- Install CTV on Firestick: Click Find → Search → Type CTV → Tap Download → Click Open to launch.
- Sideload CTV on Firestick: Enable Install unknown apps → Open Downloader → Enter the URL → Click Go → INSTALL → DONE.
- Stream CTV on Silk Browser: Open Silk Browser → Enter CTV URL → Click Go → Sign in → Start streaming.
CTV is a Canadian Television Network with various channels that covers a wide range of content. You can watch movies, TV series, comedies, lifestyle, science, news, and other content on CTV. It provides an unparalleled level of entertainment with an extensive collection of content that can’t be found anywhere else. CTV is a completely free service with no hidden fees or subscriptions, but you need to sign up with your TV Service Provider. This service is only available in Canada. CTV is officially available on the Amazon App Store, So Firestick users can directly install the CTV app.
How to Install CTV on Firestick
1. Press the Home button on the Firestick Remote to load the home screen.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
We recommend you get the Firestick Remote with this link.
2. On the Firestick home screen, select Find.
3. Click on the Search Tile.
4. Type CTV using the virtual keyboard and select the same from suggestions.
5. Select the CTV app.
6. Click on Get or Download.
7. Wait for the app to download and install.
8. Once the installation is complete, you can click the Open button to launch the app.
How to Sideload CTV on Firestick using Downloader
If you are unable to find CTV on the app store, you can sideload it through a third-party sideloading tool like the Downloader.
1. Select Find on the Firestick home screen and click on the Search tile.
2. Type Downloader and select the same from suggestions.
3. Install the Downloader app on the Firestick.
4. Now, go to Firestick Settings and click on My Fire TV.
5. Select the Developer Options.
6. Click on Install unknown apps.
7. Select the Downloader and turn it On to allow the Downloader sideload apps on the Firestick.
8. Now, open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
9. Select the search bar and enter the CTV app apk URL and click Go.
10. Once the apk download is complete, click INSTALL.
11. When the installation is over, click DONE.
12. Select the Delete option in the following two prompts to delete the apk file.
How to Use CTV on Firestick
1. From the Firestick home page, select the Apps icon.
2. Under Your Apps & Games, highlight the CTV app.
3. Press the menu button on the Firestick remote.
4. Click Move and move the CTV app to a position that is easy to access.
5. Now launch the CTV app on your Firestick.
6. On the launch of the app, it will display the activation code. Note it down.
7. Now, open the web browser on your smartphone or PC and head to the CTV activation site.
8. On the site that loads, select your TV Provider service and Sign In using the TV Provider sign-in credentials.
9. Now, enter the activation code.
10. Once the activation is complete, you can head back to the Firestick and start streaming the CTV content.
How to Watch CTV on Silk Browser
You can watch CTV on Firestick without downloading or sideloading the app on Firestick using the Amazon Silk Browser and the CTV website.
1. Install the Amazon Silk Browser on your Firestick if you don’t have it already installed.
2. Open the Amazon Silk Browser.
3. Type the URL: www.ctv.ca/ and click Go.
4. Click Sign In and log in with your TV Provider credentials.
5. Now select the content you want to stream and start streaming,
What is on CTV
Shows & Movies: Consists of recent and most popular TV shows and movies from the most popular studios on the planet.
Channels: Consist of All the CTV channels along with Discovery, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Discovery Velocity, Investigation Discovery, MTV, E1, and MUCH.
On Air: On Air consists of live streams on CTV channels.
My Library: This section contains your Watch List and Watch History. You can also continue watching movies and series from where you left off.
Extras: Consists of blogs on the latest hot topics, recipes, and styles. You can also listen to podcasts in this section.
Although CTV is one of the best all-in-one entertainment services, it is limited by its availability. Since CTV can be streamed only in Canada, here are some alternative apps for the CTV app to stream content on Firestick.
Sling TV is a subscription-based streaming service that streams live TV and on-demand content. With a Sling TV subscription, you can watch live sports, news, movies, and popular TV series.
YouTube TV is another popular subscription-based TV provider with which you can watch 100+ channels that streams sports and news. Moreover, you can enjoy on-demand movies and TV series on YouTube TV.
Hulu is an online video streaming service with a vast library of on-demand content and live channels. With a monthly subscription plan, you get access to live sports and popular movies, and TV series.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot watch CTV using a VPN outside Canada because to log in to the CTV account, you will need a Canadian cable TV provider’s sign-in credentials.
Unfortunately, CTV has no individual susbcription plan to watch CTV without cable.