Threads app is creating a lot of buzz on the internet. As of now, the app is available only for smartphones. For Firestick and other streaming devices, the app is yet to be released. If you want to use the Threads app on your Firestick, you need to sideload the app using third-party installers like Downloader. With the Threads app on Firestick, you can easily read all the short texts and watch videos and GIFs.
Though the Threads app is new and an alternative to Twitter, it is packed with too many new features. Some of the features are,
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- As the app is linked with Instagram, you can directly add a Threads post to your Instagram profile.
- If you are an existing Threads user, you can share your Threads post on Twitter with ease.
- You can post texts, videos, images, and GIFs on Threads with ease. But to download videos from Threads, you need to use any third-party tools.
- You can seamlessly switch to Threads and Instagram with a tap.
How to Sideload Threads on Firestick Using Downloader
To sideload apps on Firestick, you need to make some changes in the Fire TV Settings. The default settings on your Firestick won’t allow you to sideload apps from third-party sources. To change the settings,
1. Install the Downloader app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. On your Firestick, go to the Settings menu.
3. Choose the My Fire TV option on the Settings menu.
4. Select the About option and tap the Fire TV Stick option seven times. This will enable the Developer Mode on your Firestick.
5. Go back to the My Fire TV menu and select the Developer options on the next screen.
6. Scroll down to the Install Unknown Apps feature and tap on it.
7. You will get a list of apps. Select the Downloader app and turn on the feature.
8. Now, open the Downloader app on your Firestick. Click the Allow button if any pop-up appears.
9. Click the Home button to get the search bar.
10. Enter the Threads APK download link (https://tinyurl.com/v6hshv68) and click the Go button.
11. The Threads APK file will be downloaded. Tap the Install button on the next screen.
12. Now, click the Delete button to delete the APK file. Then, click the Open button to launch the app.
How to Use Threads on Firestick
To use the Threads app, you can use your Instagram credentials. If you don’t have an Instagram account, create an account from the Instagram website.
1. Go to the My Apps section and open the Threads app.
2. When you open the app, you will be asked to use your Instagram credentials. Verify your Instagram credentials and log in to the Threads app.
3. Now, you will get the Threads feed on your Firestick.
4. Post a new thread on the app with cool images and videos.
Similarly, you can sideload and use the Instagram app on Firestick.
No, the Threads app is not available for Firestick and Fire TVs. You need to sideload the app using third-party downloaders.
No, the Threads web platform (threads.net) won’t offer any features now. All you can get from the website is the download link for the Threads app.