Amazon Firestick is a well-known streaming device among the cord-cutters. You can stream all types of media content as this device converts your normal TV into a smart TV. Further, it supports hundreds of the best streaming apps. Whatever the device is, you should protect it from malware and cybercriminals. Because we install official and unofficial apps on the streaming device. And many apps need a subscription to stream, so you will have to enter your personal information and make payments if necessary. So, antivirus protection on Firestick is essential. When you install antivirus on Firestick, it will pinpoint specific files after the detection of malicious software and deletes malicious codes and software. Without an antivirus, your device might be infected, the moment you connect the device with the internet. So, you must know about the best antivirus for Amazon Firestick.
Best Antivirus for Firestick
McAfee is the first best antivirus for Firestick. This software has excellent malware detection rates. Further, it has lots of extra features like a password manager, VPN and customer support. There are a lot more sophisticated security features available. It protects your Firestick from ransomware, cryptojacking and malware. It enhances your browsing speed and protects your documents, data and passwords. You get excellent phishing protection from this software. And you get real-time protection without intruding on your online experience.
The QuickClean feature helps you to clean your Firestick to improve security and speed. Further, the feature lets you know, how much space you can free on the device. In case if you have deleted a file permanently on your device, you can recover it with the Shredder tool available in the software. The starting price of the software is $29.99 and if you want to connect unlimited devices you can get it for $159.99.
- Includes features like real-time malware detection, firewall, WiFi security and password manager.
- Gives you file shredder, cleaner, identity protection and VPN.
- Detects phishing websites.
- The software is user friendly and gives superb customer support.
- Comes with encrypted storage.
Webroot has earned excellent scores in protecting our devices. It is a lightweight cloud-based program with a lot of security features. Webroot is a good malware scanner and excellent password manager. It sells three “SecureAnywhere” antivirus software packages at prices competitive with similar plans from other software. The software updates in the background whenever it identifies a new threat. It comes with two types of scans that is on-access and on-demand. Webroot detects 99% of malware on your Firestick.
Password Manager is powered by LastPass which uses Touch ID to log into accounts rather than manually entering credentials. LastPass password manager is one of the best password managers available in the market. With this software, you can schedule a deep scan or quick scan on a daily or weekly basis. The price ranges from $29.99 to $109.99. You get 70 days money-back guarantee and 14 days free trial too.
- Offers you two-factor authentication options.
- Has secured password sharing and password security auditing.
- It has low priced subscriptions.
- You get firewall and webcam protection in all pricing levels.
- It brings you anti-phishing technology.
VirusTotal is another best and most used antivirus for Firestick. It scans your device fast to find out any suspicious files. The interface of the software is clear and easy to use. With this software, you can scan all the apps in less than 5 minutes using hash technology. You can scan any file up to 550 MB for free via their online portal. For your Firestick, you can sideload its apk file. Further, this tool works great for scanning Filelinked codes if you are a user of Filelinked on Firestick. Whenever you download a file or program it scans and removes the dangerous addons it holds. Using this software, detect real-time viruses, worms, trojans and malware content on your Firestick. However, you don’t get real-time protection in this tool.
- You can scan online files on any device using VirusTotal software.
- There are several browser extensions available to download files directly with the web application.
- It includes many features like upload and scan files, submit and scan URLs, finished scan reports and more.
- The software makes automatic comments on URLs and samples.
- It scans all the applications in the device to make sure that they are malware-free.
Malwarebytes antivirus is a well-known tool for malicious software removal. It is a trustworthy and lightweight antivirus software for Firestick. It scans all your activities and gives you real-time protection. This tool uses advanced virus detection techniques and provides lots of security features to protect your Firestick device. Further, it is available for free as well as in the premium version. In the free version, you get only limited features. It uses advanced security technique which deals with the exploit attacks against security flaws and software vulnerabilities in applications.
In this software, you get a quick scan, custom scan and threat scan options. Malwarebytes Browser Guard is a free extension on Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Further, it blocks ads and protects you against third-party trackers, malware, scams and PUPs. It also functions like a VPN and the service covers 30 countries with 240 servers. If you want a simple antivirus with real-time protection, then you should go for Malwarebytes antivirus software. The premium version costs $23 per month and premium+ privacy costs $59.99 with 14 days free trial.
- You get threat prevention, web protection and ransomware protection.
- It functions like a VPN as well.
- Your connection is protected by 256-bit encryption.
- The software protects your Firestick from malware, virus, adware and phishing sites.
- It is easy to use and the app works with other antivirus tools.
Bitdefender is the ultimate antivirus for your Firestick. It is known for its performance and efficient malware removal. It gives you real-time protection and includes many extra security features like anti-phishing and spam filters. Further, it comes with an in-built VPN. During testing, Bitdefender blocked 100% of threads. With Advanced Threat Defense, you can monitor all processes running on the device. Ransomware remediation creates a backup for all your files, so if you lose the data in case of a ransomware attack. you can rectify the files.
This software uses behavioural threat detection to prevent infections. If you install this software on your Firestick, you need not worry about losing your data or money. It is easy to operate and fast to react in case of attack. Bitdefender has a great interface and is easy to understand. It is so affordable and you also get 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Its flexibility adapts to your hardware specifications.
- It automatically installs the required system updates.
- You get multi-layered ransomware protection.
- The app gives you solid tracking protection.
- Customer support is available on all editions.
- It offers you password manager and parental controls.
These are the best antivirus for Firestick that you must use to protect your device. They help you scan specific files for any malware or unknown malicious patterns. With these antivirus apps, you let your Firestick be completely protected. Hope this section helped you find the best antivirus for your device. If you want to share anything about this article, make use of the comments section.