CBS is an online video streaming app based in the US that can stream live and the latest videos. With the CBS app, you can get all 10000+ on-demand videos, 24/7 live videos anytime and anywhere on your device. CBS can be easily installed on your Amazon Firestick. With your cable provider credentials, you can stream all the CBS content on your Firestick without paying any additional money.
With the CBS app on Firestick, you can stream all the TV shows, Live TV, and Movies. CBS is available on 25 cable TV providers. So, it will be easy for you to subscribe to the CBS channel. Also, you can also follow the procedure below to install the CBS app on your Fire TV.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Features of the CBS App
The features of the CBS app are as follows.
- Stream latest shows, full episodes, binge shows, etc., the day after they are aired.
- You can catch up on the latest primetime, late-night episodes, and daytime shows in HD quality.
- With your TV provider credentials, the CBS app lets you watch live local CBS stations.
- Unlock live TV, thousands of episodes, exclusive original series, etc., with CBS All Access.
- With the subscription, you can stream live TV like local CBS stations, CBSN news, live scores, highlights, entertainment news, etc.
- Apart from streaming online, you can use CBS on Fire Stick to download videos for offline access.
Steps to Install CBS App on Firestick
As the CBS app is officially available in the Amazon App Store, you can download the app directly on your Firestick.
1. Tap the Find > Search on the Firestick Home screen.
2 Type CBS in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and click the search icon.
3 In the search results, tap the CBS app.
4. Click the Get icon to start the downloading process.
5 When the app is a downloader, click Install to install the app.
6 After the download is complete, tap Open to launch the CBS app on your Amazon Fire TV.
How to Sideload CBS on Firestick
You can use the sideloading method as an alternative to getting the CBS app on your Fire TV. And you can use this method if you can’t find the CBS app on the Amazon App Store. But first, you need to install the Downloader app on Firestick.
Note: To use the Downloader app to sideload the CBS app to your Fire TV, you need to allow the Downloader app to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources. To do the same, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install unknown apps > Downloader. Finally, you need to enable the Downloader.
1. Select the Apps tab from the home screen.
2. Next, from the Your Apps & Channels category, select the Downloader app and launch it.
3. Now, select the Allow button displayed on the Prompt at the bottom of the screen.
5. Next, select the Home tab from the left pane and select the URL box using your Fire TV remote.
6. Now, enter the URL of the CBS APK File (https://bit.ly/3Q4R3nb) in the URL box and click on the Go button.
7. The APK File of the CBS app will start to download.
8. Once the CBS APK File is downloaded, select the Install button.
9. Now, within a couple of minutes, the CBS app will be installed on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Activate CBS on Firestick
Since you use cable TV provider credentials to stream CBS content, you need to activate the CBS app on your Amazon Fire Stick. Follow the below instruction to activate the app.
1. Open the CBS app on your Firestick.
2. Choose Activate your device on the screen.
3. You will get the activation code on your TV. Make a note of it.
4. Now, on your smartphone or PC, go to the CBS activation page https://www.cbs.com/activate/firetv.
5. Enter the code in the specified area and click Activate.
6. On the next screen, enter your login credentials and click Sign In to activate the CBS app.
7. After that, you can launch the CBS app on your Firestick and watch all of your favorite content.
Alternative Method – Watch CBS on Firestick
With the Firestick Mirroring feature, you can easily mirror the CBS app from your Android Smartphone to Firestick.
NOTE: Ensure that you have connected your Android Smartphone and Firestick device to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
2. From the tabs displayed, select Mirroring.
3. Then, go to the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the CBS app.
4. From the Control Panel, select Cast.
5. Now, select your Firestick device.
6. Launch the CBS app and sign in with your Cable TV provider.
7. Choose any video content and watch it on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Watch CBS for Free on Firestick
If you haven’t subscribed to the CBS cable TV channel, you have the option to watch it free. And you can simply use the Silk browser on Firestick to do the same. And the platform you are going to use to watch the CBS channel for free is USTVGO.
1. Go to Fire TV home and select Find.
2. Next, choose Search below the Find tab.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to type and search for the Amazon Silk – Web Browser app.
4. Choose the Amazon Silk – web browser app from the search result.
5. Now, select the Get or Download button to install the Amazon Silk – Web Browser on your Fire TV.
6. After installation, select the Open button to launch the Amazon Silk – Web browser.
7. Select the URL Box from the top.
8. Enter the URL ustvgo.tv and select the Go button.
9. From the USTVGO channels list, select CBS.
10. Now, you can watch the CBS cable TV channel live on Firestick for free.
How to Install a VPN to Watch CBS from anywhere in the World
You know that there are some geo-restrictions imposed in certain regions. So, you will not be able to access the CBS app from those geo-restricted areas. In that case, you can connect to ExpressVPN on Firestick to unblock the geo-restrictions.
1. Select Find > Search from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Search for ExpressVPN using the virtual keyboard.
3. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
4. Next, click on the Get or Download button.
5. Now, the ExpressVPN will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Click on the Open button to launch the ExpressVPN app.
7. Sign in with your ExpressVPN subscription account.
8. Next, choose the VPN server as the US and click on the Connect button.
9. Now, you can launch the CBS app and watch it from anywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have subscribed to CBS with a cable TV Provider, you can install the CBS app and watch it for free on Firestick.
Your internet speed may not be up to the mark. So, that’s the reason why the CBS app keeps buffering.
Yes, the CBS app is free to install on Fire TV.