Google Photos is a photo gallery to store photos and videos online. It is entirely free to access and requires a Google account. The Google account helps you in viewing the photos from any device by signing in with the same account. You can install Google Photos on Firestick to view the photos and videos that you have in your account. Let’s look into the steps to install Google Photos on Firestick/ Fire TV.
Features of Google Photos
- Google Photos offers free cloud storage of 15GB to save photos, videos and reduce the storage space in the devices.
- It can make collages, short videos of the stored photos on specific occasions and days.
- The photos stored in high quality can be retrieved in the same quality anytime and can be shared with anyone through email or any medium.
- It offers a unique search option to find photos of people and places.
- It has some advanced editing tools like filters, lighting effects, and more that help in modifying the images instantly.
Install Google Photos on Firestick
The Google Photos app can be installed on Firestick through sideloading since it is unavailable in the Amazon App Store. You can download the app using
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- ES File Explorer
1. Start Firestick and tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
2. Choose My Fire TV and select Developer Options.
3. Click Apps from Unknown Sources and tap Turn On to install third-party apps.
Google Photos on Firestick Using Downloader
With the help of the Downloader on Firestick, you can sideload apps. And the following steps will guide you with installing Google Photos on Firestick.
1. After installing the Downloader, select Open to launch the app and click Allow in the prompt.
2. Enter the Google Photos app URL (https://bit.ly/3NE99LV) in the browser and select the Go button.
3. Now, the Google Photos app will start to download.
4. After downloading the Google Photos app, click the Install button from the pop-up window.
5. Now, the Google Photos app will be installed on your Firestick.
6. After installing the Google Photos app, select the Open button.
7. Next, sign in with your Google account and start accessing the Google Photos app on your Fire TV.
Google Photos on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
Install the ES File Explorer on Firestick and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the ES File Explorer after installation and select Downloader from the home screen.
2. In the next screen, tap the New+ icon at the bottom to install the app on Firestick.
3. Enter Google Photos URL (https://bit.ly/3NE99LV) in the Path and give the name Google Photos.
4. Click Download Now to download the file and select Open File.
5. Now, Select Install to install the app and click Install again on the further screen.
6. Tap Open to launch Google Photos on Firestick.
Finally, you can access the photos you saved on Google Photos or upload a new one right from your Fire TV.
How to Cast Google Photos to Firestick
With the steps below, you can learn how to cast Google Photos to Fire Stick.
Note: Before following the steps below, long-press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select Mirroring. Then, keep the Mirroring tab open and follow the steps below:
1. Connect your Firestick and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Google Photos app on your Android Smartphone.
NOTE: If the Google Photos app isn’t pre-installed on your Android Smartphone, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
3. Sign in to your account if you haven’t done it already.
4. Then, bring down the Notification Panel and select Cast.
5. Now, select your Firestick device.
6. Next, you can select any photos on the Google Photos app, and they will display on your Fire TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install the Google Photos app on Firestick 4K to view the photos.
Yes, you can cast photos on Fire TV.