Amazon Firestick is the affordable streaming media player that turns your basic TV into a smart TV. With this, you can stream all kinds of media content and live TV. Other than online streaming, you can also play games with Firestick. Firestick is nothing without apps, and all its supported apps are available on Amazon App Store. Besides Amazon App Store, Firestick also allows you to side-load third-party apps. There is no monthly fee for Firestick, but you would have to pay for some premium streaming apps like Netflix and Prime Video if they need a subscription. Sometimes deleting unwanted apps should need to be done for various reasons. For example, it needs to be done when an app is not working or if your device is running out of storage. You can easily uninstall or delete apps on Firestick.
Why you Need to Delete Apps on Firestick
There are many notable reasons why you need to delete apps on your Firestick. They are:
Clear Storage on your Fire TV
There are possibilities that you are running out of storage space. And that may lead to unable to install new apps or download media content. But you have the option to uninstall the unnecessary apps on your Firestick. That means that you can anytime uninstall the applications to clear the storage on Fire TV. Also, when you want to update your Fire TV’s firmware, you need storage space.
To Clear App Data & Cache
If you have experienced any applications not working on your Firestick, you may have read that you need to clear the Cache on Firestick. And by uninstalling the apps on your Firestick, you can clear the cache and the data stored by the unwanted apps on your Firestick. So, that will help your Firestick device to increase its performance.
To Fix App Malfunctions
If some applications on your Firestick are malfunctioning, uninstalling the app and reinstalling may fix the malfunctioning issue. So to fix the issue by yourself, you need to learn how to uninstall or delete apps on Firestick. Also, uninstalling the malfunctioned app may fix other issues on your Fire TV like crashing, lagging, etc.
Speed Up Firestick
Also, uninstalling the unwanted apps on Firestick will help you with speeding up the Firestick. That means you will feel no lag, and your Fire TV will run smoothly. And the main reason why your Fire TV is slow is that your TV is full of its storage with cache and app data. So, that’s why your Fire TV is running slow. And the only thing that will help your Fire TV speed up is removing the storage space.
Removing Unwanted Apps
You may notice that there will be some pre-installed apps on every smart device. And you may like to keep some applications, and some don’t. And also, the unwanted applications are only a burden to you and Fire TV because the unwanted applications cost your Fire TV’s storage. But you also have the option to uninstall the default apps.
At last, thus far, we have discussed why we want to uninstall apps on our Firestick. Now, you can dive below the article to find how you can uninstall apps on your old and newest Firestick firmware.
How to Delete Apps on Aamzon Firestick
There are two methods to delete or uninstall apps from your Firestick,
- Uninstall apps from Firestick Settings.
- Uninstall apps from the Apps & Games section.
Related: How to Install apps on Firestick?
Delete Apps Using Firestick Settings (New Version)
If you use the updated version of your Firestick device, you can follow the steps below to uninstall the apps you don’t want from the Settings.
1. Tap the Settings icon and choose the Applications tile.
2. Now, select the Manage Installed Applications option on the next screen.
3. The list of installed apps will appear on Firestick. Choose the app that you want to uninstall.
4. On the next screen, tap the Uninstall button.
5. After a few seconds, the chosen app will be uninstalled.
Delete Apps Using Firestick Settings (Old Version)
Don’t worry if you are an outdated version of Firestick. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the apps on your old Firestick version.
1. Turn on your Firestick and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Settings menu option.
3. Scroll right or left to select the Applications option.
4. Then select Manage Installed Applications. It will list out both official apps and side-loaded apps.
5. Here, you select the app you want to delete or uninstall.
6. After that, select Uninstall option.
7. On the very next screen, select uninstall again. The selected app will be permanently removed from your Firestick.
Related: How to Update app on Firestick?
Delete from Apps & Games section In New Firestick Interface
Below is the shortcut method to easily uninstall the apps on your Firestick device-connected TV.
1. Launch the Firestick and go to the home screen.
2. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick paired remote for 3-4 seconds. It will display four shortcut options.
3. Select the Apps option. It will open the Apps & Games section with all your installed apps.
4. Select your app from the list which you want to delete.
5. Now press the Menu button on your remote.
6. Under the options, select uninstall option.
7: Then select the Remove from Cloud option to delete the app from your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can delete the applications on Firestick from the Settings and Applications tab.
Yes, you can delete apps from Firestick.