Gears TV is an online streaming platform in which you can stream channels from countries USA, UK, and Canada. Gears TV can be installed on Firestick smart TV as it is available for free. It has over 400 channels with it. Popular channels like Disney, Discovery, WWE, NFL Network, and much more. With Gears TV on your Firestick, you can stream all the popular channels on your smart TV. Gears TV is one of the best apps for Firestick to stream TV channels.
Though the Gears TV is not available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, it can be easily installed on Amazon Firestick. Gears TV comes with an only subscription plan of only $20 per month with a trial period of 30 days. In the subscription, you can get access to all the 400+ channels. You can connect up to 5 devices. It has channels in almost all categories. Follow the below instruction to know how to install the Gears TV on your Amazon Firestick.
Related: How to install Netflix on Firestick?
Features of Gears TV
The features of Gears TV are as follows.
- With Gears TV on your Firestick, you can get to stream all the popular channels on your smart TV without a conventional cable subscription.
- Gears TV can stream both 1080p and HD format with ease.
- Gears TV has more than 400 channels which include all categories, right from movies, sports, news, entertainment, and much more.
- In Gears TV, you will never experience any buffering and throttling issues unless you don’t have a stable data connection.
- On the paid plan, you are allowed to unsubscribe at any time, and your money will be refunded.
Is Gears TV legal?
All the IPTV services are legal if they have proper licensing with respect to the channels they offer. But in the case of Gears TV, legality is a big question mark. But anyway, you can watch all of your favorite sports events like Pay-Per-View events, MLB Extra innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Centre Ice, NBA League Pass, and other popular entertainment channels for under $20 per month.
How to install Gears TV on Firestick
Gears TV is not available on Amazon App Store, and you need to download it from any third-party sources. However, you can download and install Gears TV on Firestick in two ways.
- Using Downloader
- Using Kodi
Getting Firestick Ready | Apps from Unknown Sources
Since you are downloading the apps from sources other than Amazon App Store, you need to give permission to install the apps from unknown sources. Follow the below instruction to turn on this feature.
1. Tap the Settings on the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Choose My Fire TV / Devices in the Settings menu.
3. Click the Developer Options in the list.
4. Select Apps from Unknown Sources to turn on if it is turned off.
5. Choose Turn On to confirm your selection.
6. Do the same to turn on ABD debugging too.
Method 1: Steps to install Gears TV on Firestick using Downloader
Downloader is the best app to download apps that are unavailable in the Amazon App Store. Install Downloader for Firestick if you don’t have the app,
1. Open the Downloader app, tap Allow if there are any pop-up prompts.
2. Tap the Home button. In the Search bar, type the Gears TV APK File URL https://bit.ly/3rfAbQb and click Go.
3. Wait for the download to complete.
4. When the download is completed, tap the Install button.
5. After the app is installed, click Open to open the app.
6. Tap Accept for the first time in opening the app and enjoy streaming TV channels on your Firestick.
Related: How to install YouTube on Firestick?
Method 2: Steps to install Gears TV on Firestick using Kodi
Gears TV is also available as an add-on. So, using Kodi on Firestick, Gears TV can be installed. If you don’t have Kodi on your Firestick, install Kodi for Firestick.
1. Open the Kodi app on your Amazon Firestick.
2. Go to Settings and choose System Settings.
3. Choose Add-ons and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle button.
4. Click Yes to confirm your selection.
5. Now, go back to the Settings menu and choose File Manager.
6. Click Add Source option and choose <None>.
7. Type the Gears TV’s URL https://targetcreates.com/repo in the search bar and type Gears TV in the Name bar. Click the OK button.
8. Now, go back to the home screen and choose Add-ons options.
9. Next, click on the Package Installer icon.
10. Choose Install from Zip File and select Gears TV.
11. Click the repository.gearstv zip file and select the OK button to install the Gears TV repository.
12. Select the Install from Repository option.
13. Choose GEARSTV Repository > Video add-ons.
14. Select Gears TV in the video add-ons section and click on the Install button from the lower right corner.
15. Now, the Gears TV add-on will be installed on your Kodi.
16. Launch the Gears TV add-on and enter your account credentials.
17. Now, you can watch your favorite sports events or entertainment channels.
Related: How to install Exodus on Firestick?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Gears TV is available for Firestick.
You can use the Downloader to download and install the Gears TV on Firestick.