Norton is one of the world’s leading cybersecurity solutions that offer an in-built VPN called Norton VPN. This proxy VPN acts as a protection shield and security software to protect your devices. It allows you to enjoy surfing the internet anonymously. Millions of people around the world have accessed it. This VPN is a subscription-based service and offers many advantages. It provides utmost protection to your private information and helps you to crack any kind of geo-restrictions. Norton VPN is compatible with most modern devices like Android phones/tablets, iPhone/iPad, Firestick, and so on. Let us discuss how to install and access Norton VPN for Firestick in the below section.
Features of Norton VPN
Some of the excellent features of Norton VPN are listed down:
- It offers a VPN service for up to 5 devices that are based on its subscription.
- The in-built Cloud-Backup feature helps you to store your important files and documents.
- This service provides Online Threat Protection and Parental Control.
- You can store and manage your important passwords and other credentials safely.
- It protects your device from malware, and viruses and blocks unwanted traffic.
Norton VPN Plans & Subscription
Some features of the Norton VPN can be accessed for free. However, to utilize the Norton VPN completely, you need a premium subscription. And following are the subscription plans offered by Norton VPN.
Norton Secure VPN
1 Device– $29.99/year or $4.99/month.
5 Device – $39.99/year or $7.99/month.
10 Device – $59.99/year or $9.99/month.
Norton 360 Deluxe
5 Device – $49.99/ year
To subscribe to Norton VPN, you can visit https://us.norton.com/products/norton-secure-vpn.
How to Get Norton VPN on Firestick
Norton VPN is not officially available on Amazon App Store. Hence, you have to sideload the app on your Firestick in two ways. They are:
- Using a Downloader
- Using ES File Explorer
- Firstly, head over to the Settings section from the Firestick homepage.
- Click-on Device/My Fire TV > Developer option > ADB Debugging.
- Select and Turn-on the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
How to Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick using Downloader
Follow the down steps to learn how to install Norton VPN on Firestick using a Downloader app.
1. Launch the Downloader on Firestick and get to the home screen.
2. Enter the URL of the Norton VPN (https://bit.ly/3vTvOwz) in the URL Box.
3. Press the Go button to download the Norton VPN app.
4. Wait for the Norton VPN app download to complete.
5. After that, select the Install button from the next pop-up window.
5. Once the installation is complete, select the Open button.
How to Download Norton VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer on Firestick is an alternative to the Downloader app. So, if you don’t like to use the Downloader app, you can choose the ES File Explorer to get the Norton VPN on your Fire TV.
1. Once you install the ES File Explorer app, launch it.
2. Then, from the ES File Explorer home screen, select the Downloader icon.
3. Next, click on the + New tab.
4. From the new pop-up window, enter the URL of the Norton VPN app (https://bit.ly/3vTvOwz) in the Path field.
5. Then, enter the name of the APK File in the Name field.
6. Next, select the Download Now button.
7. After that, the Norton VPN app will start to download.
8. Once you download the Norton VPN app, select the Open File button.
9. Now, click on the Install button to install Norton 360 on Firestick.
10. Finally, you have installed the Norton VPN on Fire TV.
How to Use Norton VPN on Firestick
The following are the steps to use the Norton Antivirus VPN on Fire TV.
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote until a menu appears on the screen.
2. Select the Apps tab from the new screen.
3. Next, from the Your Apps & Channels section, find and select the Norton VPN app.
4. After that, press the Menu ( Three Horizontal Lines) button on your Fire TV remote.
5. Select the Move option and use the directional keys on your Fire TV remote to move the Norton VPN app to the top of the order.
6. Now, the Norton VPN app will be added to your home screen.
7. Next, launch the Norton VPN app from the home screen.
8. Sign in with your subscription account.
9. Then, choose any VPN server location and select the Connect button.
And finally, you have connected to the Norton VPN on Fire TV. You can easily turn off the Firestick
How to Fix Norton VPN Not Working on Firestick
If Norton VPN is not connecting to your Fire TV device, here are the fixes.
Buffering or issues are common when the Firestick device is not connected with a proper internet connection. Restart your router and make sure you have connected your TV with the WiFi router properly.
Not Connecting Issues
If Norton VPN is not connecting,
- Check if you have an active subscription to the Norton VPN.
- Ensure updating the latest version of Norton VPN.
- Connect with a different server location.
Screen Blacking Out Issue
If you notice that your Firestick screen blacks out,
- See whether any Firewall is blocking and ensure to remove it.
- Restart Firestick.
- Update your Firestick.
You can any of the best alternatives for Norton VPN like
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Norton VPN app is not available on Amazon Firestick.
Yes, you can install Norton VPN using Downloader or ES File Explorer and use Norton VPN on Firestick.
Yes, the Norton VPN works on Firestick very well.
No, Norton VPN is a subscription-based VPN. However, you can enjoy streaming Norton VPN for free with a free trial.
If you want to protect only your identity, then Norton is the best choice.
Yes, you can stream Netflix and other streaming services using Norton VPN.