We all know that applications are abundant in the market, every platform tries to improve its performance every now and then, to attract the users. Thus, new updates are often launched by established applications to ensure that you are getting a better streaming experience. By getting the latest version of the app, you can enjoy added new features, increased performance, and more. Like our Smartphones, we can update the apps on our Firestick device. And there are a lot of available options available to update the apps on your Firestick.
Why You Should Update Apps on Firestick?
There are several reasons why you should update apps on Fire TV Stick. Let us see a few in the row.
VPN Deal Alert
While streaming online, your IP is both visible to Governments and ISPs which they can use to track your identity and activity online. It is Safe to use a VPN while streaming copyrighted and geo-restricted content.
With NordVPN you can achieve high streaming and downloading speeds, neglect ISP throttling, etc. And also with NordVPN you can generate and store strong passwords, Protect files in an encrypted cloud, and More.
1. Security Reasons – The application companies are very much responsible for keeping your data, bank details, and personal information safe from hackers and cybercriminals. By updating an app, you will upgrade to the latest security feature.
2. Fix Bugs – Bugs are one of the main factors that causes performance lack in an application. Periodically, applications fix the bug-related issues.
3. Adding New Features – Additional features are added in new updates based on the user’s needs. Thus, you will not get bored using the application in the long run.
4. Removing Unwanted Features – Some feathers that got negative feedback from the users will also be removed to satisfy the users.
5. Fix Not Working Issues – If you encounter any app not working issue on your Firestick, then make sure that you have updated the latest version of the app.
Update Apps on Amazon Firestick
To update the apps on Firestick, you need to update your device to the latest version.
Here is the list of Best Apps for Firestick.
How to Manually Update Firestick/ Fire TV
Quick Start Guide: Open the Fire TV home > Select Settings > Tap My Fire TV > Click About > Select Check for Updates > Hit Install Update.
1. Launch the Firestick and go to the Firestick home screen.
2. Select the Settings option.
3. Scroll between the options and select Device/ My Fire TV.
4. Then select the About option.
5. Now, select Check for Updates. If an update is found, you can see the Install Update option.
6. Once you see the Install Update option, select it.
7. Once you are done with the update, the Firestick will automatically restart.
Note: If your Firestick doesn’t restart automatically, you should restart it manually by pressing and holding the OK button and Play/ Pause button together until the Firestick starts restarting.
If you have doubts about restarting your Firestick, then learn How to Restart Amazon Firestick here.
How to Update Firestick Apps Automatically
With the automatic updates turned on, all of the apps on your Firestick will be updated automatically and effortlessly. So, follow the steps below to update Firestick apps automatically.
1. Select the Settings icon from the upper right corner of the home page.
2. Next, select Applications.
3. From the Applications section, select Appstore.
4. Ensure that the Automatic updates are turned on.
Now, you don’t have to do anything. If an update is found for a specific app, it will automatically be updated on your Firestick.
How to Manually Update Firestick Apps
To manually update the apps installed on your Firestick, you can refer below:
1. Select the Apps tab from the home screen.
2. Now, all the applications installed on your Firestick will be listed below.
3. Select the application you want to update and press the Menu button on your Firestick.
4. Select the More Info option. If there is an update available, the Update button will be displayed. Once you see the Update button, select it.
5. Then, the app will be updated on your Firestick.
6. If there is no update to the app you have selected, the Open button will be displayed.
How to Update Sideloaded Apps on Firestick
It is also possible to update the sideloaded apps on Firestick. And to update the sideloaded apps, follow the steps below:
1. Select the Cog icon from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Then, select My Fire TV.
3. From the My Fire TV section, select Developer options.
4. Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Then, go back and select Network from the About section.
6. Note down the IP address displayed on the screen.
7. Then, on your PC, visit https://bit.ly/3toJ7nF to adbLink’s .exe file.
8. After downloading the .exe file, install it.
9. Launch the adbLink software after installation.
10. Select the New button from the homepage.
11. In the description field, enter as Firestick.
12. Next, in the Address field, enter your IP address.
13. Click on the Save button.
14. Then, choose the device as Firestick and Click on the Connect button.
15. Now, download the latest version of the APK file you want to update on your PC.
16. Select the Install APK button and choose the APK File from your PC’s storage.
17. Click on the Yes button to force update an app.
18. Finally, you have updated the sideloaded applications on your Firestick.
Also, you can see how to Update Kodi to the latest version.
With the different methods, you can refresh an app on Firestick. Thus, you can update any app and enjoy the latest version of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are options to update apps on Firestick.
You can use the adbLink software to update jailbroken Firestick.
Select the app that you wish to update from the Your Apps & Channels section and then, select Menu > More info > Update. Thus, the app will be updated on your Firestick.
To update the App Store on Fire TV, you can update your Firestick to the latest version.