Freeview is an over-the-top (OTT) streaming service for the UK terrestrial television content. With this platform, you can completely stream your favorites for free. Also, the Freeview app is one of the best Live TV app for Firestick. But the Freeview app is available only in the United Kingdom. However, you can connect to the best VPN on Firestick to stream on Freeview wherever you are. Thereby, you can watch Freeview on Firestick for binge-watching your favorite TV shows and series. But, there is no standalone app available for Firestick. Instead, you can sideload the android version of Freeview on your Amazon Firestick to watch live TV and other popular movies.
Table of Contents
Features of Freeview
- Freeview offers 70+ SD channels and 15 HD channels for live streaming.
- It covers almost 95% of the nation’s favorite TV shows, movies, and series for 20,000+ hours of streaming.
- The in-built TV guide provides the complete schedule of upcoming TV shows.
- The contents from BBC iPlayer, itv Hub, My5, UK TV Play, CBS Catchup channels, All 4, Horror Bites, Pop Player, BBC Sounds, Stv Player, and much more are available in the app.
- Freeview HD recorder is useful in downloading shows and movies offline streaming. It also has the facility to pause, record, and replay live streaming.
How to Install Freeview on Firestick/ Fire TV
The Freeview app is unavailable on Firestick. However, you can use the sideloading method to get the Freeview app.
- ES File Explorer
Since you are going to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources, you need to tweak the Settings on your Firestick device.
(1). Plug in the Firestick device to the TV HDMI port and start Firestick.
(2). On the Home screen, select Settings at the top and click My Fire TV.
(3). Click Developer Options and tap Apps from Unknown Sources.
(4). Select Turn On in the prompt to make Firestick ready for sideloading.
Steps to Install Freeview on Firestick using Downloader
With the Downloader app, you can sideload any type of Android APKs to Firestick. Also, you can get the Downloader app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store. So, it will be easy for you to sideload the Freeview app on your Firestick device-connected TV.
#1 Turn on your Fire TV and go to the home screen.
#2 From the home screen, select the Find tab.
#3 Next, choose the Search tile.
#4 Enter and search for the Downloader using the virtual keyboard and choose the same app from the Apps & Games section.
#5 Click Get to download the app and select Open to launch Downloader app.
#6 Tap Allow in the prompt and Select Enable Java scripts in the settings.
#7 In the home screen, enter the Freeview APK File URL(https://bit.ly/3uVRIQ0) and click Go to download the file.
#8 After downloading, select Install to install the app on Firestick.
#9 Click Open to launch Freeview and start streaming your favorite channels.
Steps to Install Freeview on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer on Firestick is also another type of sideloading application that you can get to sideload the Freeview app.
(1): From your Firestick’s home screen, select Find > Search.
(2): Use your Fire TV remote to enter on the virtual keyboard as ES File Explorer and search for the app.
(3): Under the Apps & Games section, select the ES File Explorer app.
(4): Select Get or Download to install the app on Firestick.
(5): Click Open to launch ES File Explorer app and tap Downloader on the home screen.
(6): Select New+ at the bottom to install a new app on Firestick.
(7): On the Path, enter the Freeview APK File URL(https://bit.ly/3uVRIQ0) and type the name Freeview.
(8): Click Download Now to download the file and select Open File.
(9): After that, select Install to install the app and click Install again on the next screen.
(10): Tap Open to launch Freeview on Firestick and choose the content for streaming.
How to Install a VPN and Watch Freeview from Anywhere in the World
Freeview is only available in the United Kingdom. So, if you are residing outside the UK, you can connect to a VPN to stream the content of Freeview. And ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs. So, you can find how to install ExpressVPN on Firestick to watch Freeview.
1. Go to your Firestick home screen and select the Find tab.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Search for the ExpressVPN app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
5. Click on Get or Download button to get ExpressVPN.
6. Then, launch the ExpressVPN app.
7. Sign in with your subscription account.
8. Choose the VPN server as the UK and select the Connect button.
9. Now, launch the Freeview app from the Your Apps & Channels section.
10. Sign in to your account if required.
11. Select any movie and watch it for free.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Freeview on Firestick
With the built-in mirroring feature on Firestick, you will be able to mirror the Freeview app from your Android Smartphone.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Next, search and install the Freeview app.
3. After that, on your Firestick device, long-press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and select the Mirroring tab.
4. Next, connect your Android Smartphone and Firestick-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. Then, go to the Notification Panel on your Android Smartphone and tap on the Cast icon.
6. Now, choose your Firestick device from the list of available devices section.
7. Launch the Freeview app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose and play any of your favorites to watch it on your Firestick device-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can Sideload the Freeview app and watch its channels on Firestick.
Now, however, you can connect to a VPN to access Freeview.
Connect to a strong internet connection and try again.