HBO Max is nothing but a rebranded version of HBO Now. HBO Max is a newly launched video-on-demand streaming (OTT) platform that offers many originals, series, specials, documentaries, etc. With the HBO Max platform, you can stream some of HBO’s famous originals like Watchmen, Lovecraft Country, The Sopranos, GOT (Game Of Thrones), along with some syndicated shows like Big Bang Theory, Friends, etc., and also a few third party’s contents. It is compatible with almost all popular streaming devices. It also supports offline downloads & multiple viewer profiles as its peers. In this article, let’s see how to get HBO Max on your Firestick / Fire TV Stick.
On March 18, 2021, HBO Max made the most awaited release, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, the fifth film under DC Extended Universe (DCEU). So make sure you have installed and set up HBO Max to watch Justice League on your Firestick/Fire TV.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Also, see how to get HBO Go on Firestick.
HBO Max Plans & Pricing
The HBO Max is free to access if you have subscribed to the HBO Channel via cable TV Provider. If that’s the case, you can use your cable TV Provider account to access the HBO Max platform. If you didn’t subscribe to the HBO channel, you can visit the official website of HBO Max to subscribe to their platform.
HBO Max ad-free subscription plans:-
Monthly Plan – $14.99
Yearly Plan – $149.99
HBO Max subscription plans with ads:-
Monthly Plan – $9.99
Yearly Plan – $99.99
To subscribe to the HBO Max platform, you can follow the steps below.
1. Visit the official website of the HBO Max.
2. Then select any plan you want.
3. Enter the details required and create your HBO Max account.
4. Next, pay for the subscription.
5. Finally, you can access the HBO Max platform without a cable TV Provider account.
How to Get HBO Max on Firestick for Free
The HBO Max app is officially available on the Amazon App Store. That means you can directly install the HBO Max app on your Fire TV.
1. Turn on your Firestick-connected TV and go to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, select Find and then choose Search.
3. Now, you can see a virtual keyboard on-screen. From the virtual keyboard, enter HBO Max and search for the app.
4. Click on the HBO Max app under the Apps and Games section.
5. Once you get the HBO Max’s info page, click on Get or Download button.
6. Finally, the HBO Max will start to download. Once the HBO Max is downloaded, the app will be automatically installed on Firestick.
7. After installing the HBO Max app, click on the Open button.
Alternative Method – How to Install HBO Max on Firestick
With the sideloading method, you can easily get the HBO Max on your Fire TV. And you only need to install the Downloader on Firestick from the Amazon App Store to sideload the BO Max app.
NOTE: Before getting into the sideloading process, you need to change the Settings on your Fire TV. To do the same, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps. Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV.
2. Then, from the home screen, select the URL Box.
3. Then, in the URL box, enter the URL of the APK File of the HBO Max app.
4. Then, hit the Go button.
5. You can see that the HBO Max app is starting to download on your Fire TV.
6. Once the HBO Max app download is complete, select the Install button.
7. After that, the HBO Max app will be installed on your Fire TV.
8. Once the HBO Max app is installed, you can click on the Open button to launch the app.
How to Use HBO Max on Firestick
1. On your Firestick remote, press the Home button until you see a menu displayed on the screen.
2. From the new menu, select the Apps tab.
3. Select the HBO Max app from the Your Apps & Games category.
4. Then, press the Menu (Three Horizontal Lines) button on your Fire TV remote.
5. Now, choose the Move option.
6. After that, use the directional keys on your Fire TV remote to drag the HBO Max app to the top of the order.
7. Go back to the home screen, and you will find the HBO Max app on it.
8. Then, select the HBO Max app from the home screen and launch it.
9. Then, choose any movie or TV series you want. Then, click on the Sign in button.
10. Now, you can see an activation code displayed on the screen. Note that code down.
11. Then, visit the activation page of HBO Max hbomax.com/tvsignin.
12. Enter the activation code and click on the Next button.
13. Now, sign in with your HBO Max subscription account or Cable TV Provider account.
14. Finally, the HBO Max will be activated on your Firestick.
15. Then, you can enjoy watching your favorite content from HBO Max.
Why Connect to a VPN on Firestick to Stream HBO Max
Connecting to a VPN is necessary to unblock the geo-restrictions because you can only get the services of the HBO Max in countries like the US, Latin America, Europe, and the Caribbean. So, if you want to access the HBO Max platform outside these regions, you need to connect to the best VPN for Firestick. Also, connecting to this VPN will help you to protect your privacy while streaming online as it uses a high-level encryption system, i.e., AES Type 256 bit encryption system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the HBO Max app is available for Firestick, and it is free to install.
Yes, you can download the HBO Max on your Fire TV.
You have to pay $9.99 per month to get access to the HBO Max on your Fire TV.
Check that if you have an active subscription to the HBO Max platform and try again.