Freeview is an over-the-top (OTT) streaming service for UK terrestrial television content. With this platform, you can stream live TV channels and on-demand content. You can stream BBC iPlayer, ITVX, My5, UK TV Play, CBS Catchup channels, All 4, Horror Bites, Pop Player, BBC Sounds, Stv Player, and much more. The Freeview app is one of the best live TV apps for Firestick. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated app for Firestick. However, you can sideload the Freeview APK on your Amazon Firestick using a Downloader or ES File Explorer.
- Freeview offers 70+ SD channels and 15 HD channels for live streaming.
- It covers almost 95% of the nation’s favorite TV shows, movies, and series for 20,000+ hours of streaming.
- The in-built TV guide provides the complete schedule of upcoming TV shows.
- Freeview HD recorder is useful in downloading shows and movies offline streaming. It also has the facility to pause, record, and replay live streaming.
How to Install Freeview on Firestick/ Fire TV
The Freeview app is unavailable for Firestick. But, you can use the sideloading method to get the Freeview app.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- ES File Explorer
Since you are going to install apps on your Firestick from unknown sources, you need to tweak the Settings on your Firestick device.
(1) Plug in the Firestick device to the TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
(2) Go to the Firestick home screen, select Settings, and click My Fire TV.
(3) Click Developer Options and tap Apps from Unknown Sources.
(4) Select Turn On in the prompt to make Firestick ready for sideloading.
Tip: For some Firestick models, you have to click Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install unknown apps → Turn on Downloader or ES File Explorer.
How to Download Freeview on Firestick using Downloader
With the Downloader app, you can sideload any type of Android APKs to Firestick. Also, you can get the Downloader app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store. So, it will be easy for you to sideload the Freeview app on your Firestick device-connected TV.
#1 Turn on your Fire TV and go to the home screen.
#2 From the home screen, select the Find tab.
#3 Next, choose the Search tile.
#4 Enter and search for the Downloader using the virtual keyboard and choose the same app from the Apps & Games section.
#5 Click Get to download the app and select Open to launch the Downloader app.
#7 In the home screen, enter the Freeview APK File URL and click Go to download the file.
#8 After downloading, select Install to install the app on Firestick.
#9 Click Open to launch Freeview and start streaming your favorite channels.
How to Get Freeview on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is another sideloading application that you can use to install the Freeview app.
(1) From your Firestick’s home screen, select Find > Search.
(2) Use your Fire TV remote to enter on the virtual keyboard as ES File Explorer and search for the app.
(3) Under the Apps & Games section, select the ES File Explorer app.
(4) Select Get or Download to install the app on Firestick.
(5) Click Open to launch ES File Explorer app and tap Downloader on the home screen.
(6) Select New+ at the bottom to install a new app on Firestick.
(7) On the Path, enter the Freeview APK File URL(bit.ly/3J2W4f8) and type the name Freeview.
(8) Click Download Now to download the file and select Open File.
(9) After that, select Install to install the app and click Install again on the next screen.
(10) Tap Open to launch Freeview on Firestick and choose the content for streaming.
How to Watch Freeview Outside the UK
Freeview is only available in the United Kingdom. So, if you are residing outside the UK, you can connect to a VPN to stream the content of Freeview. Follow the below instructions to install ExpressVPN and then watch Freeview on Firestick by connecting a VPN to any UK server.
1. Go to your Firestick home screen and select the Find tab.
2. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Search for the ExpressVPN app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search result.
5. Click on the Get or Download button to get ExpressVPN.
6. Then, launch the ExpressVPN app.
7. Sign in with your subscription account.
8. Choose the VPN server as the UK and select the Connect button.
9. Now, launch the Freeview Play on Amazon Fire Stick from the Your Apps & Channels section.
10. Sign in to your account if required.
11. Select any movie and watch it for free.
Note: Besides ExpressVPN, there are some best VPNs for Firestick to watch Freeview from any location without any geo-restriction.
Alternate Method: Screen Mirror Freeview on Firestick
With the built-in mirroring feature on Firestick, you will be able to mirror the Freeview app from your Android smartphone.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Next, search and install the Freeview app.
3. After that, long-press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick remote and select the Mirroring tab.
4. Next, connect your Android smartphone and Firestick-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. Then, go to the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap on the Cast icon.
6. Now, choose your Firestick device from the list of available devices section.
7. Launch the Freeview Play app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose and play any of your favorites to watch Freeview on your Firestick-connected TV.
Alternative Apps to Freeview
Other than Freeview, here are some streaming services available for Firestick for watching UK’s best TV shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can Sideload the Freeview app and watch its channels on Firestick.
Yes, Freeview is available for streaming in Australia.
If you are using the older version, update the app to the latest version and try again.
Go to Firestick Settings → Click on Applications → Manage Installed Applications → Select Freeview → Tap Uninstall.