With the HBO Go app on your Firestick, you can get unlimited access to the HBO channel. Also, entertainment is guaranteed with the HBO Go platform as new episodes and movies will be added on a weekly basis. Also, you can also watch live TV on Firestick with the HBO Go app. Moreover, you can access the HBO Go account on three devices simultaneously. Also, the multi-language subtitle is supported for a better user experience. So, if you want to get the HBO Go on your Firestick, this guide will help you with that.
Features of HBO GO on Firestick
- With HBO GO TV service, you can watch all the big premieres as they are aired.
- Access the new movies that are constantly added every week on your Firestick.
- Stream thought-provoking documentaries, talk shows, and special events for free.
- Create a watch list, add titles to it and stream anything at any time from any device.
- HBO GO is available in 7 different languages, and you can stream video-on-demand content from any part of the world.
How to Get HBO GO on Firestick
The HBO Go app is discontinued in the US. So, you can’t access the HBO app inside the US. However, the HBO app platform is still live in Asian countries. So, anyone around the globe can access the HBO platform in the US with the help of the Downloader app. In addition, you must have already subscribed to the HBO platform to access it because the subscription is currently open to anyone since the release of the HBO Max on Firestick.
NOTE: Only the users residing in Asian countries can access the HBO Go on Fire TV with the method below. Users from other than Asian countries need to connect to the best VPN on Firestick to enjoy streaming with the HBO Go.
1. Go to the home screen on your Fire TV.
2. Select the Find tab from the home screen.
3. Then, choose the Search tile.
4. With the virtual keyboard, enter Downloader and search for it.
5. Choose the Downloader app from the search result.
6. Next, click on the Get or Download button to install the app.
7. After installing the app, click on the Open button.
Also, you can check the detailed procedure on how to install the Downloader on Firestick.
Install HBO Go on Firestick using Downloader
Once you install the Downloader app, you can follow the steps below to get the HBO Go.
1. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings.
2. Then, choose the My Fire TV tab.
3. Select the Developer options.
4. From the Developer options section, select Install Unknown apps.
5. Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
After that, you can follow the steps below to sideload the HBO Go app to your Firestick.
6. Select the Apps tab from the Fire TV home screen and launch the Downloader app from the Your Apps and Channels section.
7. Use your Fire TV remote to select the URL Box from the home screen.
8. With the virtual keyboard, enter the URL of the APK File of the HBO Go app https://bit.ly/37kcwHy.
9. Click on the Go button to download the HBO Go app.
10. After downloading the HBO Go app, click on the Install button from the prompt window.
11. Then, the HBO Go app will be installed on Firestick.
12. Once the HBO app is installed, click on the Open button.
NOTE: Don’t forget to connect to a VPN to stream on HBO Go privately. Also, you can connect to Asian VPN server locations like India, Singapore, etc., to access the HBO Platform from anywhere in the world.
13. Enter your subscription credentials to log in to your account.
14. Finally, you can enjoy streaming on the HBO Go platform on the big screen.
How to Download and Install HBO Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
Allow the installation of apps from unknown sources and install the ES File Explorer on Firestick. Then, you can follow the steps below to get the HBO Go on Amazon Fire Stick.
Note: Before launching the ES File Explorer app, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown Apps > ES File Explorer. Next, turn on the ES File Explorer.
1. Open the ES File Explorer after installation.
2. From the ES File Explorer home, select the Downloader icon.
3. Then, select the + New tab.
4. From the pop-up window, enter the URL of the HBO Go app in the Path field https://bit.ly/37kcwHy.
5. Next, on the Name field, enter as HBO Go.
6. Then, click on the Download Now button.
7. Now, the HBO Go app will start to download.
8. Once the HBO Go app is downloaded, click on Open File.
9. Now, click on the Install button.
10. You can now see on the screen that the installation process has been initiated.
12. After that, the HBO Go app will be installed on your Fire TV within a minute or two.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror HBO Go on Firestick
You already know that HBO Go is available in Asian countries. And that means that the HBO Go is also available on Android Smartphones. So, below are the steps to screen mirror the HBO Go on Fire TV.
1. On your Android Smartphone, install the HBO Go app from the Google Play Store.
NOTE: You should have connected your Android Smartphone and Firestick to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, bring down the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Next, choose your Firestick device.
4. Now, launch the HBO Go app and log in with your account.
5. Finally, you can play any content on the HBO Go platform to stream on your Firestick device-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need a subscription to access the HBO Go platform.
HBO Go is no lo longer available on Firestick because of the release of the HBO Max app.