Skype is the best communication software that provides multiple communication functionalities. With Skype on your device, you can make video and audio calls to individuals or a group, share text, images, and files. It is a multi-platform compatible app accessible on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Xbox, and Amazon Firestick. Install Skype on Firestick, and effortlessly host HD video and audio conferences or meetings with multiple participants, maximum up to 50. Skype on Firestick brings mind-blowing features for the users, which include live subtitles for words spoken, call recordings, and many more. Furthermore, it offers a free trial to new subscribers who want to make international calls. Following aisthe installation procedure to get Skype on Amazon Fire Stick.
Features of Skype
- Allows you to make HD video and audio calls.
- The call recording feature allows you to capture and save any exciting moments or important meetings and decisions.
- Easily share your presentation or project screen with others on the video call.
- Skype to Skype calls are free.
- Skype subscription is necessary for group sharing without any additional cost.
- The app can provide real-time subtitles in different languages on video calls.
How to Install Skype on Firestick
Skype has a native app available on the Amazon App Store. So the installation is very simple and easy.
#1: Turn on your Firestick and make sure it is connected to the Wifi.
#2: Go to the Firestick home screen and select Find > Search.
#3: Enter Skype using the virtual keyboard and search for the app.
#4: Select the Skype app from the Apps & Games section.
#5. After that, select the Get or Download button. Now, the Skype app will start to download.
#6. Once the Skype app is downloaded, it will be automatically installed on your Firestick.
#7. After the Skype app is installed, select the Open button.
Tip: As your TV or Fire TV does not natively come with a web camera, you need to connect a USB web camera to your TV to make a video call.
An Alternative Way to Install Skype on Firestick
When you are experiencing any issues with the Firestick Remote or the Amazon App Store, you can go for an alternative option to install Skype on your Amazon Fire TV.
#1: Open any web browser on your desktop and go to amazon.com.
#2: Sign in to Amazon account; same used for Firestick registration.
#3: Now, navigate to the Amazon search field and search for the Skype app.
#4: Choose the Skype app from the search list and click the Deliver to button on the right side.
#5: Now, select your Firestick device and click the Get App button.
#6: The Skype app begins to download and install on your Firestick device
#6: After you are done with the above procedure, the Skype app will appear in the Apps & Games section on your Firestick.
How to Sideload Skype to Firestick
If you have any problems installing the Skype app from the Amazon App Store, you can use the Downloader on Firestick. To do that, first, install the Downloader on Firestick.
1. Once you install the Downloader app, go to Settings.
2. From the Settings, select My Fire TV.
3. Next, choose Developer options.
4. Now, select the Install Unknown Sources option.
5. After that, choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
6. No, return back to the home screen and select the Apps tab from the upper right corner.
7. From the Your Apps & Channels section, choose the Downloader app and launch it.
8. Allow all the permissions if prompted.
9. From the home screen, select the URL box.
10. Enter the URL of the APK File of the Skype app. Next, select the Go button.
11. The Skype app will start to download. After the Skype app is downloaded, select the Install button from the prompt.
12. Now, the installation process will start and will be completed within a couple of minutes.
13. After the Skype app is installed, select the Open button.
How to Make Video Calls on Firestick Using Skype
#1: Long press the Fire TV remote until you see a new window displayed on-screen of your Fire Stick.
#2: From the new window displayed on the screen, select the Apps tab.
#3: Navigate to the Skype app and press the Menu button on your remote.
#4: Now, choose the Move to Front option. After that, the Skype app will be added to the home screen.
#5: Go back to the home screen and click on the Skype icon to launch it.
#6: Log in to your Skype account or create a new one.
#7: Tap the Sync Contacts button to connect with your friends (for the first time only).
#8: Now, tap any of the available contacts or search the contact using the search bar.
#9: Then, select the type of call, Audio or Video.
#10: When the call is connected, you can talk with your friends. To add another contact, just tap the Plus icon.
#11: If you want to end the Skype call, tap the End button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get Skype on Firestick in the UK.
Yes, the Skype app is available to install on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.