3: Now, open the Notification Panel on your Android device.
4: Select the Cast option.
5: Then, select the Firestick device from the search result.
6: The Firestick TV screen will reflect the Android screen when the casting starts.
7: Now open the Microsoft Teams app, make video calls, and conduct meetings right from your Firestick.
Related Post: How to install and use Skype on Firestick?
Cast Microsoft Teams to Firestick from iPhone
Casting or Mirroring from iPhone is entirely different from Android. For example, to Mirror Microsoft Teams from iPhone to Firestick, you need to install and access Mirroring apps on Firestick.
Note: Firestick compatible AirPlay apps are AllCast, MirrorCast, AirScreen, TV Mirror, Video & TV Cast, and many.
1: First of all, connect your Firestick and iPhone with the same WiFi network.
2: Install any of the above-mentioned AirPlay apps on your Firestick from Amazon App Store.
3: Now open the iPhone App Store app and search for Microsoft Teams app.
4: Then click the Get button to install and launch the app.
5: Log in with Microsoft Teams Account and Office 365 Account.
6: After that, Swipe down on your iPhone screen and tap the Screen Mirroring option to enable it.
7: Now your iPhone search for available devices, tap your Firestick‘s name from the AirPlay search result.
8: Your iPhone screen will be mirrored on Firestick TV.
Right now, you can access Microsoft Teams app functions on your Fire Stick.
Cast Microsoft Teams to Firestick form Windows
To Cast or mirror, Microsoft Teams from windows devices doesn’t require any additional software installation on Fire Stick. Just enable the Screen Mirroring option on Firestick. Then, connect your Windows and Firestick device with the same WiFi network.
1: Launch the Chrome Web Browser and visit the Microsoft Teams website.
2; Click sign in.
3: Enter your Microsoft account credentials to sign in with Microsoft Teams.
4: After Signing in, right-click on the Microsoft Teams interface and select the Cast option.
5: When you see your Firestick name on the search result, click the Sources drop-down option and choose the Cast tab.
6: Then click your Firestick name from the search result to start casing.
7: Once the casting is successful, your windows screen with Microsoft Teams interface will appear on your Firestick screen.
Related Post: How to install Zoom Cloud Meetings on Firestick?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can take Google Meet as an alternative to Microsoft Teams on Firestick.
No, Microsoft Teams is unavailable for Firestick.
You can install Microsoft Teams on Firestick using the Downloader app.
Once you get the Microsoft Teams service on Firestick, you can host meetings and make private conversations right from your home. In addition, it is the best video calling service that lets you team up with nearly 10000 participants at a time anywhere in the world.