Norton Secure VPN is a tool to safeguard your online privacy while accessing IPTV services like Apollo TV on Firestick. Unfortunately, Norton VPN is only supported on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. Therefore, Firestick users should use sideloading apps to install the app. Norton VPN provides military-grade encryption by masking your IP address. Therefore, you can browse the internet safely using the Silk browser on Firestick.
How to Get Norton VPN on Firestick
Norton VPN is not officially available on the Amazon App Store. Hence, you have to sideload the app on your Firestick in two ways. They are:
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
- Using Downloader
- Using ES File Explorer
Enable Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources
- Firstly, head over to the Settings section from the Firestick homepage.
- Click on Device/My Fire TV > Developer options > ADB Debugging.
- Turn ON the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
Important Note: If you are using the latest version of Fire OS, you can follow these steps to do the same.
Go to Settings → Click My Fire TV → Select Developer options → Click Install unknown apps → Turn on Downloader or ES File Explorer.
How to Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick using Downloader
1. Open Downloader on Firestick and click Allow to accept the storage permissions.
2. Enter the Norton VPN apk download link in the URL field.
3. Press the Go button to download the Norton VPN app.
4. Wait for a few seconds to finish the downloading process.
5. After that, open the downloaded file and click the Install button from the next pop-up window.
5. Once the installation is complete, select the Open button.
How to Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer on Firestick is an alternative to the Downloader app. So, if you don’t like to use the Downloader app, you can choose the ES File Explorer to get the Norton VPN on your Fire TV.
1. Once you install the ES File Explorer app on Firestick, open it.
2. When the home screen appears, click the Downloader icon.
3. Next, click on the + New tab.
4. From the new pop-up window, enter the URL of the Norton Secure VPN apk in the Path field.
5. Then, enter Norton VPN in the Name field.
6. Next, click the Download Now button.
7. After that, the Norton VPN app will start to download.
8. Once you download the Norton VPN app, click the Open File button.
9. Now, click on the Install button to get Norton 360 on Firestick.
10. Click Open to launch the Norton VPN app on Firestick.
How to Use Norton VPN on Firestick
1. Long press the Home button on the Fire TV remote until a menu appears on the screen.
2. Select the Apps tile that appears on the screen.
3. It will take you to the Your Apps & Channels section. Highlight Norton VPN using the remote.
4. After that, press the Menu ( Three Horizontal Lines) button on your Fire TV remote.
5. Select the Move option and use the directional keys on the Fire TV remote to move the Norton VPN app to the top of the order.
6. Now, the Norton VPN app will be added to your home screen.
7. Next, open the Norton VPN app from the home screen.
8. Sign in with your subscription account.
9. Then, choose any VPN server and click the Connect button.
You have successfully connected to the VPN server. From now onwards, you can access the apps that have a geo-restriction in your location.
Norton Secure VPN Not Working on Firestick: Quick Fixes
The following are the useful workarounds to troubleshoot the Norton Secure VPN not working issue.
Buffering issues are common when the Firestick device is not connected to a proper internet connection. Restart your WIFI router and connect your Firestick to a strong WIFI network.
Not Connecting Issues
- Check if you have an active subscription to the Norton VPN.
- Ensure updating the latest version of Norton VPN.
- Connect with a different server location.
Screen Blacking Out Issue
- See whether any Firewall is blocking and ensure to remove it.
- Restart Firestick to fix the technical glitch that occurred in your streaming device.
- Update your Firestick if Fire OS is not updated to the latest firmware.
- It has over 2000+ servers from 31 countries.
- Built-in cloud-backup feature helps you to store your important files and documents.
- This service provides Online Threat Protection and Parental Control.
- You can store and manage your important passwords and other credentials safely.
- It can unblock Netflix and HBO Max on Firestick.
- It protects your device from malware and viruses and blocks unwanted traffic.
Norton VPN Subscription
Some features of the Norton VPN can be accessed for free. For more features, you need to subscribe to any of these plans. Visit https://us.norton.com/products/norton-secure-vpn from a mobile or PC browser. Tap Buy Now and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for a new account.
Norton Secure VPN
- 1 Device – $29.99/year or $4.99/month.
- 5 Devices – $39.99/year or $7.99/month.
- 10 Devices – $59.99/year or $9.99/month.
Norton 360 Deluxe
- 5 Devices – $49.99/ year
Alternatives to Norton VPN
If you are looking for the best alternatives, you can try any of these apps.
- Proton VPN on Firestick
- Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
- Snap VPN on Firestick
- Windscribe VPN on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Norton VPN app is not available on the Amazon App Store for Firestick.
Yes, you can install Norton VPN on Firestick by sideloading via Downloader or ES File Explorer.
Yes, the Norton VPN app works well even though it involves jailbreaking on Firestick.
No, Norton VPN is a subscription-based VPN. However, you can enjoy streaming Norton VPN for free with a free trial.