Are you a binge-watcher of Criminal Minds, NCIS, and Young Sheldon? You can use the CBS app on Firestick and stream all the latest episodes. The CBS app is natively available on the Amazon App Store and it is free to install. With CBS on Firestick, you can watch live news, sports, and award shows by signing up with a TV provider.
The CBS app is accessible only in the US, Canada, and Australia. If you are residing outside these countries, the CBS app won’t be available in the app store. Therefore, you can sideload the APK version of CBS from any trusted source.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
How to Install CBS App on Firestick
1. Tap Find > Search on the Firestick Home screen.
2 Type CBS in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and click the search icon.
3 In the search results, select the CBS app.
4. Click the Get button to start the downloading process.
5. Once the app is downloaded, click Install to install the app.
6. After that, tap Open to launch the CBS app on your Amazon Fire TV.
How to Sideload CBS on Firestick
You can use the sideloading method as an alternative to getting the CBS app on your Fire TV. And you can use this method if you can’t find the CBS app on the Amazon App Store. But first, you need to install the Downloader app on Firestick.
Note: To sideload the CBS app to your Fire TV, you need to allow the Downloader app to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources.
Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install unknown apps > Turn on Downloader.
Steps to Sideload CBS APK on Firestick
1. Select the Apps tab from the home screen.
2. Next, from the Your Apps & Channels category, select the Downloader app and launch it.
3. Now, select the Allow button displayed on the Prompt at the bottom of the screen.
5. Next, select the Home tab from the left pane and select the URL box using your Fire TV remote.
6. Now, enter the URL of the CBS APK File in the URL box and click on the Go button.
7. The APK File of the CBS app will start to download.
8. Once the CBS APK File is downloaded, select the Install button.
9. Now, within a couple of minutes, the CBS app will be installed on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Activate CBS on Firestick
Since you use cable TV provider credentials to stream CBS content, you need to activate the CBS app on your Amazon Fire Stick.
1. Open the CBS app on your Firestick.
2. Click Sign in with TV Provider and tap Continue.
3. You will get the activation code on the TV screen. Take note of it.
4. Go to cbs.com/tv/firetv from a web browser on your mobile or PC.
5. Enter the code in the specified area and click Activate.
6. After a few seconds, the screen will refresh on your Firestick.
7. Select your TV provider and sign in with the appropriate credentials.
8. Now click Start Watching to play the CBS TV show on your streaming device.
Alternative Method – Watch CBS on Firestick
With the Firestick Mirroring feature, you can mirror the CBS app from your Android smartphone to your Firestick.
NOTE: Ensure that you have connected your Android smartphone and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
2. From the tabs displayed, select Mirroring.
3. Then, go to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone and install the CBS app.
4. From the Control Panel, select Cast.
5. Now, select your Firestick device.
6. Launch the CBS app and sign in with your Cable TV provider.
7. Choose any video content and watch it on your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Watch CBS for Free Online on Firestick
If you haven’t subscribed to the CBS channel, you have the option to watch it for free. For that, you can use the Silk browser on Firestick. And the platform you are going to use to watch the CBS channel for free is USTVGO.
Important Note: USTVGo has been shut down due to legal issues and is no longer available to use.
1. Go to the Fire TV home screen and select Find.
2. Next, choose Search below the Find tab.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to type and search for the Amazon Silk – Web Browser app.
4. Choose the Amazon Silk – Web Browser app from the search result.
5. Now, select the Get or Download button to install the Amazon Silk – Web Browser on your Fire TV.
6. After installation, select the Open button to launch the Amazon Silk – Web browser.
7. Select the URL Box from the top.
8. Enter the URL ustvgo.tv and select the Go button.
9. From the USTVGO channels list, select CBS.
10. Now, you can watch the CBS cable TV channel live on Firestick for free.
How to Watch CBS on Firestick Outside the US
You know that there are some geo-restrictions imposed in certain regions. So, you will not be able to access the CBS app from those geo-restricted areas. In that case, you can connect to ExpressVPN on Firestick to unblock the geo-restrictions.
1. Select Find > Search from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Search for ExpressVPN using the virtual keyboard.
3. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
4. Next, click on the Get or Download button.
5. Now, ExpressVPN will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Click on the Open button to launch the ExpressVPN app.
7. Sign in with your ExpressVPN subscription account.
8. Next, choose the VPN server as the US and click on the Connect button.
9. Now, you can launch the CBS app and watch it from anywhere in the world.
- Stream the latest shows, full episodes, binge shows, etc., the day after they are aired.
- You can catch up on the latest primetime, late-night episodes, and daytime shows in HD quality.
- With your TV provider credentials, the CBS app lets you watch live local CBS stations.
- Unlock live TV, thousands of episodes, exclusive original series, etc., with CBS All Access.
- Apart from streaming online, you can use CBS on Fire Stick to download videos for offline access.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have subscribed to CBS with a cable TV Provider, you can install the CBS app and watch it for free on Firestick.
Your internet speed may not be up to the mark. So, that’s the reason why the CBS app keeps buffering.