JioTV is an online video streaming app in which you can stream movies, TV shows, series, music, sports, and more as it has more than 600 TV channels and live shows. You can any live sports match or any live events with this app. It is a perfect alternative for a cable TV subscription. You don’t need to pay extra money to stream TV channels. If you have a valid internet data pack, you can stream all the JioTV channels for free. Let us see how to download and install JioTV on Amazon Firestick easily.
JioTV is exclusively available for Jio customers. Other network users can’t get access to JioTV. The app is available on Android and iOS smartphones. With the JioTV app, you can get instant access to all the TV programs. It allows you to stream the videos in different qualities.
Related: How to install Swift Streamz on Firestick?
The smartphone app JioTV comes with smart features too. Here are the features of JioTV.
- JioTV has more than 600 live channels and 100+ HD channels in its gazette.
- It has video content from all the categories like movies, music, sports, business, education, infotainment, kids and more.
- With JioTV, you can’t miss any new updates and even watch past live events.
- You can choose your liked channels and mark it as your favourite. Stream your favourite videos at your convenience.
- You can stream all the trending and popular events.
Below are some features added with the recent update to the Jio TV app.
- With the 7 days catch-up feature, you won’t miss your favorite shows.
- Also, you have the option to record your favorite shows to watch later.
- With the Featured tab, learn about all the trending and popular shows on Jio TV.
- Also, with the News tab, you will get updates about the latest news in India.
Why Do I Want to Use Mouse Toggler with Jio TV?
Jio TV app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store. Unfortunately, that means that the Jio TV app is incompatible with your Fire TV. Incompatible in the meaning, some applications work only with touch screens. However, you can break this incompatibility by installing the Mouse Toggle on Firestick. This application will help with a cursor in place to access the Jio TV app. Also, you can follow the detailed guide below to install the Jio TV on Firestick.
How to Install and Watch JioTV on Amazon Fire Stick
JioTV is not available in Amazon App Store. Instead, you need to install the app from third-party sources.
- Using Downloader
- Using ES File Explorer
To install any app from sources other than the Amazon App Store, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources on Firestick
Follow the below instructions to turn on App from Unknown Sources.
1. Go to the Settings in your Home Screen of your Amazon Firestick.
2. Choose My Fire TV or Devices in the Settings menu.
3. Tap Developer Options in the list of options displayed.
4. In the Developer Options menu, click Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on if it is turned off.
5. Click Turn On to confirm your selection.
6. Turn On ADB debugging, too; similarly, you turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
Steps to Install Jio TV on Firestick using Downloader
Since JioTV is not available in the Amazon App Store, you need to have any third-party app downloader. Install Downloader for Firestick and launch the app.
1. While opening the app, click Allow if any pop-up prompts.
2. Click the Home button. Type the APK File link of JioTV in the search bar https://bit.ly/3KCC3JR and click Go.
3. Click the Next button to download the apk file of the app.
4. Now, click Install to start the installation process.
5. When the app is installed, click Open to run the JioTV app.
Related: How to install TeaTV on Firestick?
Steps to Install Jio TV on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is similar to the Downloader app. Install the ES File Explorer on Firestick if you find any inconvenience using the Downloader app.
1. Open the ES File Explorer app.
2. Click the Downloader icon in the window.
3. Tap the +New icon at the bottom of the window.
4. In the Path area, type the JioTV app URL https://bit.ly/3KCC3JR. In the Name area, type the name of the app and click Download Now.
5. When you get the Downloaded successfully screen, click Open File.
6. Now, click Install and wait for the installation to finish.
7. Tap Open to launch the app.
Now the app will be listed on your Amazon Firestick apps list.
Steps to Cast Jio TV on Firestick
When you try to open the app, if you get this error message “Your device is not compatible with JioTV Firestick,” close the app and follow this simple solution to the error. In the meantime, you can install the Mouse Toggle to clear this error. However, you can watch Jio TV without installing it on your Fire TV. You can do the same by casting the Jio TV app on your Fire TV from Android Smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and smart TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote until the Menu appears. Choose Mirroring feature.
3. On your smartphone, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. In the list of devices, tap your Firestick TV.
5. Now, open the JioTV app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
NOTE: If you haven’t installed the Jio TV app, you can install it from the Google Play Store.
6. Now, choose and play any content to watch on your Fire TV.
How to Connect to a VPN and Unblock the Geo-Restriction
Jio TV is available only in India. So, if you are going to fly abroad, you can connect to a VPN to unblock the geo-restriction and watch free movies wherever you are.
1. Go to Find > Search from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Search for the ExpressVPN app using the virtual keyboard.
3. Select the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
4. Click on Get or Download button and install the ExpressVPN.
5. Next, select the Open button to launch the ExpressVPN.
6. Sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
7. Select the VPN server location as India.
8. Then, click on the Connect button.
9. Now, you can access Jio TV from anywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Jio TV is available for Firestick.
Yes, you can use Jio TV on Amazon Fire Stick outside India.
Yes, Jio TV is available on Amazon Fire Stick 4K.
Yes, you can cast the Jio TV app to your TV.
JioTV is one of the best and