Facebook is a popular and pioneer social media app for connecting with friends online. It has groups, communities, and pages to join and explore the digital world. Facebook uses Messenger for chats, group chats, and video calls. It has a Watch section to stream the videos, which can be trending, recommended, entertaining, sports, movie, and TV show short clips. You can also check the following page’s videos and live streaming from top celebrities. The Market Place is a digital buying zone to purchase products at the best price. Moreover, Facebook also offers games to play and compete with online friends. Facebook can be accessed from iPhone, Android, iPad, and streaming devices like Firestick, etc.
Can you get Facebook on Firestick?
Yes, you can download Facebook on Amazon Firestick since Facebook has a dedicated app for Fir TV called Facebook Watch. And the installation steps are very simple as the app is available for free in the Amazon App Store. However, you have to activate the app to start using it.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
How to Get Facebook on Firestick
Quick Start Guide: On your Fire TV home > Click Find > Tap Search > Search for Facebook > Select the app > Click Get > Click Open to launch.
(1) Start the Firestick device and connect to the internet.
(2) Click the Find title on the home screen.
(3) Select Search under the now expanding screen.
(4) Type Facebook using the on-screen keyboard and search it.
(5) Select Get to download the Facebook app on the device.
(6) Click Open to launch Facebook on Firestick
How to Activate Facebook on Firestick
(1) Launch the Facebook app on Firestick from the Apps section.
(2) Now, tap Login.
(3) An Activation code appears on the TV screen. Make a note of it.
(4) Go to the Firestick website on the PC.
(5) Log in to your Facebook account and enter the activation code.
(6) Click Continue to activate the app and access the Facebook profile on Firestick.
Alternative Way: How to Download Facebook on Firestick
The Alternative way to access Facebook on the Amazon Fire TV is sideloading. You can sideload any app on Firestick with the URL, and you will need the Downloader app to complete the process.
(1) Go to the Firestick home screen and search for the Downloader app.
(2) Choose the Downloader app from the suggestions, and select Get to install the Downloader app on the Firestick.
(3) Go to the Firestick home screen and select the Settings (Gear icon).
(4) Choose My Fire TV in the Settings.
(5) Scroll down and select Developer Options.
(6) Click Install Unknown Apps and Choose Downloader.
(7) Turn on the Downloader app to install unknown apps.
(8) Select Open to Launch the Downloader app on Fire TV.
(9) Click Allow in the prompt and enter the Facebook app URL in the browser.
(10) Select Go and tap Download to download the file. Click Install to install the Facebook app.
Now, you can stream the Facebook Watch videos on the Firestick-connected TV. But you cannot browse your timeline or home feeds as you do it on your mobile. If you find any navigation issues, install the Mouse Toggle app on Firestick.
How to Cast Facebook Live to Firestick / Fire TV
You can easily cast Facebook videos to TV using the inbuilt cast feature. Make sure to connect your Firestick and smartphone with the same internet connection.
(1) Reach the Fire TV home menu by selecting the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
(2) Click Mirroring to enable it.
(3) On your Android or iPhone, go to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
(4) Install the Facebook app from the respective store.
(5) Launch the app and sign in with your Facebook credentials.
(6) Select any video to play and click on the Cast icon.
(7) Select your Fire TV device to connect.
(8) Once connected, enjoy watching Facebook live on your TV.
Yes, you can stream Facebook live for free on Firestick.
Ensure to use a stable Wi-Fi connection and try again.