Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device which streams media through the internet. You can watch movies, live TV, listen to music, play games, and many more with this device. It comes with Amazon App Store, which contains all its supported apps to install. It also supports some third-party apps, which are side-loaded onto the Firestick. You can stream all kinds of media content from various streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many more on your Firestick. It supports all the bandwidths and resolutions, including 1080p, HD, and 4K Ultra HD. Like other devices, you need to turn off the Firestick device after streaming on it. Also, the below guide will show you the easy ways that you can use to turn off your Firestick devices.
Can you Turn Off your Firestick?
There are two ways you can use to turn off your Firestick. The first one is you can simply turn off the power supply, or if you don’t want to turn off your Firestick device completely, you can put your Firestick device to sleep mode. In this way, your Firestick device-connected TV screen will turn off. After that, you can turn on your Firestick anytime by pressing any button on your Firestick remote.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
Luckily NordVPN has launched their Black Friday Deals right now in which they offer 68% off + 3 months extra. NordVPN is the Best VPN service For Firestick available in the market right now.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
What are the Possible Ways to Turn Off Firestick
Turning off your Firestick device is very simple and straightforward. It can be done in three ways.
- Turn off with Firestick Remote
- Turn Off Firestick through Settings
- Turn off Firestick with Fire TV remote app.
Turn Off Firestick With Remote
Remote is a control device that comes with the Firestick device. You can access and switch between the Firestick option by using the remote. Also, your Firestick remote will help you with turning off your Firestick device-connected TV.
1. Turn on your Firestick device-connected TV and take the Firestick remote in your hand.
2. Now, press the Select and Play/Pause button simultaneously for a few seconds to put your Firestick device into sleep mode.
Alternative Method – Turn Off Firestick with Remote
The following are the alternative method you can use to turn off your Firestick device.
1. When your streaming is over, go back to your Firestick home screen.
2. Press and hold the Home button on the remote for a few seconds. A quick access menu will be shown on your TV screen.
3. Select Sleep, and it will turn your screen black.
4. Now your Firestick is in Sleep mode. Just press any button on your remote to wake up your Firestick device.
The following method only puts the Firestick device-connected TV in sleep mode while the power supply is still on. If you want to power off your Firestick, you have to unplug the Fire Stick from your TV and disconnect from the power source.
Note: New version of the Firestick remote comes with the Power Off/On button. You can simply press the Power button to turn on your Firestick.
Turn off Firestick through Settings
If the shortcut key is not working for your Firestick, you can turn off your Amazon Fire TV Stick device from the Settings.
1. Go to the home screen of your Fire TV.
2. Then, select the Settings icon from the upper right corner.
3. After that, choose the My Fire TV option.
4. Scroll down and select the Sleep option.
Finally, your Firestick device-connected TV will be turned off.
Turn Off Firestick by Using Firestick Remote App
You may use the Fire TV mobile app to do all the Firestick remote actions, including turning off your Firestick and Fire TV. This app is available on both the Google Play Store and App Store.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your mobile.
2. Search for the Amazon Fire TV app and select it from the search result.
3. Install and launch the app on your mobile.
Amazon Fire TV for Android Smartphone: Google Play Store
Amazon Fire TV for iOS Smartphone: App Store
4. Connect your Android or iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network.
5. Launch the Amazon Fire TV app,, and your Firestick device name will appear; select it.
6. If your Firestick device is not detected, select the Sign in button to sign in to your account with your Amazon Firestick credentials.
7. Now, you can see a code displayed on your Fire TV; enter that code on the respective field of your smartphone.
8. Finally, your smartphone and Firestick device will be paired.
9. Now, select the Settings icon from the upper left corner.
10. Choose the Sleep option, and your Firestick device-connected TV will be turned off.
Now your Firestick screen turns black and enters into sleep mode. Just click on any of the remote app options to wake up your Firestick from the sleep mode.
Note: All the latest version of the Firestick remote comes with the microphone button. Press this button to switch between options and turn on or off your Firestick with your voice command. You can also use the Alexa voice feature to navigate with Firestick options.
You can install the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone to turn off your Firestick device without a remote.
Press the Microphone button on your Fire Tv remote and input the voice command, ‘Alexa, Turn off.’