Apple TV is a subscription-based streaming service that was developed by Apple Inc. With this streaming service, you can watch your favorite movies and TV shows from the comfort of your home. And you only need an Apple ID with a subscription to the Apple TV Plus. Also, you can find Apple TV Originals in this streaming service, and you only have to pay $4.99 per month to get access to the Apple TV app. So, if you want to get the Apple TV app on your Firestick, the following guide will be useful to you.
NOTE: You need an Apple TV Plus subscription to get access to the Apple TV app. To subscribe to Apple TV Plus, you can visit https://tv.apple.com/.
How to Download and Install Apple TV on Firestick
The Apple TV app is available in the Amazon App Store. So, you can install the app directly on your Fire TV from the Amazon App Store. Also, the following step-by-step procedure will guide you through the same query.
1. Turn on your Firestick-connected TV and go to the home screen.
2. Then, select the Find tab.
3. Next, choose the Search tile below the Find tab.
4. With the virtual keyboard displayed on-screen, enter and search for the Apple TV app.
5. Choose the Apple TV app from the Apps & Games section.
6. On the App description page, select the Get or Download button.
7. Now, the Apple TV app will start to download.
8. Once the Apple TV app is downloaded, it will be automatically installed on your Fire TV.
9. After the Apple TV app is installed, select the Install button.
Related: How to Access Freeview on Firestick
Alternative Method – How to Install Apple TV on Firestick
If you can’t install the Apple TV app from the Amazon App Store, you can use the sideloading method to get the Apple TV app on your Fire TV. And the only thing you have to do is to install the Downloader on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
Pre – Requisite
1. Once you install the Downloader app, you need to tweak the settings on your Fire TV. To do that, go to the Settings on your Fire TVs home screen.
2. From the Settings, choose My Fire TV.
3. Then, select the Developer options.
4. Now, choose the Install Unknown Apps from the Developer options section.
5. Scroll and find the Downloader app. Then, select the app.
6. If the Downloader app is turned off, turn it on.
Sideload Apple TV on Firestick using Downloader
After tweaking the Settings on your Fire TV, you can follow the steps below to get the Apple TV app.
1. Launch the Downloader app.
2. Then, Accept the Terms & Conditions of the Downloader app.
3. From the home screen of the Downloader, select the URL Box.
4. In the URL Box, input the URL of the APK File of the Apple TV app (https://bit.ly/3wmPyI1).
5. Next, select the Go button to download the Apple TV app.
6. Now, you can see that the Apple TV app download is started.
7. Once the Apple TV app download is complete, select the Install button.
8. Finally, within minutes, the Apple TV app will be installed on your Fire Stick.
Related: How to watch Hulu on Firestick
How to Activate and Watch Apple TV on Firestick
After installing the Apple TV app on your Fire TV, you can follow the steps below to activate the Apple TV app.
1. After installing the Apple TV app, launch it.
2. Click on the Start Watching button.
3. Next, select the Settings icon from the upper right corner and choose the Accounts option.
4. From the Accounts section, select the Sign In button.
5. Finally, you will be provided with three options to login into the Apple TV app.
- Sign In On Mobile Devices
- Sign In On This TV
- Create Apple ID
Sign In on Mobile Devices
If you choose this option, you can follow the instructions below to get your Apple TV app activated from your mobile devices.
1. Once you choose the Sign In On Mobile Devices option, you will be presented with an activation code, activation link, and QR code. Note the activation code down.
2. You can either visit https://activate.apple.com or scan the QR Code to enter the activation code.
3. After entering the activation code, click on the Continue button.
4. Login with your Apple TV Plus credentials to verify your account.
5. Finally, the Apple TV app will be activated on your Fire TV.
Afterward, you can stream all your favorites on the Apple TV app.
Sign In On This TV
With this option selected, you only have to sign in with your Apple ID that you have used to subscribe to the Apple TV Plus. After that, you can stream your favorites on the Apple TV app.
Create Apple ID
An Apple ID is required to access the Apple TV app. So, if you don’t have an account, you can follow the steps below to create a new Apple ID to access the Apple TV app.
1. Once you select the Create Apple ID option. You will be presented with an activation code and a QR Code to activate the Apple TV app.
2. Visit the URL https://activate.apple.com on a web browser and enter the activation code. Next, click on the Continue button.
3. After that, you can create your brand new Apple ID and get a subscription to the Apple TV Plus.
After you successfully subscribe to the Apple TV Plus. You can relaunch the Apple TV app on your Fire TV to stream your favorites.
Why Connect to a VPN on Firestick
The only reason you need to connect to a VPN is to safeguard your privacy. This is because, in recent days, online attacks are not predictable. And any time, our device can get hacked. And this may cause a potential threat to our privacy. However, we can prevent this attack from happening by connecting to the best VPN on Firestick. The VPN uses high-level encryption technologies like the AES type 256-bit encryption system. And this technology will help us protect our privacy from hackers while we are streaming or browsing online. In addition, the use of a VPN can help us to unblock the geo-restricted content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Apple TV app is available for Firestick.
Yes, the Apple TV app is available in the Amazon App Store.
The reason is that the Apple TV app may not be available on your Fire TV in your region. However, you can use the sideloading method and connect to the VPN to access the Apple TV app.
You have to pay $4.99 per month to access the Apple TV app.
To cancel the Apple TV subscription on your Fire TV, go to Settings > Users & Accounts > Subscriptions. Then, choose the Apple TV app and cancel the subscription.
Check that if you have an active subscription to the Apple TV Plus and try again.