- Delete Favorites: Home → Settings → Live TV → Favorite Channels → Choose the Channel → Remove the Heart icon.
- Delete Recently Watched: Profile → Recently Watched → Choose the video title → Remove from Recently Watched.
- Delete Recommended TV Shows: Your Videos or Because you watched section → Select the video title → Hamburger button → Remove from List.
Firestick or Fire TV Stick always comes with limited storage. At times, you have to delete apps on Firestick to free up the memory. Apart from apps and games, personalized settings like Favorites, Silk Browser history, and website caches will occupy more of your streaming device’s memory. To clean up that space, you must delete the Favorites from your Firestick or Fire TV.
How to Remove Channels from Favorites on Firestick
All the channels that are marked with the Heart icon will be listed on the Favorite Channels in the Live TV section.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
1. Locate the Firestick home screen by pressing the Home button.
2. Click the Settings icon on the home screen.
3. Scroll down and select Live TV.
4. Next, click the Manage Channels option.
5. Under the Manage Channels section, select an app.
6. Now, you will see all the channels of the app.
7. Hit the Favorites tab and navigate to the channel you want to delete.
8. Press the Select button on your Fire TV remote to delete the channel from the Favorites list. After removing the channel, the Heart icon will be unmarked.
How to Hide Channels on Firestick
1. Navigate to Firestick Settings and click Live TV.
2. Tap the option Manage Channels and select your desired app.
3. Navigate to the Channel you intend to hide on Firestick.
4. Press the Play/Pause button to hide the channels on your Firestick.
How to Delete Recently Watched on Firestick
On the Fire TV’s home screen, you will get a list of complete shows and video titles in the Recently Watched menu. If you want, you can remove a specific video title or all the shows. to do so,
1. Select the Profile that you want to delete recently watched shows.
2. Scroll down and go to the Recently Watched section from the home screen.
3. Choose the item you want to delete.
4. Press the Menu button on your remote control.
5. Select the Remove from Recently Watched option.
6. The selected video titles will be deleted from the list.
How to Remove Recommended TV Shows on Firestick
With Firestick’s personalized recommendations, you will get movie and series suggestions on the home screen. If you are not interested in a specific video title, you can remove it.
1. Go to the personalized category section. Your Videos, Because you watched, or any other similar section. Based on your Firestick, it will vary.
2. Search and select the suggestion you wish to delete.
3. Press the Hamburger (Menu) button on your Firestick remote control.
4. Scroll down and select the Remove from List option.
5. The suggestion you selected will be removed from the recommendations list.
You cannot remove entries from the categories such as Next Up for You and Popular movie section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. If you factory reset your Firestick, it will remove all the favorites, recently watched, and all the other user-defined data.
Navigate to Settings → Click Live TV → Tap Manage Channels → Select the app → Choose a channel → Tap the Select button on the remote to add channels to the Favorites list.