The 80th Golden Globe Awards will be held on January 10, 2023, at The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, California, U.S. It will be hosted by an Emmy-award winner, Jerrod Carmichael. Unlike 2022, the 80th Golden Globes will be aired live on NBC and Peacock TV at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. You can either install NBC or Peacock TV to watch the Golden Globe Awards on Firestick. These apps for natively available on the Amazon App Store.
How to Watch Golden Globe Awards on Firestick
If you’re a Firestick user, you can install any of these apps to watch Golden Globe Awards.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- Peacock TV
Stream Golden Globe Awards using NBC
Go to the Amazon App Store to download and install NBC on Firestick. You can access NBC using streaming providers like fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, DirecTV Stream, YouTube TV, and Sling TV. Ensure that you have an active subscription to stream Golden Globe Awards.
How to Activate NBC to Watch Golden Globe Awards
#1. Launch the NBC app on Firestick.
#2. Click on My Profile and choose Sign In under NBCUniversal Profile.
#3. It will display a 7-digit activation code on the TV screen.
#4. Then go to nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate from a web browser.
#5. Enter the activation code and tap Continue.
#6. Next, you have to log in with your TV provider to start streaming NBC.
NBC Supported TV Providers
|AT & T U-verse||Frontier||Sparklight||Verizon|
How to Install Peacock TV on Firestick
Once you sign up and subscribe, now it is time to install the Peacock on your Firestick device.
1. Press the home button on the Firestick remote to load the home page.
2. On the FIrestick homepage, select the Find option.
3. Then, select the Search tile.
4. Type Peacock TV using the virtual keyboard and select the same from the suggestions below.
5. Select the Peacock TV app
6. Click on the Download or Get option.
7. Wait for the download and installation to complete.
8. Once installed you can launch the app by pressing Open.
Note: You can also sideload Peacock TV using a Downloader if you can’t find Peacock TV on the Amazon App Store.
How to Sign Up for Peacock TV
1. From a web browser, go to the Peacock TV official website.
2. Click on Pick a Plan and select a subscription plan of your choice.
3. Create an account on the next page by providing the necessary details.
4. You will then receive a confirmation mail from Peacock TV.
5. Click on the activation link to verify your email address.
Once you do this, your Peacock TV account will be activated.
How to Activate Peacock TV on Firestick
1. Launch the Peacock TV app on Firestick.
2. Once the home screen appears, click Sign In.
3. Enter your registered email and password and click Continue to login into your Peacock account.
Once signed in, you can now watch the Golden Globe Awards on the Peacock app on Firestick
Alternate Ways to Watch Golden Globe Awards Without Cable
Firestick users can watch the Golden Globe Awards by subscribing to any of these TV streaming services.
fuboTV is an online TV streaming service dedicated to live sports and TV shows. With a fuboTV subscription, you can stream the top channels in the US. Firestick users can watch the Golden Globe Awards live on the NBC channel. fuboTV subscription costs $64.99 per month with a 7-day free trial.
Sling TV is the most popular American cord-cutter in the market. It has two subscription plans – Sling Blue ($40/mo) and Sling Orange ($40/mo). To watch the Golden Globe Awards on Firestick, you should subscribe to the Sling Blue plan because NBC is not available on Sling Orange.
YouTube TV is a streaming service to watch English and Spanish channels. You can watch 100+ channels including NBC with a subscription of $64.99 per month with a 14-day free trial. For more channels, you can subscribe to premium add-ons such as Cinemax, HBO, Acorn TV, etc.
Hulu + Live TV is a value-for-money live TV streaming service that costs $7.99/mo. It hosts various live TV channels, live sports events, on-demand films, and TV series. NBC is included in a base plan so you can stream Golden Globe Awards without getting an add-on plan.
How to Watch Golden Globe Awards Outside the US
Peacock TV and some cord-cutter options mentioned above are only available in the US and some countries. If you’re unable to access the Peacock TV or NBC channel in your region, use a VPN service like NordVPN with a subscription.
1. Go to the NordVPN website and subscribe to one of their plans.
2. Install NordVPN on your Firestick device.
3. Launch NordVPN and sign in to your account that has a subscription.
4. From the list of countries, select the US and connect to its server.
Once you have connected to a US server, you can access Peacock TV and the NBC channel from any location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Subscribe to either fuboTV or YouTube TV to get a limited free trial. Then, you can watch Golden Globe Awards live. Make sure to cancel the free trial before it ends.