Vudu is one of the very few subscription-free streaming apps available for Android, iOS, and Windows PC. However, those Amazon Fire Stick users can use it as an alternative to the pricey subscription-based services. You can stream the latest movies, TV shows, and other content. Besides streaming, you can use Vudu on Firestick to rent or buy from more than 100,000 titles. Access thousands of titles from a multitude of genres for free. With limited commercials, you will get something to stream on high quality.
Related: How to Install Sling TV on Firestick / Fire TV
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
Features of Vudu on Firestick
- Vudu is not only subscription-free but also free from contracts and credit checks.
- Stream videos online or download and watch the entire library in offline mode.
- Stream Vudu exclusives for free at any time on any device.
- You can stream 4K UHD quality videos in Dolby Vision HDR or Dolby Atmos audio.
How to Install Vudu on Firestick
Since the Vudu app is available in the Amazon App Store, you can easily install the app on your Fire TV. Also, the following steps will help you with the same.
1. Turn on your Fire TV and go to the home screen.
2. Then, from the home screen, select the Find tab.
3. Next, choose the Search tile.
4. Use the virtual keyboard displayed on the screen to enter and search for the VUDU app.
5. Then, choose the VUDU app from the search result.
6. Now, select the Get or Download button.
7. The VUDU app will now start to download.
8. Next, after downloading the VUDU app, it will be automatically installed on your Fire TV.
9. After installing the VUDU app, select the Open button.
Alternative Method – How to Get VUDU on Firestick
If you can’t find the VUDU app on your Fire TV, it means that the app is unavailable in your region. But you don’t have to worry because you can use the sideloading method to get the VUDU app on your Fire TV. Also, the following methods will help you with the same.
- Using ES File Explorer
- Using Downloader
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
To sideload Vudu on Fire TV, you should make the following changes first.
#1. Click on the Firestick Settings at first.
#2. Navigate to the left and select My Fire TV or Devices.
#3. Select the Developer Options on the next screen.
#4. Tap to enable the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
#5. On the pop-up, click on Turn On to confirm changes.
Install Vudu on Firestick using Downloader
If you have the Downloader app on Firestick already installed, then Vudu can be sideloaded on Fire TV easily.
#1. Tap on the My Apps & Channels option of Firestick from its main page.
#2. Search for the Downloader app and click on it to launch it.
#3. When it prompts you to access your device as a pop-up, hit Allow button.
#4. Type the URL of the Vudu app under the Home tab as https://bit.ly/3Pqu59R.
#5. Further, you have to tap on the GO option to download Vudu on Fire TV.
#7. Wait for the app to download.
#8. After the Vudu app is downloaded, accept the permission by clicking the Next button.
#9. On the next screen, hover to tap on the Install option.
#10. After that, click on the Open button to launch Vudu app on the Amazon Fire Stick.
Install Vudu on Firestick using ES File Explorer
Follow the steps given below to install the Vudu app on Firestick using ES File Explorer. Click here to download ES File Explorer on Firestick.
#1. On your Firestick, click on the My Apps & Channels first.
#2. Scroll to select ES File Explorer app from the apps list.
#3. Choose the Tools menu. After that, click on Download Manager.
#4. Navigate to the bottom of the screen to select the + New icon.
#5. Provide the URL of the Vudu app as https://bit.ly/3Pqu59R name is Vudu.
#6. Further, click Download Now button. Wait for the Vudu server to connect with File Explorer.
#7. Hover to click on the Open File menu on the popup shown.
#8. Now, hit the Install button to start Vudu downloading on Fire TV.
#9. When prompted, click again on the Install option.
#10. Finally, select the Open button to launch Vudu on Amazon Fire Stick.
Related: How to Install Redbox on Firestick / Fire TV
How to Use VUDU on Firestick
The following methods will help you with Setting up the VUDU on Firestick:
1. Long press the Home button on your Fire TV remote until a menu appears on the screen.
2. From the menu displayed on-screen, select the Apps tab.
3. Then, scroll down and find the VUDU app. Next, select it.
4. Now, press the Menu (Three Vertical Dots) button on your Fire TV remote.
5. Choose the Move option.
6. Use the directional keys on your Fire TV remote to select and drag the VUDU app to the top.
7. Finally, the VUDU app will be added to the home screen of your Firestick.
8. Go back to the home screen and select it. Then, launch the app.
9. Select the Sign Up button and enter the credentials required to sign up to VUDU.
NOTE: If you already have an account, you can click on the Sign In button to sign in to your account directly.
10. Choose the Browse Vudu option.
11. Hit the Sign In button from the upper right corner.
12. Enter your account details to sign in to your account.
13. Finally, you can rent or buy your favorite movies and watch them on the VUDU platform.
Why Use a VPN on Firestick
Nowadays, VPN is necessary to stream or browse anything on your streaming device safely. The VPN tool uses a high-level encryption system to protect your privacy. So, you will not be bothered by hackers. Another important thing is that using VPN technology can unblock geo-restrictions. So, you can stream your favorites from anywhere in the world. And the only thing you have to do is to connect to the best VPN on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, VUDU is available on the Amazon Firestick, which is free to download.
Yes, you can get VUDU on Fire TV.