Hotstar is one of the apps which is available in the Amazon App Store. You can easily install the app on your firestick. It is an online video streaming app in which you can stream live videos and on-demand videos. Hotstar is available only in India. With Netflix gaining loads of users in the world, Hotstar holds its reign in India. It is owned by Star India which is a subsidiary of Walt Disney Company. In Hotstar you can stream any past video content for free. If you want to stream live content, you can opt for its premium services. It has two subscription plans. Hotstar Premium for ₹999/year and Hotstar VIP for ₹365/year. Let us discuss how to install Hotstar on Firestick in this post.
You can install Hotstar on all Android & iOS smartphones and PCs. It can be easily installed and streamed on streaming devices like Chromecast, Firestick, and other similar devices. Hotstar is available in the Amazon App Store, so you can easily install it on your Firestick smart TV. It has video content from almost all the categories like movies, series, sports, entertainment, news, and so on. With Hotstar on your Firestick, you can stream any of the video content without any flaws.
Related article: How to install ThopTV apk on Firestick?
Features of Hotstar
Like every streaming app, Hotstar has its own and unique features, Here are the features of Hotstar.
- In Hotstar, the movies are updated very frequently so that you won’t miss any movies.
- Hotstar is the biggest online streaming app in India having users more than 300 million.
- You can watch highlights of any sports events like Cricket, F1, Football, Kabaddi, Badminton, and much more.
- With VIP subscription, you can able to watch Star series before they are premiered in the TV cable channels.
- Though the Hotstar holds its leg in India, it has Hollywood movies and series too.
- The streaming quality of the video will be chosen by the app automatically based on your data strength. Also, it lets you choose it as per your wish.
Related Article: How to Install YouTube on Firestick?
How to Install Hotstar on Firestick?
You can install Hotstar in your Firestick directly from the Amazon App Store. Follow the below steps to install the app.
#1: Tap the Search icon on the Home Screen of your Firestick smart TV.
#2: In the Search bar, type Hotstar and click the search icon to search the app.
#3: Select the Hotstar app in the app list. Click the Get button to start the download process.
#4: Tap the Open button if the download is complete.
#5: Login to the app and start streaming the videos, If you like the app, go for the premium services.
Related article: How to install YouTube on Firestick?
Hotstar is the best app for Indian cord-cutters. It is the best alternative to Netflix. Besides Hotstar is an Indian app, it has loads of content for English series like Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Westworld, and so on. Movies like Deadpool, Escape Plan, Guardians of the Galaxy are in the Hotstar gazette.
If you have any doubts or queries in the installation process, leave them in the comment section.