Amazon Firestick is a media streaming device revolutionizing the streaming world. With this device, you can access different kinds of movies, TV shows, and live TV on your big screen over the internet. It has its own Amazon store with thousands of Firestick supported apps and games. The Alexa voice support is one of its specialized features which helps you to navigate between options through voice commands. Firestick supports high-quality video resolution up to 4K Ultra HD, giving a better streaming experience. Apart from streaming, you can do various functions like web browsing, viewing photos, searching for the nearest places, changing or setting the screensaver, etc. Now, let’s see how to change the screensaver on your Firestick device.
Related: How to update apps on Firestick
How to Change Amazon Firestick Screensaver
By default, Firestick is activated with the screensaver; it is possible with Firestick settings if you want to set your preferred image as a screensaver. There are two options to change your screensaver on your Fire TV. First, you may change the screensaver with the default pre-loaded Firestick images. Another option is to set your personal photos as your Firestick screensaver.
Read also: How to Turn on Amazon Firestick
Enable Screensaver on Firestick
The following are the steps you can use to enable the screensaver on your Firestick connected TV:
1. Go to your Fire TV home and select Settings.
2. Select the Display & Audio option.
3. Enter your Amazon PIN to validate your selection.
4. From the Display & Audio section, select Screensaver.
5. In the Screensaver Settings section, select the Start Time option.
6. Make sure that the Never option is not selected. The Never option selection means that the Screen Saver feature is disabled on your Fire TV.
Set Default Images as Firestick Screensaver
After enabling the SCreensaver on your Fire TV, you can follow the steps below to change the SCreensaver on your Firestick-connected TV.
1. Turn on your Firestick-connected TV and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Settings menu from the home screen.
3. Select Display and Sounds under settings. It will display the list of menu options on your screen.
4. Select the Screensaver option. It will display the Screensaver Settings options.
5. Click on the Current Screensaver option.
6. Choose any available options to set the screensaver images on your Fire TV interface.
- Amazon Collection
- Daily Memories
- Your Photos
- Recent Photos
- Sioux Falls, SD
7. Now, you can choose any screensaver images you want from the desired section.
8. Finally, you have changed the screensaver on your Fire TV.
Set Your Personal Photos as Firestick Screensaver
It is possible to view your photos stored on your smartphones or PC on your Firestick TV screen. But if you want to set your photos as a screensaver, it is done by using the Amazon Photos app.
1. Connect your Firestick with the HDMI port on the TV and open the Firestick using your Amazon account credentials.
2. Now download and install the Amazon Photos app on your smartphone (Android or iPhone).
Download Link for Android Smartphone: Amazon Photos
Download Link for iOS Smartphone: Amazon Photos
3. Once the app is installed, click Open. The login in page will appear on the screen.
4. Enter your Amazon Account login credentials (same used on Firestick) to enter into the app.
5. Upload all your photos to the Amazon photos app.
6. Now, open the Settings menu on your Firestick.
7. Select the Preference option.
8. Choose the Screensaver Settings option.
9. Click Current screensavers.
10. All the photos from your Amazon Photos app are shown on the Firestick screen. Select the image which you wish to set as your Firestick Screen saver.
Now, the screensaver for your device is set with your personal photos.
Read also: Screen Mirror any device to Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can change the screensaver on Firestick.
You can change the Screensaver on your Fire TV from your device Settings or from your Smartphones.