DIRECTV is a
NOTE: In recent times, DIRECTV has been rebranded a lot. And to the latest DIRECTV Now app is no more available for your Firestick. Instead, you can use the DIRECTV Stream to watch the DIRECTV content online.
Features of DIRECTV
The following are the features of DIRECTV Stream:
- With the subscription to DIRECTV Stream, get up to 130 + Live TV channels on Firestick.
- You will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows anytime.
- Get 24/7 breaking news coverage with the DIRECTV Stream
- Guaranteed entertainment with access to unlimited on-demand content.
Unlike its rivals, you have no annual contract with this service, and you can pay month-to-month. Choose the right DirecTV Stream package from the list of packages given below for hours of the
- Entertainment – $69.99 per month
- Choice – $89.99 per month
- Ultimate – $104.99 per month
- Premier – $149.99 per month
NOTE: Visit the official website of DIRECTV to subscribe to any of the subscription plans of your choice.
How to Watch DirecTV on Firestick
DIRECTV Stream is available officially on the Amazon App Store. So, the installation is straightforward. Learn to download DIRECTV Stream on Fire TV / Firestick from the section below.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick /Cube / Smart TV 2nd generation and higher
- Amazon account
- WiFi connection
After you fulfill all the above requirements, refer below.
1. Power on your Firestick at first.
2. Hover to the home screen and click on the Find tab. Then, choose the Search tile.
3. Use the built-in keyboard to type DIRECTV Stream and search for it.
4. Choose Choose the DIRECTV Stream from the list.
5. On the next screen, hit the Get button to download it.
6. Wait until the DIRECTV Stream completes its installation process.
7. After the installation is done, select the Open button to launch it on the Firestick.
8. Enter your DIRECTV account credentials to log in to your account and start accessing it.
Suppose you experience DIRECTV Stream not working issue on Firestick. In that case, you can resolve it by clearing the cache on Firestick from Settings > Apps > Manage Installed Apps > choose DIRECTV Stream > tap on Clear cache and Clear data. After that, the cache and app data will be cleared for DIRECTV Stream. Once this is done, the DIRECTV Stream will start working.
How to Sideload DIRECTV on Firestick
In addition to this method, you can even choose to sideload DIRECTV Stream using Downloader on Firestick by following the steps below.
Make sure you have installed the Downloader app on your Firestick prior.
1. First, click on Firestick Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options.
2. Secondly, turn on ADB Debugging. Next, turn on the Downloader from the Install Unknown Apps section.
3. Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote to go to the home screen. After that, select the Apps tab from the upper right corner.
4. Next, navigate to the Downloader app from the Your Apps & Channels section to launch it.
5. Enter the URL of the APK File of the DIRECTV Stream app as https://bit.ly/3tphL0o and tap on GO.
6. Wait for the app to download.
7. Tap on the Next button to proceed with the downloading procedure further.
8. Click on the Install button to launch and access the DIRECTV Stream on Fire TV.
9. Finally, click Open to launch the DIRECTV Stream app.
10. Sign in with your Credentials and stream your favorite content.
How to Screen Mirror DIRECTV to Firestick
Connect your Firestick device-connected TV and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote for 10 seconds.
2. Now, a window will open on-screen of your Fire TV. From there, select the Mirroring tab.
3. Next, go to the Google Play store on your Android Smartphone.
4. Search and install the DIRECTV app.
5. After that, launch the Notification Panel.
6. From the Notification Panel, tap on the Cast icon and choose your Roku device.
7. Next, open the DIRECTV app and sign in with your DiIRECTV Stream account credentials.
8. Select any of your favorites. Next, play those contents and mirror them to your Firestick device-connected TV.
How to Stream Privately with the DIRECTV Stream App on Firestick?
You can connect to a VPN to stream privately on the DIRECTV Stream app because VPN hides your IP address. So, you won’t be visible to the prying eyes who want to steal your personal data on the internet. So, be precautious about the online data because your personal information can be with the hacker at any time. To stop this, you can connect to a secured VPN like the ExpressVPN on Firestick.
1. Press the Home button on your Firestick remote and go to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, select the Find tab. Incidentally, choose the Search tab.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to type and search ExpressVPN and choose ExpressVPN from the search result.
4. Click the Get or Download button, and ExpressVPN will start to download.
5. After the download is complete, the ExpressVPN will be automatically installed on Firestick.
6. Then, you may click on the Open button to launch it.
7. Sign in with your subscription account.
8. Choose any of the available VPN server locations of your choice.
9. Select the Connect button.
10. Now, you are connected to a secured VPN server.
11. Finally, you may launch the DIRECTV Stream app to watch your favorite content privately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch DIRECTV on Firestick with the DIRECTV Stream app.
Yes, you can install the DIRECTV Stream by using the Downloader app. That means you can watch DIRECTV on Jailbroken Firestick.
DIRECTV app is only available for Fire Tablet. So, you can only install the DIRECTV Stream on Firestick to watch the DIRECTV cable channels.