With the HBO GO app on your Firestick, you can get unlimited access to the HBO channel. Also, entertainment is guaranteed with the HBO GO platform as new episodes and movies will be added on a weekly basis. Also, you can watch live TV on Firestick with the HBO GO app. Moreover, you can access the HBO GO account on three devices simultaneously. Also, the multi-language subtitle is supported for a better user experience. So, if you want to get HBO GO on your Firestick, this guide will help you with that.
Update: After the lunch of HBO Max, HBO GO has been discharged by the company. So, the app can no longer be accessed on Firestick or any other streaming service. Howvere, you can get all the content on HBO GO using the HBO GO app.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Features of HBO GO on Firestick
- With HBO GO TV service, you can watch all the big premieres as they are aired.
- Access the new movies that are constantly added every week on your Firestick.
- Stream thought-provoking documentaries, talk shows, and special events for free.
- Create a watch list, add titles, and stream anything from any device at any time.
- HBO GO is available in 7 different languages, and you can stream video-on-demand content from any part of the world.
How to Install HBO GO (HBO Max) on Firestick
As the HBO GO app is unavailable, you can stream HBO content using HBO Max on Firestick. You can easily install the HBO Max app from the Amazon App Store.
Quick Guide: On your Fire TV home, click Find > Select Search > Search for HBO Max > Click Get > Click Open > Sign with account details.
1. Set up your Firestick and click on the Find title.
2. Select the Search option under the expanding screen.
3. Type and browser for HBO Max on Firestick.
4. Select the app and click Get or Download option.
5. Wait till the app gets installed and click Open to launch the app.
6. Next, sign in with your account credentials.
7. Select any HBO Go content and start streaming HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV.
Note: You can also use HBO Now on Firestick to watch HBO Go content.
How to Sideload HBO GO (HBO Max) on Firestick
1. Go to the home screen on your Fire TV.
2. Select the Find tab from the home screen.
3. Then, choose the Search tile.
4. With the virtual keyboard, enter Downloader and search for it.
5. Choose the Downloader app from the search result.
6. Next, click the Get or Download button to install the app.
7. After installing the app, click on the Open button.
Also, you can check the detailed procedure for installing the Downloader on Firestick.
How to Download HBO GO on Firestick using Downloader
Once you install the Downloader app, you can follow the steps below to get HBO GO.
1. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings.
2. Then, choose the My Fire TV tab.
3. Select the Developer options.
4. From the Developer options section, select Install Unknown apps.
5. Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
After that, you can follow the steps below to sideload the HBO Max to your Firestick.
6. Select the Apps tab from the Fire TV home screen and launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps and Channels section.
7. Use your Fire TV remote to select the URL Box from the home screen.
8. With the virtual keyboard, enter the URL of the APK File of the HBO Max app https://bit.ly/37kcwHy.
9. Click on the Go button to download the HBO Max app.
10. After downloading the HBO Max app, click on the Install button from the prompt window.
11. Then, the HBO Max app will be installed on Firestick.
12. Once the HBO app is installed, click on the Open button.
13. Enter your subscription credentials to log in to your account.
14. Finally, you can enjoy streaming on the HBO Max platform on the big screen.
Alternate Method: How to Get HBO GO on Firestick using ES File Explorer
Allow the installation of apps from unknown sources and install the ES File Explorer on Firestick. Then, you can follow the steps below to get the HBO Go on Amazon Fire Stick.
Note: Before launching the ES File Explorer app, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > ES File Explorer. Next, turn on the ES File Explorer.
1. Open the ES File Explorer after installation.
2. From the ES File Explorer home, select the Downloader icon.
3. Then, select the + New tab.
4. From the pop-up window, enter the URL of the HBO Max app in the Path field https://bit.ly/37kcwHy.
5. Next, on the Name field, enter HBO Max.
6. Then, click on the Download Now button.
7. Now, the HBO Max app will start to download.
8. Once the HBO Max app is downloaded, click on Open File.
9. Now, click on the Install button.
10. You can now see on the screen that the installation process has been initiated.
12. After that, the HBO Max app will be installed on your Fire TV within a minute or two.
How to Screen Mirror HBO GO (HBO Max) on Firestick
You can install the HBO Max app on your smartphone and mirror it to your TV without installing the app on your device. Before getting to the procedure, make sure to turn on Mirroirn on your Firestick. To do that, click Apps from the home menu and tap the Mirroring option.
1. On your Android Smartphone, install the HBO Max app from the Google Play Store.
NOTE: You should have connected your Android Smartphone and Firestick to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, bring down the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Next, choose your Firestick device.
4. Launch the HBO Max app and log in with your account.
5. Finally, you can play any content on the HBO Go to stream on your Firestick device-connected TV.
Why can’t I find HBO GO on Firestick?
Though HBO GO gained popularity in a short time, the company decided to seize the platform after the massive hit of the HBO Max app. Thus, you can find the pp on Firestick or any other device.
How to Fix HBO Max Login Issues with HBO Go Info?
If you are looking to log in with your HBO Go credentials to HBO Max, you can check out the quick fixes below.
- As the HBO GO app is no longer available, you must use the HBO Max app.
- Check out the email from HBO GO about the account login details.
- Ensure that you are providing the correct password. You can use the forgotten password option to reset your account password.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need a subscription to access the HBO Go platform.
HBO Go is no longer available on Firestick because of the release of the HBO Max app.
No, HBO Go is now longer available on Amazon Prime Video.
Yes, you can install HBO Max from the Amazon App Store.
The HBO Go app has been discontinued. So there are no updates available for HBO Go.
You can stream HBO Go if you have operator provider support in the Philippines, Indonesia, Romania, etc.