Firestick is a well-known streaming device that streams all your favorite content in high quality, including 4K. It comes with the Alexa remote to play, pause, rewind videos, and play music. If your Firestick remote is not working, or you are facing any other issues, you can use the keyboard to navigate Firestick. Further, if you sideload the third-party app, which couldn’t be navigated through the remote, you can connect the keyboard to navigate the app easily. You can connect both wired and wireless keyboards to Amazon Firestick. To connect the keyboard to Firestick, you only need a Smart TV with a USB port.
How to Pair the Wired Keyboard to Firestick
If you have a wired keyboard, you can connect it easily to your Firestick using the USB adapter, as Firestick doesn’t come with a built-in USB port. So before you begin the process, ensure you have a USB adapter.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
1. Connect the power cable to the USB port on the USB adapter.
2. Next, connect your Firestick to the other end of the USB port on the adapter.
3. Connect the wired keyboard to the USB port on the adapter.
4. Now, you can use the wired keyboard to navigate your Firestick.
How to Use Wireless Keyboard on Amazon Firestick
You can connect your keyboard to Firestick using two different methods.
- Using Bluetooth
- Using USB Dongle
How to Connect Keyboard Using Bluetooth
1. Initially, put your wireless keyboard in Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. Set up Firestick and connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
3. Navigate to the Firestick home screen by pressing the home button.
4. Click the Firestick Settings icon at the top right corner.
5. Select the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices tile.
6. Tap the Other Bluetooth Devices option.
7. Under Other Bluetooth Devices, choose Add Bluetooth Devices option.
8. Now, your Firestick will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
9. Select your Firestick device among the available devices.
10. That’s it. You have successfully connected the keyboard to your Firestick.
How to Connect Keyboard to Firestick using USB Dongle
Follow the below steps to connect your keyboard using the USB dongle.
1. First, turn on your wireless keyboard.
2. Next, take the USB dongle.
3. Search for the USB port on your Smart TV.
4. Plug the USB dongle into the USB port on your Smart TV.
5. The USB Dongle Keyboard is connected to Firestick.
Use all the ways mentioned above to connect the keyboard to Firestick. If you are not convenient with the wired or wireless keyboard, you can use the Mouse Toggle app on Firestick to navigate easily and have an endless streaming experience with your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you connect the Keyboard, you can use the keyboard to search for your favorite content and play, pause, and rewind the videos.
You can connect the USB Mouse to Firestick using the USB port on your TV.